Can I vent for a moment? totally OT

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Rae~
  • 1 Post By AniLand
  • 1 Post By Dee Darling 3
  • 1 Post By Rachel
  • 1 Post By mccaroline
  • 1 Post By irishblessing
  • 1 Post By Mama.Angie
  • 1 Post By mccaroline
  • 1 Post By Dee Darling 3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Happy Mommy
So I have a friend that got engaged this year and is getting married next. almost exactly 1 year. I'm happy for her, but ever since she's been a little crazy about wedding things, like to the point she had the church, hall, photographer, caterer, and all booked with in 4 days. She had bought flowers with in a week, and starting making center pieces for tables with in 2 weeks.

okay all fine and dandy I don't care. now fast forward to 2 weeks ago and she hears my news, now she just hounds me for detials and just talks to me all.the.freaking.time. umm dude I'm not making any decisions for a while. I'm enjoying the moment.

Then my family, well mainly my nieces are asking if they will be bridesmaids. I told 2 of them that brought it up that I really don't know. I know I'd like them to be invovled in some fashion, but other then that, I don't know. I've gotten as far as knowing my best friends will be a bridesmaid and probably my sister that I love (not that crazy one) and that's it. and none of that is even set in stone.

so then my niece (one of the above mentioned) mentioned a girl she sort of knows is a photographer. okay well give me her name I'll check out her website when I have time. I did. not at all what I"m looking for. I tell her that, thanks but right now it's not what I want, but I'll keep her on the list just in case. 15 texts about it still becaus she is less expensive and blh blah blah. I don't care. she isn't what I want. I finally just had to tell her "yeah but she's not what I want" and then she stopped.

ugh. I know people are excited, and want to be invovled, but good grief.

oh and no date yet. 2014 wil be the year. but nothing on a month yet. I'm not good at making decisions real quick like
October 17th, 2012, 10:16 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lol, it kinda adds pressure to a happy thing.
Hope people stop bugging you soon!

It's your moment & don't let them ruin it for you!
October 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't let the high pressure of a wedding get to you.

That's one of the main reasons we eloped.
AniLand likes this.

October 17th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am a wedding officiant as a side job, and I know just the kind of bride you are talking about. LOL. Really, I LOVE officiating and being a part of such an amazing day for people. It's the best job in the world. But once in a while you run across a bride who is just too detail oriented and wants every little thing just the way she imagined it in her head, and her wedding day can be so easily ruined if it doesn't turn out that way. Don't get me wrong, I love weddings, but there comes a time when it's not about you and your fiance anymore, and it becomes about the party and the guests. I say just try to enjoy the moment, like you said.
Smashley likes this.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
October 17th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my, I would get irritated in a hurry.
Have you told them no wedding until 2014? Maybe they would back off a little if they knew it was that far out.

Good luck!

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

October 17th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, you're engaged???

I have a cousin's who's a great photographer, one who makes wedding cakes, I could play at the church for your wedding,....

I'm sorry you're getting this already. I hope with it being set for far out (well over a year away) that people will stop bothering you with all of this.
w292737 likes this.
October 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Good for you for enjoying the moment and not rushing it! Don't let them ruin it for you.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 17th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
One word:

Elope!
w292737 likes this.
October 17th, 2012, 03:48 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a 2 year long engagement too. It frustrated a lot of people, everyone wanted details, then they wanted me to move the date forward, then they thought we weren't serious about getting married because it was so far away... the list goes on.

Enjoy your engagement.
w292737 likes this.

October 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha, some woman are just wedding crazy! I know people would ask me to describe my dress and I was always like, "uh, I don't know... it's white!?" Weddings are not my thing either and planning/going crazy over one was the last thing on my mind. But I know the people you are talking about and it's annoying!!
w292737 likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
October 17th, 2012, 06:45 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I wish we had eloped.
From now on, just tell everyone that you are planning a long engagement.
Hopefully, they'll stop pestering you and you can just enjoy being engaged.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 17th, 2012, 08:55 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Im kinda jealous everyone told us not to get married. Sigh Im sorry I am a ball of emotions tonight.

October 18th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh. I'd just tell her the what's what and continue to enjoy myself. You don't need that crud crudding up your moment.
w292737 likes this.
October 18th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniLand View Post
I am a wedding officiant as a side job, and I know just the kind of bride you are talking about. LOL. Really, I LOVE officiating and being a part of such an amazing day for people. It's the best job in the world. But once in a while you run across a bride who is just too detail oriented and wants every little thing just the way she imagined it in her head, and her wedding day can be so easily ruined if it doesn't turn out that way. Don't get me wrong, I love weddings, but there comes a time when it's not about you and your fiance anymore, and it becomes about the party and the guests. I say just try to enjoy the moment, like you said.
yeah it's something else for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixana View Post
Oh my, I would get irritated in a hurry.
Have you told them no wedding until 2014? Maybe they would back off a little if they knew it was that far out.

Good luck!
they've all known that. because of course the first question any one asks when they learn you are engaged is "did you set a date" and we say, no, but not until 2014 at the soonest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Darling 3 View Post
Oh, you're engaged???

I have a cousin's who's a great photographer, one who makes wedding cakes, I could play at the church for your wedding,....

I'm sorry you're getting this already. I hope with it being set for far out (well over a year away) that people will stop bothering you with all of this.
oh good! let me fly you and them all in for my big day. we better write a contract, like last week

If I didn' thave the girls I'd elope in a heart beat. but I want a special day for them as much as for S and I, as silly as that sounsd to some people. they want a party and to dress up, so we'll do it (Plus I'm not overly oppsoed to the idea I just want to sit and enjoy myself first.

Last edited by w292737; October 18th, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
October 18th, 2012, 08:04 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Take all the time you need to sit and enjoy the moment. I loved my long engagement as much as it annoyed everyone around me.

I seriously couldn't imagine planning a wedding in less than a year.
w292737 likes this.

October 18th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
If I didn' thave the girls I'd elope in a heart beat. but I want a special day for them as much as for S and I, as silly as that sounsd to some people. they want a party and to dress up, so we'll do it (Plus I'm not overly oppsoed to the idea I just want to sit and enjoy myself first.
That isn't silly at all. I think it's wonderful to include your girls so much in this special event. It will make great memories/stories for all of you.

This would be one reason DH and I would renew our vows at 10 or 15 years.
w292737 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search