How often do you???

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By bajars2531
  • 1 Post By BeachMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you clean:

Cabinets? Inside? Outside?

Shower? Shower curtain?

Windows?

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven?

Silverware tray?

How often do you move furniture to clean under it? Couch, beds, dresses, etc.

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer?

Light switches?

Door knobs?

Keyboards?

Remote controls?

Yeah......I'll stop now.

October 15th, 2012, 03:50 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cabinets? Inside? Outside? Inside: whenever it starts to get cluttered, outside daily when I wipe down countertops.

Shower? Shower curtain? shower daily, shower curtain, monthly

Windows? Monthly or every 2-3 months

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven? fridge, weekly, microwave as needed, oven as needed

Silverware tray? as needed

How often do you move furniture to clean under it? Couch, beds, dresses, etc. whenever we get bored and change the furniture.

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer? monthly

Light switches? daily

Door knobs? daily

Keyboards? I don't know, every couple of months?

Remote controls? it gets wiped down weekly

October 15th, 2012, 06:59 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I am just going to answer this one with "Not often enough" and leave it at that , LOL!
kiszi, Leogirl, Hazel and 2 others like this.

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 16th, 2012, 06:31 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ha ha ha haaaa Breea. Totally agree. A lot of my stuff I had to guess and my big kids have their chores too (They wiped the doorknobs and light switches)
bajars2531 likes this.

October 16th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
How often do you clean:

Cabinets? Inside? Outside? Outside I do the ones that get dirty easily (by the oven and sink) daily, the kids do them all every other Sunday really good. The insides I do every couple of months when everything starts getting wildly out of order lol.

Shower? Shower curtain? Rarely, we only have a shower curtain in our guest bath and no one ever uses it so why bother? Our master bath has a glass shower and I clean that more than I like to!

Windows? Outside - twice a year, inside - once or twice a month.

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven? Weekly

Silverware tray? Weekly

How often do you move furniture to clean under it? Couch, beds, dresses, etc. The couches a lot, it bothers me to know there is stuff under them! The beds I can see under so I just grab what goes under there when I see it.

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer? Once a month or so, they actually get dirty pretty fast!

Light switches? Couple times a week (germ central)

Door knobs? When I do the light switches lol

Keyboards? My laptop gets wiped down everyday when I'm cleaning the kitchen because it's just in here so it gets cleaned lol

Remote controls? A couple times a week

Facebook
October 16th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree more with Breea!!! I'm not good at cleaning everything!

How often do you clean:

Cabinets? Inside? Outside? Cabinets I try and do every couple weeks. Insides - whenever they start looking like they need it

Shower? Shower curtain? We have a spray that we spray down our shower with and keeps it pretty clean. So, I don't actually get down and clean it as often. Shower curtain always gets shook out after a bath to try and prevent water marks and mildew but doesn't really work. I scrub it down when gets dirty

Windows? To be honest - rarely!!! Isn't that sad?! But, in our apartment we live upstairs so the outsides don't get cleaned - except the few times we've reached outside and scrubbed as far around as we could leaning out the window. And, the widows are high up and are sliding ones. I do them occasionally and looking at them they probably could be done now.

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven? Fridge and microwave as needed-sometimes more often then not and sometimes I wipe the microwave inside after each use if anything splattered. Oven - I can't stand the smell of oven cleaner - makes me sick feeling so rarely. I try and have a pan to catch things when baking/cooking so doesn't get too messy.

Silverware tray? When needed or when I feel like it

How often do you move furniture to clean under it? Couch, beds, dresses, etc. You kidding Never!! Now I feel bad like I should move everything around and clean under it.

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer? I wipe the inside glass of front loader washer door I do after each use or else it smells. The inside of actual washer doesn't really get dirty here so I don't do it. We hang most our laundry so dryer hasn't been used in months so haven't open the inside. Wiping outside I do when I see gets really dirty

Light switches? occasionally when see they are dirty. If anyone is sick I go around and spray with Lysol

Door knobs? rarely

Keyboards? rarely

Remote controls? rarely.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
October 16th, 2012, 04:55 PM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cabinets? Inside? Outside? I wipe down the outside maybe once a week or so. I clean out the insides when I noticed they are cluttered. Or maybe a few days after I notice they are cluttered. lol.

Shower? Shower curtain? Once a week

Windows? Not nearly as often as I should

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven? Fridge and microwave once a week or after any spill..oven, only after a spill. lol.

Silverware tray? Once or twice a week.

How often do you move furniture to clean under it? Couch, beds, dresses, etc. With couches, pretty much every day or every other day. Beds probably twice a week. Dressers once every month or so..nothing really gets behind them.

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer? Outsides I wipe down when I notice they need it. I run one o the tide cleaning tabs in the washer each month.

Light switches? Maybe once every week or two. When I get in the mood to wash the walls and such.

Door knobs? Every few days. 1-2 times a week.

Keyboards? Rarely.

Remote controls? Pretty much never. lol. Unless one of the boys are sick and then everything gets clorox wiped several times a day. lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search