So Tired

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By w292737

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh. So last night I went to get Tristan from his dad's house and guess what he's doing? SLEEPING! Chris picked him up at 3 p.m and said he would put him down for a nap when he got home but instead decided to hold off on it until 5 and then he let him sleep for an hour and a half.

Needless to say, Tristan did not go back to sleep until almost 9 (his bedtime is 7) and then he was up most of the night and ready for the day at 4 am. I'm pretty sure this same thing happened last weekend because when I went to get T he looked like he just woke up even though Chris said he was just tired. I only found out Tristan was asleep because I came a little early to pick him up and he was still out.

It just drives me nuts that Chris does stuff like that and on top of it, he did not feed Tristan or bath him. I just don't get why if he only has him from 3-7 he would want him to sleep half the time? He does not see him much during the week so I would think that on the weekends he would want awake Tristan and not sleeping Tristan. I'm just tired and annoyed and don't really know how to handle the situation considering I can't control what Chris does when T is with him.

Any suggestions?

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
November 12th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That stinks. I get what you're saying about him sleeping when he does get much time with him. It sounds like maybe he wants to come off as a good Dad by staying involved in his life, but doesn't want the "hard" job of actually being a Dad.

Can you sit down with him and nicely make it very clear the type of schedule Tristan is on? I know that Brynlee is a MESS when her grandparents leave her up way passed her bedtime and then she is a total jerk the next day and who gets to deal with that? Me and Joey.

I personally probably wouldn't bring up anything about him being asleep most of the time that he is with Chris, but I would just make it clear that the type of schedule YOU need him to stick to. You are the main parent here. If he is waking up for the day at 4am then you are the one who has to deal with it.

I wish I had some advice.

November 12th, 2012, 06:11 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Mandy, try to get your point across but in the most non-confrontational way possible, ya know?

I'm really sorry! That is crappy! If it makes you feel better, I know a LOT of men (sadly, probably mine included) that would do the same thing. Even if I'm just going to the store, I call to check on Sav & DH said she's "laying down because she was acting tired"...Ummm, no, you are just lazy & think any time she cries, it must mean she's tired. Really ticks me off...Men suck. lol
November 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No advice. I'm sorry.
November 12th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Happy Mommy
Document Document Document.

if it's not working keep records in case you need them, other wise just roll with it. him sleeping most the afternoon sucks for you, but isn't detrimental, but not feeding him supper is.

Rachel, Mama.Angie, tobi4 and 1 others like this.
November 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no advice, but like what has been said so far. I hope you can work something out that is best for Tristan!
November 12th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
Document Document Document.

if it's not working keep records in case you need them, other wise just roll with it. him sleeping most the afternoon sucks for you, but isn't detrimental, but not feeding him supper is.

I agree. The sleeping thing while he's with his dad is annoying, but it's his dad's choice how he wants to spend his time with him. It's dumb but and it sucks that you have to deal with a not tired/overtired baby, but not feeding him would be a big problem for me. ((hugs))
November 12th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Can you try giving him a written schedule and say this is what we usually do, can you try and stick close to it so T isn't cranky later? I would really appreciate it.
I agree with Ro and Rachel though, keep track of everything!!

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

November 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would explain to him that it's important that he sticks with his schedule when he's there. Who knows, maybe he just needs to realize how important it really is.

November 12th, 2012, 03:23 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would just wait and see if it continues to be like that every time he visits.

That has happened to me before when leaving Dom with DH while I work evenings. It totally can be frustrating if it ends up messing up with their sleep schedule etc.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search