Birthday presents

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By swild19
  • 1 Post By Lorena26

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you getting anything for baby's FIRST (!!!!) birthday??? What toys/clothing/goodies do you have your eye on?
October 24th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Julka
I'm trying to figure out what's for his birthday, what's for Christmas... He would not care for clothes and he has SO many clothes, so I am thinking some small toys for his age would be best; he's a bit bored with everything he has. He likes stuff he can hold, stuff that plays music, etc.

Probably same with Christmas. But I also want to get him a large toy organizer for his bedroom with compartments. His sisters have a TON of little cars, Thomas trains, etc. they no longer play with & I want to slowly start transitioning them from their bedroom to his.
October 24th, 2012, 07:32 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We've picked up DVDs and books and some toys here and there throughout the whole year haha. . .
Sooo now, I'll hafta figure out what's Christmas and what's Birthday. We may buy one or two more trucks for him to push around, he is sooooo into those lately. But otherwise any of that stuff he is getting.

October 24th, 2012, 10:21 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I have NO clue at all. He really loves stuffed animals and balls , and everything that his brother has, LOL

October 24th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We went to an icelandic friend's house tonight and they had this stand up table thingy that leila played at for literally an hour... then got super upset when we had to leave. she loved the thing so I think I will either buy or have a family member buy one of those for christmas/birthday if they are looking to get her something then some clothes.... also she's getting a cat for her birthday because we are moving my cat to denmark
October 24th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Loves Kate!
We've bought some Disney Princess Little People but thats all. I want to get her something else but I know that she will get so much from everyone else. If we get a lot of toys I will put some away and slowly get them out over the next couple months.
Snookums likes this.

Born 11/19/11
October 24th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I have a mat that was going to go in her play area but now that is down so maybe it will just be in the living room. A few other toys here and there off swap sites and thrift stores.

October 24th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swild19 View Post
We've bought some Disney Princess Little People but thats all. I want to get her something else but I know that she will get so much from everyone else. If we get a lot of toys I will put some away and slowly get them out over the next couple months.
That's what we've done the last few years with my dd and it's great! Awesome for them to have something 'new' in like March when they seem bored with what they have

I bought a few things last week but like everyone else, don't know what's Christmas and what's bday. I did ask my parents to get him a ball pit for his birthday though my dd got one for her first bday and LOVED it! (I'd reuse it but a) it was princess and b) our cat peed in it several times so we threw it away :x )

October 24th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, we will probably not get him a thing. He will get so much from others that I will just put the money and the effort into the party instead of buying him gifts.

October 24th, 2012, 03:24 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I got Pea her first Christmas present, and I will probably buy the same thing for Willows birthday party

October 24th, 2012, 06:33 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are redecorating her room for her birthday. Right now it's a bit cluttered and there isn't room for any of her toys. We never painted or did anything special to it since we didn't know if she was going to be a boy or girl, so we decided to go ahead and paint her room (lime green) and decorate it with pink accents. DH is also going to build her a toy shelf from the scraps leftover from our kitchen renovation we are getting ready to start. I'm planning on painting that pink too. I'm thinking of getting large white letters to hang above her bed, either just a "D" or her whole name. I also would like to frame some simple pictures in pink or white frames. The good thing is she will be able to enjoy her room like this for several years since it is not a "baby" theme.

October 25th, 2012, 09:34 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be getting rid of most of madisons current toys, they are all pkastic junk, and replacing them with some wood toys that she gets to use her imagination with. We will also get her a few clothing items and we are opening her a savings account with a few hundred dollars in it

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
October 25th, 2012, 11:38 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I have no clue. Her grandpa (my father) bought her a huge wooden swingset (Which we are picking up this weekend) otherwise I dont know what to get her for either. I should probably figure out some ideas since people are staring to ask what to get her.

October 25th, 2012, 10:18 PM
*~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~*'s Avatar Mommy Since 2006
i want a play and learn table for her.. and clothes. she just hit a new size and literally had 4 sleepers and a few other clothes that fit. so she could use some.

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

October 26th, 2012, 06:41 AM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swild19 View Post
Good idea!

idk what im gonna get her.
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
October 26th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
I have a bunch of stuff on an amazon wish list for him, i'm not sure what will be birthday vs. christmas but holy cow i'm excited

He's getting bored with what he has so it'll be nice to rotate some new toys in. He loves to push things across the floor so i have a push toy on the list, also a water table. A 3-in-1 bike that you (I) push from behind then i think it goes to a tricycle and a whole bunch of big and small items
VikingMamma likes this.

October 26th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
We have so much stuff from since DS1 was a baby that is still in great condition. Grey doesn't need stuff; toys or clothes! I will put things like puffs or yogurt bites, etc., in his stocking, maybe bath bubbles, but...other than that I'm not sure what else, if anything, yet.
October 30th, 2012, 06:17 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
We have 2 of those activity tables. I wish you lived closer Alissa. You could have them. I'll be honest, they are not long-term items. My son was obsessed for maybe two days. LOL! He could careless now that he's touched everything on the table.

I want to get him his own "couch" for the livingroom to go with his brothers. They are always squished together on big brother's. It's so cute, but I think it's time for his own.

His favorite new toy is one that we had in storage from his brother's first birthday. If anyone wants a good idea, this is it!! They love it. All their little buddies love it. It's a Little Tykes castle. I love their stuff! so durable & this one is totally small enough to fit in the house

I do like the Fisher Price Rampway too but I think I will save that for Christmas.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

October 31st, 2012, 07:23 PM
Super Mommy
We've been picking up items at the tag sales and consignment shops. She's really into Little People right now - someone gave us the farm and we picked up Noah's Ark this week - she loves them! We've bought about $40 worth of items and I think we're good! She's going to get a ton from other people anyway.

Love the idea of handing it out over the next few months - that's brilliant!
November 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM

More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search