Professional pictures

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lorena26
  • 1 Post By swild19

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Loves Kate!
Have you guys gotten professional pictures taken of LO? How many times?

We bought the ones from the hospital and we had 6 month pictures taken. I am trying to decide what else to do. We were planning on doing 1 year pictures but now I am thinking about Halloween pictures. But if we did that Katelyn's birthday is less than a month later. DH suggested Halloween pictures and then Christmas pictures to space them out a little. Jcpenneys sent me a flyer that had cake smash pictures on it and they were really cute.

Born 11/19/11
October 16th, 2012, 05:53 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
I don't ever do professional photos. It's just personal thing. I don't like the "look" of those kinds of photos. I just took 7,800 photos off my camera since May so I'm thinking I have their whole life covered. hahaha.

I would wait till her 1st birthday is you're going to pay for some. Halloween comes every year. You only have ONE first birthday How about 1st bday and a family Christmas photoshoot? Maybe hubs will be better with doing it so close together since everyone will be in it?

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

Last edited by mBABYe; October 16th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
October 16th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do outdoor family pics once a year, last one we got a couple individual of each of the kids but I don't do pictures just of them

October 16th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Julka
We have only had professional photos done once, before Sebastian was born. But I don't like places like Sears, Wal-Mart, etc. - I feel like the pics are too "the same" and the props are all the same. I dunno, just not my thing. The photographer we went to had a home studio & did our Christmas photos in front of a black background and did a combination of posed & un-posed photos and I loved them! If we ever go again, it will have to be something similar or an outdoor session.

I also bring my tripod to parks and take our own family photos I just did that last weekend, but it ended up being colder than I thought and the grass was wet so I just got a few standing-up pics, not sitting down like I wanted. And the kids wanted to run around, not pose LOL. But I did get some cute family pics out of it!
October 16th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Love My Boys ♥
We went once when Gio was a month old, i do the rest myself. I unfortunately don't have backgrounds and too many props but i mainly do it as a weekly thing to see his growth. Also the MIL gets ancy when i don't put pics up often enough

I took a couple family ones a few weeks ago, just a couple pictures nothing fancy. I would prefer outdoor ones, but it's just not really possible at the moment.

October 17th, 2012, 04:37 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Everyone I know is a "professional photographer" now. . . If I did them with one person people would get offended so we decided we will only do our photos. Its just not worth hearing blah blah blah from other people. But obviously thats neither here nor there. lol just me dropping my two cents in the piggy.

October 17th, 2012, 06:36 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I wish I had your guyses awesome cameras

October 17th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Loves Kate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena26 View Post

Those are great! Did you use a timer? I have thought about doing that but Im afraid Katelyn won't look at the camera then. Did you use a backdrop? Next time you take pictures like that will you take a picture of your setup? =)

Born 11/19/11
October 17th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had newborn pics and 6mo done of Duncan. We will be getting 1 year pics done and family pics at that time. I always go to Penneys and I have always loved my photos. I am thinking of trying a friend of mine that has been taking pics for about a year now. I have not decided yet though.

October 18th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Love My Boys ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by swild19 View Post
Those are great! Did you use a timer? I have thought about doing that but Im afraid Katelyn won't look at the camera then. Did you use a backdrop? Next time you take pictures like that will you take a picture of your setup? =)
Thanks! Yes i used a timer, though i'd much prefer a remote which i want to look into getting. Luckily Gio usually looks in the direction of the camera because the timer beeps

I just used a sheet for the backdrop, i really wish i had some more variety but oh well, hopefully at some point i will And i'm so lame, my stupid tripod is broken so i had to prop the camera on boxes

Get ready! I'm giving you guys a rare look of the "behind the scenes" of the un-edited pictures of lauren!

Here's a before shot, as you can see it didn't work cuz it was blurry (i take around a hundred pics in one session) and well my sheet fell so i reached for it HAHA!! It was just draped over the air mattress in the guest room

Here's another couple sets so you can get an idea of what my average "session" starts off like

I just edit the background around us, and in this case i added in part of my head that didn't make it in the picture

Sorry i didn't mean to go into a whole lesson, must be the teacher in me
sugarloafbaby likes this.

October 18th, 2012, 08:05 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like to do professional child photos for Christmas. It's a lot of fun for me, and we include the shots in our Christmas cards. Since Dahlia was born after Christmas next month will be the first time she gets pics done, which will coincide nicely with her one yr.

We did get professional photos for Christmas as a family too last year, but I did not care for them, the experience or photographer (it was Walmart- we only have a Walmart and Sears in town for studio pics). We ended up doing out own with my point and shoot camera in front of our Christmas tree. They were not the best quality but I liked them. I wish we had a nice camera, but it's not in the cards right now so we make do with what we have.

October 18th, 2012, 08:22 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did newborn, 6 month, 9 month and will do 1 year as well, and hopefully by then i will have my new camera lense and will have figured out my editing software enough that imwont have to pay for anymore!

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
October 18th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Loves Kate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena26 View Post

Here's another couple sets so you can get an idea of what my average "session" starts off like

I just edit the background around us, and in this case i added in part of my head that didn't make it in the picture

Sorry i didn't mean to go into a whole lesson, must be the teacher in me
No don't be sorry, that was great thank you so much for sharing. You do an awesome job! I love how you added the top of your head back in that picture!
Lorena26 likes this.

Born 11/19/11
October 18th, 2012, 02:59 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
I got newborn, 6 month and nine months done at walmart because thats all I could afford...they were cute though.

My three faves from her nine month photos.
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
October 18th, 2012, 06:10 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a great friend who is a photographer so we've done lots of sessions. I have the standard 3-6-9-months and have done lemonade stand pics and we're going to do a fall session this weekend. I've been crocheting her little hats to use as props and so she gives me a great deal on the pictures. Basically whenever we get something super cute/new, we get to go and take some pictures. I love my friend
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search