What's on the menu?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mandy5586

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What's on the menu for dinner this week?

I am going back to meal planning (if you saw my post in SOTS) so I am making my list for grocery shopping tomorrow after work. I don't know if it's because I am tired or what, but I only have two things down for now LOL. We're also eating cheap this week so that makes it hard, too!

We're having Crockpot Pinto beans and cornbread and spaghetti with salad. Um...I'm stumped for the rest of the week! I am trying to think of healthy things for dinner that I can also bring for lunch the next day

November 5th, 2012, 05:39 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Obviously, I have to be on the GD right now & although it sucks, I really am getting used to it & even kinda enjoying it!

If we have a "normal" meal, I just modify it, like last night we had spaghetti, but we used wheat noodles instead of white, turkey instead of beef, & added lots of veggies to the sauce.

We plan on having a lot of roast/baked/grilled chicken (different flavors) & good, fresh roasted veggies. Plus, a small carb but I'm trying to also make my carbs healthy, whether it be wheat rice/pasta or cauliflower mashed potatoes (which are yummmmy, feels like you are eating a carb, but really you are eating a second veggie)

We also are eating a lot more fish now, & with only a couple weeks of healthy eating I can already tell a big difference in the way I feel. I don't even want McDonalds or white starches anymore.

For lunches, I stick with wheat bread with lean turkey, spinach leaves, & carrots.
Breakfast, oatmeal, eggs, wheat toast with PB, etc...

That was a lot longer than I intended it to be. haha This is just such a big part of my life right now, sooo...lol
November 5th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I like spaghetti with turkey instead of beef, but DH doesn't. He says he can tell the difference, but whatever. He likes Italian turkey sausage though. The thing that sucks is that he can't have tomatoes, cucumbers, and other fruits and vegetables that have seeds or thick skin. So I can't put tomatoes in anything at all and I absolutely love tomatoes.

I am going to make this broccoli pasta dish I found on skinnytaste. It's just a few ingredients and it's easy and healthy. I can't wait.

I feel so much better when I eat healthy, but sometimes it is just so hard. It's much cheaper to eat bad/cheap/easy food. But this week, I am making all dishes that I can eat for lunch the next day.

I'm setting goals for myself each week. The Diabetes journal I bought has a Habit Tracker. Add 5, Break 5, and Adopt 5 bonus habits. Hopefully this will help me get back where I was!!
MommytoaMiracle likes this.

November 5th, 2012, 07:27 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Our menu plan this week:

Potato leek soup is cheap, easy and delicious! Just use milk instead of cream. (Cooks.com - Recipe - Potato And Leek Soup)

Asian Noodle Casserole

Pancetta and Leek Pasta (Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond)

Pork Chops and Garden Rice (Pork Chops with Garden Rice Recipe - Allrecipes.com)

Salmon, Green Beans, Bean Salad

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
November 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Hot dogs tonight

Whole chicken in the crock pot with mashed potatoes, carrots and gravy

Mini pizzas made on English muffins

Pitas made with ground beef

Pork chops sliced up and cooked in teryaki sauce with home made french fries

Pork roast with potatoes, corn and gravy
November 5th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This week will be mostly pasta or rice with veggies. Probably a chili. I overdid it on the spending over the weekend... sooo... our food budget is 1/3 of what it'd normally be. No regrets! I keep a pantry stocked with the staples. We'll be fine.
November 5th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh we haven't had my crockpot pork chops in a while. I think I'll make that instead of one of the other things I have on the menu.

November 5th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I think I'm making Chicken carbonara tonight.
Tomorrow, Neely and I are going out to dinner with friends, so I'll probably let the kids pick what they want, which is usually hot pockets.
Wednesday I'll probably do pork chops, rice and some sort of vegi.
Thursday we have counseling, so probably leftovers (or fast food)
Friday, I'll probably throw a roast in the crock pot.

Weekends are sort of roll your own around here or I make Neely cook.
November 5th, 2012, 09:18 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
No idea....I need to get back into meal planning though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search