So annoyed.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By sareymac
  • 2 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By mBABYe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 05:22 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Well i am kind of over it now. lol

I went into Dunkin Donuts to get me my pumpkin coffee and there's no drive thru at that one, so i obviously take Gary in with me.
The lady takes my order and swipes my card, then she turns around grabs a donut and hands it to my baby! i was like woahhh no, thanks, he doesnt need that. She got soooo pissed she took it back and of course, he was like W T F lol he whined and started to whimper and she says, look he wanted it! I told he's 10 months old, and she was like he looked older than that sorry. I said VERY nicely, what if he was allergic to something in it she says OH PLEASE. Put my coffee down and walked away. I totally did their stupid little survey on the receipt and let them know.
I am angry about the attitude she gave me about giving my baby a donut, at least ask!?! DD donuts make me hafta poop (just keepin it real lol). . .I cant imagine what it would so to his wittle belly.
the end

October 16th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Julka
It's actually a normal policy in many coffee/donut places to do that. I used to work in a coffee shop during college and our boss specifically told us to give the little "donut holes" to kids if there were too many made that day. Also, whenever I take my kids to bakeries in my area, they 99% of the time get offered a free cookie. It might just be something that her boss told her to do and she misjudged Gary's age; I wouldn't give Sebastian a donut either.

But she should NOT have given you attitude about it, that's uncalled for.
October 16th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Really, well in NY you cant get anything free haha!
I have been in there a million times and they never did that before! Also, common or not, they should ASK parents, not just hand it to them. You never know.
My biggest problem is that i was very nice about it, it's not like I copped an attitude and she was nasty. the "Oh please" REALLY pissed me off haha

Its hard to convey on here, but she was so nasty! haha I mean it doesnt seem so bad but at the time it was kinda shocking!
Julka and D@mnedYankee like this.

October 16th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Julka
I totally agree they should ask first! But over here, they never do. They just put a cookie or a Timbit in a little napkin and hand it to my kids. Thankfully they have no allergies, but if they did, I'd definitely be annoyed!! Even w/o allergies, you might just not want them to have the extra sugar, etc.

I dunno what the deal behind it is (over here anyway), I guess they think you're likely to come back if there are freebies, lol
October 16th, 2012, 07:10 AM
How about give ME the freebies, Im the one with the wallet not the kid! haha
Snookums and D@mnedYankee like this.

October 16th, 2012, 08:06 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
LOL! That is total common place here too. My son gets a free donut when he goes in to DD w Dad for coffee. I think they are either (A) being nice or (B) looking for a tip in that bucket of theirs When he was little I would just take it from him & say thank you. They're just trying to be nice. He never got to eat one till he was 2. LOL! such a tease.

They also do that at the bakery at the grocery store! If you even walk close by they will yell out for him to come pick out a free cookie.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

October 16th, 2012, 08:15 AM
jojow
That would kind of annoy me too. Everyone always asks me first if I want freebie sweets for my kids. I wouldn't be too happy if they just stuck one in Levi's hand especially since certain foods do give him diarrhea.
October 16th, 2012, 08:45 AM
*** i have never taken him anywhere else where they offered something free or my god daughter who, before Gary would go everywhere with! lol
They must just be nicer everywhere else
BUT I understand they may be trying to be nice. . . but you just dont hand someone's kid something without asking. I may be over reacting and trust me, I am NOT that kind of mom, the kid's eaten ribs. . .its the principle.

October 16th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Julka
ribs?? LOL

And it's not just sales people, it's the darn little grandmas too constantly handing my kids little wrapped candy, the one you suck and don't swallow, know those? GAH. You wanna choke my kid? LOL
October 16th, 2012, 09:36 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
LOL Sarey! Totally. They should ask the parents first.

&& Julia... I KNOOOOWW! Omg I have little old ladies always giving Ryan lollipops. Very annoying. ..especially when it's like 9am. Not to mention WHO KNOWS how long those bad boys have been in their purse. LOL
Julka likes this.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search