TMI but need answers!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By jojow
  • 2 Post By OurSweetLabs
  • 4 Post By sugarloafbaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies, I know I said I got AF the other day, but now Im not so sure. I woke up and had a sudden "leak" of red blood on the day I started but that was pretty much it. I am on day "3" of this and have only had faint pink discharge since then. Is this spotting or a period??? I am so confused. I have this fairly sticky/stretchy discharge that's only pink tinged. I POAS last week and it was clearly negative. We've been dtd much more often then usual but pulling out or using a condom. I don't think I'm pg? But if I am it's an increddddibly slim chance. I would appreciate any thoughts!!
October 20th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Oh wow, well i don't have any experience with this so i really don't know what to say but do you have another test? Since you said you POAS last week i'd do it again if you have another. I know you're saying it's a slim chance but if it was me personally i'd probably POAS again. Good luck!!!

October 20th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I may go buy one and then wait a week and try? I figure if I'm bleeding then it would be implantation bleeding right?? hahah I have no experience either
October 20th, 2012, 07:25 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Lauren when I had my first af it was a big one not a feint one. Gl

October 20th, 2012, 05:22 PM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is this "period" right on time? Or are you bleeding earlier than usual? I had implantation bleeding with my 2nd baby and had light pink/then brown spotting one week before AF was due. It certainly doesn't sound like a regular period.
October 20th, 2012, 05:42 PM
jojow
It could be that your body has been trying to ovulate/be fertile for a while. The lining of the uterus will build up and build up and build up in hopes of having an implanting eggie but there's no egg. Eventually the lining will be so built up that it has to shed at least a little, so you will bleed and in a sense have a period. But it's not technically a period if you didn't ovulate. So you could be having anovulatory bleeding or it could just be a really funky first period. If it's not a period, your body is definitely gearing up for one! You may have some more weird bleeding and then finally ovulate and have a real period. Or you could have ovulated and your lining may have been thin (hence the light bleeding) because your hormones aren't back to normal yet. I hope that made sense?? Lol

ETA: Shelley, this would be her first PP period.

Last edited by jojow; October 20th, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
October 22nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I have had several "leaks" this go round. I will think that it is AF and the only spot for a few days. It sounds like Jo is right.
stucklikeglue and VikingMamma like this.

October 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Jo gave some good explanation on this. I chart so here is what happened to me.

My first "period" was very light and I'm pretty sure it was an annovoluntary "warning" period. The period following that was very very heavy and I definitely ovulated, although it was still a weak one. My 3rd period, which is ending now, is finally more normalized but I had a very clear and strong ovulation. So your body is likely just gearing up to get back to ovulating regularly. Either way, take this as a sign that you are fertile and take precautions if necessary.
October 22nd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help I took an OPK test today just to see if I got anything and I got a very faint line, so I think yall are probably right. I am definitely producing LH... when i took a series of OPKs a couple of months ago, they were as blank (in the test area) as can be. Definitely gonna keep charting on my phone app....
October 29th, 2012, 10:22 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Gooooooood luck!!

My first period was last month and it was normal I'd say. I didn't have ANYYYYY cramps whatsoever so I had NO idea it was going to show up EXCEPT that I felt myself ovulate 2 weeks earlier. LOL. I hope next month goes as well. I was a super crampy mess after having DS1.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search