Somehow I caught a cold

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2012, 10:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't even go a whole lot of anywhere so where did it come from? Lol I just am hoping and praying I don't get Lily sick. She is sneezing a lot more than usual though. This cold is just your average head cold and no fever. If Lily gets sick, do I need to take her to her pedi even if she doesn't have a fever? Or should I just keep her home, but keep her comfy with doses of baby Tylenol if needed?

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

October 22nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Don't waste the trip to the dr unless she has a high fever or breathing issues. They will tell you it's a cold, nothing we can do about it. They can turn into ear infections but you should get some fever or really cranky baby to indicate that. If she is really stuffy you can have her sleep on a wedge by putting stuff under the mattress or raising one end of the crib. Also take a steamy shower and don't turn on the fan during the shower and have her in the room to loosen stuff up...... I"m sure other ladies will have other ideas to help with colds.

October 23rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Super Mommy
Riley got a really bad cold while we were on a trip to Arkansas. It was her first cold since being born. Poor kid had a helluva time breathing. It was so bad the first night I slept on the bathroom floor with a shower on for the steamy effect. It was so sad because I knew she didn't feel good but she actually cuddled in my arms so it made the sleeplessness a little easier to deal with.

Just TLC, Advil (I find it works better for riley than tylenol) and hot steamy bathrooms if she is congested. If she develops a cough I would see your pedi because pertussis is REALLY BIG this year, and sometimes vaccines don't protect as well as we would like.

October 24th, 2012, 09:51 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope you feel better. I would keep her home unless she has a high fever or super congested. Other wise rest, steam and fluids.

October 24th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She seems to be getting better. Never got bad really. If you didn't know her, you wouldn't suspect she was even sick. She sneezes and coughs a little more than usual. She coughs a few times a day, but that's normal for her and he has been seen for that when she was super tiny. I thought he had an ear infection for a bit there, but that seems to have gone away on its own as well.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search