Planning Pea's Party

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mBABYe
  • 1 Post By Lorena26

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2012, 08:42 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Hubby and I decided that we will most likely host our own birthday party for Madison at our house. We toured this play bounce jump place tonight and although it was great, it was too pricey. They wanted 155$ for 50 minutes worth of party room. You couldn't bring in your own food and if you did they charged, if you used their food they charged even more. And who just wants hot dogs and pizza? With only 2 2 liters for 65 bucks tacked on? Ugh. We won't be having her party there but it would be fun to go ourselves. It's only 3 bucks for toddlers to get in and they have a space for them to play.

If you are having a party at your house with other kids will you have activities and fun stuff for them to do? I am trying to get an idea of what I can do other than eat and open presents lol.

November 17th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are doing a Winter Onederland Theme. I have a pin the nose on frosty game as well as tree ring toss game. Mostly for the "bigger" kids. I have also thought of maybe baking cookies day beofre and let the kids decorate their own cookies to bring home. It will be part of their party favor. I also found these cute little sippy cups in the shape of penguins and snowmen that have a lid and straw. So I will use these and snowman ornaments for the rest of their party favor. Cant believe we are discussing frst bday already. Ours is in 2 weeks
November 19th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Super Mommy
We won't really have any bigger kids - so we're not planning any activities. It didn't even cross my mind to be honest... Hm. The other two kids will be 15 months and 14 months, and they just like to play with Anna's toys, so I think we'll be okay. We are doing it at my parents house for a bit more room!
November 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We set up a craft area for the other kids that will be there. With Dd's 1st birthday we did animal crafts since she had a zoo themed party. We also gave them gift bags that had stuff to keep them busy. Things like little puzzle games, cards, things like that. For Duncan's party I plan on having a snow flake related craft and I love the idea of the cookie decorating that Meg posted!

November 24th, 2012, 09:20 AM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
i have four older kids coming but Im not planning anything for them, they will keep each other busy.
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
November 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
We have a ton planned! Ours is outdoors though so it gives us much more room! We have 24 kids ages 12mo-13 coming (majority being 2-4yrs). We have a bounce house, ring toss, metal horseshoe set (for adults) & plastic horseshoe set (for the kids), pinata, tons of snacks/drinks/cake/etc.., VIRGIN jello shots (for the kids of course.. HAHA.. ours will be more fun), this weight throwing game thing they all love, TONS of sidewalk chalk (that's always a big hit)... hmm... I can't think of anything else at the moment. LOL I'm sure I'm leaving something out.

Oh yess! The goodie bags this year I decided to WRAP. I always feel weird opening gifts in front of other people so I got some great loot (based on age) and wrapped it all up for their own gift with their name on it hopefully it'll keep the little ones from trying to steal all the real gifts too. haha!
Lorena26 likes this.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

November 28th, 2012, 10:02 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kell, You know way to many people lol!!! we have 18-20 ppl coming and only 6 kids not including our own. the rest are adults and Im at a loss of what to do.

November 29th, 2012, 05:14 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing a Seuss theme... I havent really thought of too much in the way of games for the toddlers and stuff, we have a ton of toys that should be enough really. I am going all out with the decorations and food table though

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
November 29th, 2012, 06:01 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Thanks Angela. It's going to be fun!! ..but expensive $$. Geesh. LOL. Where are you having the party? At your house? Maybe you could set up a play area for the kids. Blow up like 100 balloons and let them go wild! Kicking & running through them. Always a hit with the little kids Or set up some fun things in the yard? Party City has a ton of fun party games & stuff. You should check it out! I was sooooo close to buying a limbo set. HAHAHA

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

November 29th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Ahhhhhhhh Kell i'm so excited for your little guy's party!!!!

I also am stealing Kell's bounce house idea We attended my cousins baby's 1st birthday last weekend and they had one as well and Gio really enjoyed it! We will also have a swing set that DH and i got for Gio for his birthday that we'll set up as soon as it's delivered. As for the rest, i'm still working on it
mBABYe likes this.

November 29th, 2012, 07:59 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
The balloon thing is a great idea!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search