Chatter away ladies.........

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just though I'd start a chat thread. It's a great way to just talk about whatever we want, what's going on, what our kid/s are doing, ect.... So enjoy this thread and keep it going if we can

What's everyone up to today?
I'm going to leave in a bit and go to a yard sale that looked like they may have a small chest freezer. Not sure if I'll even get it or not but I'd like to even see if that's what it is. Then hopefully home and by then I'm hoping Kynslee will be ready to nurse and then down for a nap.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
October 19th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm waiting for my private lesson to show up. After it I'm done for the day and can go home. DH gets to come home today so that's pretty exciting!

October 19th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for DH being able to come home today Holly! How did the private lesson go?
October 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM
My lesson went great! She's super advanced so all she really needs in a spotter and someone to help her with her form so it's not really too much work.

DH is headed back to base terminal and he'll be off after that! I have a private lesson this afternoon, a class, and then a bachelorette party then I'm off! Nara is being a fuss bucket today who thankfully is napping right now. I can't wait to get off just to get her home!

October 20th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tried to buy Izzy her first pair of shoes but the ones I liked were all sold out in her size
October 22nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's a bummer they were all sold out! What type of shoes were they?

I found some ADORABLE Nike Shox little shoes for Kynslee brand new at a Just Between Friends consignment sale and tried them on yesterday but her feet are too wide I'm so sad they didn't fit as they were too cute! I'm hoping to sell them on ebay for a decent price and then buy her a different pair off ebay.
October 23rd, 2012, 04:34 AM
Three stores later and after trying on about twenty pair, I finally found some that fit her chubby little feet
October 23rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow - lots of shoe shopping Glad that you found a pair that fit. What type of shoes were they?

Kynslee is super tiny but has wide feet so I have a harder time finding shoes that fit as she's still small in size but her feet wide so there are not as many shoes that are fitting her good right now. Which is a bummer since she has so many shoes. A good thing is that I just listed the Nike Shox last night and they already have a bid on them for $19.99 (they were new never worn) & I bought them for $6 so now I'm looking on ebay for a different pair of Shox that will hopefully fit her.
October 23rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
It was a pair of garanimals athletics--nice and wide and high (her feet arent terribly wide but they are really high so even when I found shoes the right width, her feet were too high for them) and fit very well. Plus I thought it seemed fitting that they had hearts on them
October 24th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll have to look into those. They may fit Kynslee. What size does she wear?

Kynslee is in between size 2-3; 3 fit better for width but 2 better in length. Some 3 are just too big for her and hard for her to walk in because they are too big in length and the 2's too tight. I have some boots somewhere and am hoping to get those out as I think they may fit her better in 2's as boots sometimes tend to be bigger.

Today I'm going to go to DH's work. People there haven't seen Kynslee in a long time and then a pizza place up there is having a special of $5 pizzas when they normally are $14 so great deal. I'm going to break my diet today and go eat some pizza
October 24th, 2012, 06:57 PM
She's in a five.

I could go for some pizza
October 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM
My DH LOVES pizza and would eat it for every meal if he could. He has made me dislike pizza so much because we eat it all the time.

October 25th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The pizza was yummy!!! We also ordered breadsticks as it was happy hour so they were $5 instead of $8 like they normally are. Their breadsticks are not like normal pizza places, they are stuffed big squares of pizza crust filled with cheese and chunks of fresh garlic. Makes my mouth almost water talking about them

DH could also eat pizza all the time. Before we got married he still lived at home and I lived in TX (he in CA). His parents came down 6 days early to help with wedding preps and he told me he got 2 big pizzas and a couple boxes of mac and cheese and that's what he ate every day those 6 days. To this day he loves both and could eat both mac and cheese and pizza all the time
October 25th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are going in a bit to a pumpkin farm - I'm excited!! It's said to be a really nice farm with lots to do. Just hope Kynslee will enjoy it and that all is fun
October 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Lol!! DH has the palate of a picky child. Nara eats more stuff than he does!

The pumpkin farm sounds fun! We got some great pumpkins from the farmers market. I'm trying to decide when I want to carve them!

October 25th, 2012, 06:33 PM
My husband and sons could happily eat pizza for every meal

We usually get our pumpkins from a local grower--they have a huge garden next to their house and grow several sizes. We need to stop and get some big ones to carve and little ones to paint/decorate
October 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I thought about painting a few this year as there is all kinds of fun ways to do it on Pinterest but I don't know if I want to get roped into that.

What's everyone doing this weekend?

October 29th, 2012, 07:24 AM
The kids have a set of fingerpaints--I'm just going to newspaper the table and let them have at it
October 29th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's a good idea about putting newspaper down and letting them just paint the pumpkins however they like. Is Izzy doing any painting or just the boys?

My weekend was busy Holly - how was yours?
October 29th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Holly - I'm thinking of trying that chicken taco recipe you posted in the recipe subform. Sounds delicious and can't wait to try it! I'll post in the subform how it turns out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search