For those who have turned one...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By Michilee1
  • 5 Post By Michilee1
  • 1 Post By Julka
  • 2 Post By swild19
  • 1 Post By Snookums
  • 1 Post By mBABYe
  • 1 Post By sareymac

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Michilee1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy Birthday!!!

I haven't been on in a while but I was thinking that many of you must have already celebrated the one year milestone!!

I hope it was wonderful and that they all enjoyed a nice big piece of cake!

Maybe you've already shared, but if you care to share again, I'd love to hear what you did/plan to do.
Julka, jojow and sareymac like this.

December 3rd, 2012, 06:37 AM
Well, I'll go on ahead and start! Josie turns one today and I'm super excited for her birthday party on Sunday. We're having it at an indoor playground. The theme is The Backyardigans and I'm having a character come in for 30 mins for songs and dance. There will be around 18 kids (mostly one year olds) and the parents. The centre pretty much just offers pizza if you want food so I'm bringing my own. It kind of defeats the purpose of keeping things simple since I went nuts with buying my own decorations and doing my own food but I get a little carried away with parties! At least I won't have to clean up though .
Julka, Snookums, Meg1227 and 2 others like this.

December 3rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
Julka
That sounds great!

We're not doing a party, not really party-family. We'll celebrate with just our family and I am making his cake myself. His birthday is on Wednesday. All his presents are purchased and I know he'll get more from grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. when they see him at Christmas as well.
Michilee1 likes this.
December 3rd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Loves Kate!
Katelyn turned one on November 19th. We had a small party of family and close friends. She had so much fun. She didn't nap at all but made it through the whole day. She didn't really want anything to do with the cake though.
Michilee1 and herdestiny like this.

Born 11/19/11
December 3rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nathan's party is in his birthday (15th). It's just going to be small, our parents, siblings, neice and nephews and our good friends. I can't wait, big parties stress me out lol just some simple decorations and snacks (it's from 1-3pm)
I think he's going to looove having cake!!
Michilee1 likes this.

December 3rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
J turned one yesterday! His party was Saturday. It was a blast!! It was outdoors at a park. 80 degrees. Great times! 23 kids showed up. Tons of adults. Bouncey house, tons of games (horseshoes, ring toss, football goal posts with inflatable footballs, etc), chalk (as usual, quite the hit!), food, rip cake, beer, jello shots, margaritas... LOL it was a good time

Oh... & he did NOT like the cake. He is not a fan of anything sweet (like Mom) so I smooshed a little frosting on his face. haha. ..but then it left a red mark. :/ gahh.
Michilee1 likes this.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 3rd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mBABYe View Post
Oh... & he did NOT like the cake. He is not a fan of anything sweet (like Mom) so I smooshed a little frosting on his face. haha. ..but then it left a red mark. :/ gahh.
bahahaha! I'll see how Josie does with the cake tonight!

December 7th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
happy Birthday Josie! Lydia turned one on the first and we did a winter onederland party at the house.She did great and had lots of fun! Think her favortie was present time. She enjoyed her cake. She did not "dig" into it but after I cut a piece up she went to town!
December 10th, 2012, 05:33 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Gary turned one on the 5th we had a small cake that night. But Saturday the 8th we had a big party, it was a blast! He didnt get to nap, but he didnt get cranky ONCE he was awesome, he did soooo good with his cake he LOVED it!

Michilee1 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search