Sleeping With a Blanket?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By rancherandcitygal
  • 1 Post By missy123
  • 1 Post By katiep726

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I sometimes give Lily one when she naps in her crib during the daytime. She seems to do fine with it. I have only given her a blanket once overnight when it got really cold and the central heater was having a problem. She was about 9 months old at that point. She was also in the room with me so i could hear her breathing. When is it safe to make sleeping overnight with a blanket a regular thing?

I have spent about 15 min googling it and so far some say its safe for newborns and some say it's not, while pretty much everyone agrees their older babies do fine with a blanket in the crib. I just went and placed one of her lighter blankets (not a receiving blanket but not a super thick one either) over her for now though until I see a reason to remove it.

Off to do more googling.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

October 31st, 2012, 12:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Gonna try to say this as nice as I can STOP GOOGLING. You are just causing yourself more worry. Do what you feel works for you and your child.

I personally give them loose blankets as soon as they can lift their heads and roll around so they have had them since they were 5 months old or so.

But really decide what works for you. If you want to you could layer her more with onesies or leggings under her sleeper too if blankets are a big issue for you.
missy123 and Meggin21 like this.

October 31st, 2012, 02:55 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cover Jordan with a blanket. He never seems to stay under it for long though. He is so mobile that he can move the blanket around when ever needed.

November 24th, 2012, 12:49 PM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
Emma's had a blanket for a while. At night she has a hand made crochet blanket and at nap time just a receiving blanket.

December 22nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When Red is out of town Scarlett sleeps with me and she is a blanket hog! She sleeps like I did when I was little. She has blankets in her bed. She is mobile enough that we do not worry about it.
SkyBaby likes this.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 22nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^Haha that's really cute!

Thanks for the feed back, everyone! Lily is very mobile now, so I'm not so worried about it. I need to stop googling so much lol.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

December 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the stop googling! There are too many opinions out there and it will cause you to second guess yourself. Honestly that's why I've been mia a lot because I started letting other people's opinions get to me too much and make me feel like a bad mom. Not that anyone was rude I just didn't have the confidence I should have to know I was doing the right thing.

Anyway, back on topic . Carter's had a blanket since around 7 months when he could easily roll around and pull it off if necessary.
SkyBaby likes this.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
December 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, Katie! Yeah I stopped googling lol. I haven't given her a blanket yet, as our house is kept pretty warm in the winter. I won't be worried about giving her one when she needs it though.

Edit: I second guess myself all the time about a lot of things even without googling lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search