Brushing teeth.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2012, 07:15 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
One evening last week when I was brushing Colton's teeth, I noticed a pink tinge on his tooth brush. After further investigation and lots of protest from Colton, (I finally tipped him upside down so he laughed like crazy and I could get a good look) I saw a brown mark on the upper, inner side of his tooth! I wasn't sure if it was a cavity or maybe food stuck so I tried using a washcloth to remove anything there. After brushing his teeth a few more times, there is now nothing there. Food must have gotten stuck in his gum line poor guy, but I'm so grateful it wasn't a cavity. I try to brush him once a day, But dad didn't really feel any urgency. Now that we had this scare, it's 3x a day at least lol.
So how often do you think is normal to brush baby's teeth?

[/url
December 9th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We brush twice daily. Morning and evening. It's hard though and I am not sure if it's actually doing what the job is because she pretty much just slurps the toothpaste. She wants to do it herself. So we deal with that struggle every time. She wants to wet the toothbrush, put toothpaste on it, rewet it, suck the toothpaste off, and repeat. She hardly lets me do any type of scrubbing. It's frustrating, to be honest. But I figure I am doing my best!

December 9th, 2012, 07:55 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Once a day. We let him do it for a few minutes, then we go over them again.

December 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I try to do it once or twice a day. Tristan always fights me when I try and if I let him do it he eats the toothpaste and flips the toothbrush around and bites the other side. When he does not cooperate I get the little finger toothbrush and pretty much let him bite me while I try to clean his teeth. Even though his little chompers hurt it gets the job done and he thinks it's pretty funny so kind of win win lol

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
December 9th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will admit that I suck at brushing kids' teeth until they are around 2 and more compliant, this is a good reminder for me to get out a brush for Joey, bad mama!
December 10th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Once or twice a day when brother brushes his teeth.
I wish shed let me floss them :/ we need to get more of the floss stick things, its easier then.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

December 10th, 2012, 07:20 AM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
2 times a day. I brush them first and sing a song I just make up about brushing teeth. I try and pull her lip down to get the front of the lower teeth. That is an easy spot of stuff to build up. After I'm done, I tell her "Good Girl! Okay, now it's your turn. Show Mommy how you brush your teeth." Sometimes were pushed for time and skip her turn.

Once I noticed a pink tinge also. Thats when I noticed she was cutting her molar. It was all bloody and looked like an extraction site. lol

December 10th, 2012, 07:30 AM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Once a day, at night. Unless she has bad morning breath and we do the morning too. Lol. We will probably start doing twice a day everyday 'cuz it's been bad lately (breath).

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
December 10th, 2012, 10:36 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not that good about brushing his teeth. I usually try once a day but unless I can get him in the right mood he just clamps his mouth shut on the brush :/

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
December 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do it at night, or after something particularly sticky. My Kairi has terrible, awful, no good teeth... She had surgery last November. It was a mess. I'm not risking anything like that again. Even if it was mostly unavoidable, I still feel like we could have caught it earlier if we had really been looking.
December 10th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Kim
We brush once a day, sometimes twice if he sees someone else brushing their teeth. He loves brushing his teeth. He takes a turn, sometimes before and sometimes after. It took a week or so of me squeezing his cheeks a bit to get him to let me in there, but he hunts me down if he hears me brushing.

December 10th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Will brushes his teeth when he gets up, and before bed. He almost never lets me do it. But he will put the brush in his mouth and chew it for several minutes. Do you think that's sufficient? It seems like it would be kind of the same concept to me...?

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
December 11th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Happy Mommy
we brush for real morning and night. we brush for fun almost all day long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search