CBC and Lead Test

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By swild19

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Around here it's standard practice for 1 year olds to get blood drawn for a cbc and lead. Not sure on the logic of it. I sure know that when I am taking their blood I can't help but picture Pea's face on the screaming kid and I get all sad and hurt inside. (emotional preggo talking) So not looking forward to it. I think her daddy will have to do it. Even worse is it will be done in my lab. I only trust one person to do it. But I have yet to find a vein on Pea and if they can't find it I refuse to let them go fishing. No way no how!

December 4th, 2012, 07:05 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Aww! They did that for Gary's 9 month appointment. . . I thought it was just a prick of the finger tho. But I could be wrong maybe it was something else, I know lead was involved because they asked about the paint in our house before they did it

December 4th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Julka
We don't do any of that around here... they don't get their blood drawn at all. They get vaccines at 12 months, including MMR
December 4th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Grey had his blood tested at 9 months. He cried, but did well, and recovered quickly.
December 4th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Loves Kate!
Katelyn had that done at her 12 month appointment but it was just a finger prick. She didn't even flinch when they did it. She was more upset about the big bandaid that they put on her finger, she wanted it off!
mBABYe likes this.

Born 11/19/11
December 4th, 2012, 09:49 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by swild19 View Post
Katelyn had that done at her 12 month appointment but it was just a finger prick. She didn't even flinch when they did it. She was more upset about the big bandaid that they put on her finger, she wanted it off!
Ours was just the finger prick too.

December 4th, 2012, 11:00 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Ours is the finger prick too. But due to practice changes they said I have to go to the lab down the street. Insurance stopped covering the cost of the little vile thingy (I forgot what she called it) so she said they stopped ordering them. DS1 actually had it done at 9mo. Not sure why they waited till 12mo this time..?

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 4th, 2012, 02:11 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I wish they did a finger or heel stick here

December 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Super Mommy
We had blood drawn for led at Anna's 9 month appointment. She was so sad (and angry!) about it - holding her through it was miserable though! I felt so bad.
December 4th, 2012, 09:48 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember Aiden having it done but I dont remember when, I want to say it was 9 months as well and his levels were high! so they had to keep repeating it to see if it went down. Brea hasnt had it done yet. My guess would be at her 12 month next friday. :/

December 6th, 2012, 05:46 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
they do a finger stick here but only if your house is older then a certain age or you spend time somewhere that is....

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search