Convertible carseats

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 06:12 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are you using and do you like it?

Carter is getting too heavy for his infant car seat so were shopping around for a convertible one. I'm really sad cause everyone has a base in their car (including grandmas) so this is going to be a pain when others watch him.

So anyway I like the Graco my ride 65 but at around $150 I'm not sure I want to spend that much for both of our cars. He rides in DH's truck maybe twice a week and its usually not for very long. I'm wondering if there's another, safe, but cheaper seat out there.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
October 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have an evenflo titan elite and it used to be my son's. It was only $100 and we've been happy with it.
October 16th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Lilysmama
You could just get him the seat you want for the car he rides in the most, and then a cheaper seat(s) for the cars he doesn't ride in as often. For my older DD, she had/has her good car seat in my car, and then in DH's car she had a Cosco Scenera. They are like $40 at walmart or target and are just fine. All car seats pass the same tests, some just don't have all the bells and whistles etc. The cosco scenera is a good cheap seat though, because it goes RF to 35lbs and FF to 40. It has nice high harness slots compared to other cheap seats on the market. My DD didn't outgrow it until right after she turned 4. It doesn't have much padding, but my DD never complained or seemed uncomfortable.

That is my plan with Owen also, to get a cheap seat, probably another Scenera for DH car and have a nicer seat in my car.

October 16th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been thinking about that as well. While Lily is still well within the weight limit, her torso seems to be getting too long for the harness. It's starting to be too tight. I want to rear face her as long as safety experts recommend, but not sure what car seat to choose, either.

Sorry I'm no help lol.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search