Meals/Snacks

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Julka
  • 1 Post By swild19
  • 1 Post By jmills1129
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By herdestiny
  • 1 Post By Flukie
  • 1 Post By sugarloafbaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What kind of food is everyone eating these days? Nathan eats a lot of what we're eating but sometimes what we're having but there are times he doesn't. Hoping to get more ideas/inspiration from you guys

November 5th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Julka
I would say 25% baby food, 75% regular food...

Breakfast is usually oatmeal or multi-grain cereal with fruit, or YoBaby/YoToddler yogurts.

Lunch is some sort of homemade soup (I blend it if it has chunks), cheese sandwiches cut into little pieces, cottage cheese mixed with a bit of sugar-free jam, cream cheese sandwiches. Sometimes homemade or store-bought babyfood (veggies, veggies w/ chicken), etc.

Dinner, I usually sit him on my lap and he eats whatever I place in his mouth He's soooo NOT picky right now, loves everything!!!

Snacks are fresh fruit cut into little pieces (he loves everything), Cheerios, Gerber puffs, Mum-Mums. He loves Indian Naan bread to chew on.

He gets 3 bottles of milk - morning, afternoon, and evening.
Snookums likes this.
November 5th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Loves Kate!
I was just about to ask something similar. Katelyn is so picky and will hardly eat anything. She doesn't want to be spoonfed anymore. She will eat chicken, bread, and cheese. We've tried bananas, apples, peaches, peas, carrots, and she won't eat any of it! She used to eat all of those things pureed but not whole.
Snookums likes this.

Born 11/19/11
November 6th, 2012, 09:54 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She eats what we eat, her favorite things are orange bell peppers, and she was digging into the salmon i made the other night. She doesnt eat baby food unless we are somewhere that feeding her our food is inconvenient. She likes quinoa alot as well.
And she loves strawberries, and raspberries and apples, cheese and eggs.
Snookums likes this.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
November 6th, 2012, 10:48 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Gary eats whatever we put on his highchair tray lol! Except I gave him a chicken noodle soup and he pushed the noodles out with his tongue lol
Snookums likes this.

November 6th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Loving my little boy. <3
We give Michael almost everything we eat. Although I try to make his a little healthier. For breakfast we give him eggs, toast, bananas, cherrios, pancakes (not all of those at once lol) lunch and dinner are either grilled chicken, pork, mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, pasta, peaches, pears, pomegranates, strawberries, rice, crackers with spreadable cheese, grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches, and a lot more that I can't remember, and again not all at once. He does really well with everything except steak and apples (for obvious reasons lol) I just give it to him and if he eats then awesome if not oh well we'll try again later.
Snookums likes this.

November 6th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Super Mommy
Anna eats mostly what we do - sometimes though, she refuses what I put on her plate in favor of mine. She likes to snack on Cheerios, fruit, Mum Mums, and Baby Goldfish. We just keep filling up the bottle - sometimes she drinks tons, sometimes not as much. She will try almost anything, but we did just reach the point where if she doesn't want it, she throws it on the floor.
Snookums likes this.
November 7th, 2012, 06:02 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dahlia seems to be much more picky than her older sister was, so I still struggle with variety for her. She loves bread and crackers and would eat them all day if I let her! She also enjoys sweet potatoes, whole bananas and mashed potatoes. She picks at most fruit and doesn't want it, and most veggies she won't eat much of either except for maybe carrots. She loves cheese of all forms too! But basically she has a very limited diet right now that I am working on. She seems to be hungry all the time now though and is still breastfeeding quite a bit. So I know most of her nutrition still comes from breast milk.
Snookums likes this.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

November 7th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jon still eats a good bit of baby food. He loves the pouches. He normally has oatmeal/fruit for breakfast, cheerios or puffs for snack, lunch is typically baby food. He likes the Gerber pasta entrees. They advertise them for toddlers but he can eat most of them if I cut it up. Dinner is usually what we're having unless there's dairy. He still can't have any dairy yet so that complicates it a bit. He loves most fruits and also likes to feed himself. We had chinese food last night so he got to try some fried rice and sweet/sour chix that was teeny tiny pieces. He loved it!
November 7th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Duncan eats anything that crosses his path! We do not feed him any baby food anymore. He eats what we eat. The only thing thing that we have found that he will not eat is cauliflower and red peppers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search