Naps?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is everyone doing for naps?

Nathan is pretty solidly on 2 naps a day, first about 3 hrs after he wakes (so usually 10) and the second about 3 hrs after he wakes from the first (usually about 2:30)
I was trying to do 1 long afternoon nap every few days since he will have to switch to an afternoon nap when he goes to daycare but he's been absolutely miserable teething for the last week or so, so I've given up for now (for my sanity! lol)

December 3rd, 2012, 09:42 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
We are on two naps here too. The first one is about 10a & the second one is usually around 2p or 3p. It depends on how long the first one was.. Bedtime is 7:30-8p. Wake-up at 7am. on..the..dot. *yawnnnn* haha

He was awake allll day on his birthday and was fabulous. Thank goodness! LOL

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 3rd, 2012, 11:10 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
During daycare she takes one from 12-130 or so give or take and she takes one right when she gets home at 4pm or 5, and then sleeps for 2 hours. She goes to bed at 830-9 sleeps all night and if given the chance will occasionally sleep til 8 or 9. This morning I woke her up at 845 because I was bored and wanted baby snuggles.

On the weekend and days I don't work she wakes up, and then takes a nap from 930-12 or 1. She takes some loooong naps I tell ya. And then another between 4-5 for 2 hours She makes me feel like I can totally handle another baby at this point! It also helps because she's started saying "Nigh nigh" while dragging a blanket behind her head and trying to lay on the floor.

December 3rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
Julka
2 naps here as well. But we've also had 1-nap days.

Basically, Sebastian sleeps A LOT at night. He goes down at 8pm and we don't hear from him until 8-10am. So if he wakes up at 8am, he does 2 naps (9:30-11am and 1-3pm). I have to schedule his naps between the girls' school bus pickups. When he wakes up at 10am, he usually just does one longer nap, like 12:30-3:30pm.
December 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What is a nap??

My child takes a 20-30 catnap once, maybe twice a day if I'm lucky! ARGH! My 3 year still takes a 2-3 hour afternoon nap which is awesome. I wish Jon would sleep at least an hour when she does so I could get stuff done! The kicker is he doesn't sleep all night either! He has been sick with ear infections and teething so I'm sure some of that has to do with it...but really it's exhausting. I wonder when I will get to sleep all night again?

~frustrated Mommy
December 4th, 2012, 07:07 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Gary takes two naps usually. . . how do you people have children that sleep 12+ hours!? That is unheard of to me lol Gary STILL wont sleep thru the night and he has crazy separation issues with me, so its horrible right now up in this house.

December 4th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Grey naps about 2 hours in the morning (he wakes up around 7, thanks to his noisy older brothers) , except on days when DS1 goes to preschool - then it's catnaps during the car ride. And then he naps about 2 hours in the afternoon.
December 4th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
Gary STILL wont sleep thru the night and he has crazy separation issues with me, so its horrible right now up in this house.
I had this issue as well, he seemed to have really bad sleep separation anxiety for like a week. It just got better over the past 2 days. He fought, screamed, freaked out for every nap, every bedtime, it was horrible!! I do hope it gets better for you soon! Gio still doesn't sleep thru the night either but at least putting him to sleep has gotten back to normal.

Gio still takes 2 naps, his usual is an hour but sometimes he sneaks a 20-30min one instead of the hour but i won't put him down for an extra to compensate.

December 19th, 2012, 05:43 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Joe is doing about 2 or 3 naps a day. He will take a short one (about 30-45 min) about 2 hours after he wakes up. Another one after lunch for about 1 1/2 hrs -2hours then an evening one before dinner (another 30-45 minute one). Some times he skips the evening nap

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
December 19th, 2012, 08:23 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Caylyn wakes up at 7:30 goes to daycare and goes down for her first nap at 10:30. She will sleep until Noon. Her second nap comes right around 2-4. I pick her up at 4:30 and she is up for the rest of the night until she goes to bed at 9.

December 19th, 2012, 08:36 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are a two nap a day family too! Mason wakes at 7am (after 2-3 wakes up through the night...UGH) then nap from 9-11 and then 1-3. Those are tentative, but usually around those times. THen bedtime is 7pm or a bit before.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

December 19th, 2012, 10:54 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Madison will nap in the car, and take one long nap ariund 2. but our days are always different because of work.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
December 19th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Loves Kate!
Our days are always different too so we aren't on a strict schedule. But usually she takes 2 naps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Sometimes there is a third in the evening. They tend to be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

Born 11/19/11
December 20th, 2012, 07:14 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
she's started saying "Nigh nigh" while dragging a blanket behind her head and trying to lay on the floor.
AWWWW!! Jason learned "ni-ni" too!! He goes to his bedroom door & knocks on it. LOL!!

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 20th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gavin does 2 naps a day. The first one about 3 hours after he wakes up. It was 1-2 hour nap but lately it is a little catnap and then he is down again around 2.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search