Santa Claus is coming to town!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lorena26

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2012, 08:28 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Who in here celebrates Santa? If you do... What kind of fun kid things do you do? I have a few friends doing the Elf on the Shelf this year. (some are hilarious btw!!) Others do letters to Santa, cookies, videos, etc.... What do you do in your house?

Here is the link to the Santa video you can personalize for your kiddos: Santa Claus | PNP - Portable North Pole | Video scenario selection - Naughty or Nice

We've never really done anything before besides the cookies. & sitting on Santa's lap 2 years ago. However this year my 4yo is REALLY into it and I was hoping we could all share some fun ideas We did the video! & now my son keeps telling me that he has to pick up his toys to stay on Santa's good list. haha! Score! I won't ever lie to him about Santa or "confirm" that he is real. He is not. I know that. But it's fun while it lasts!

Let's share some ideas!

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 12th, 2012, 08:35 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
I haven't done it but I saw someone else post in another group this:

Letters from Santa!

Is there really a Santa Claus? Kids will truly believe when he writes them back! The U.S. Postal Service is helping to keep the enchantment of Santa Claus alive with its Letters From Santa program. Letters From Santa allows a parent, grandparent or any person in a child’s life to mail a letter to their child “from Santa” postmarked from the North Pole. The personalized letters that parents send to their children via the Letters From Santa program should not to be confused with the historical Operation Santa program. In Operation Santa, the Postal Service facilitates the matching of customers with letters written to Santa from needy children. Participants in Operation Santa help fulfill a child’s dream with a gift and a response letter from Santa. (Customers are not provided the child’s address in the Operation Santa program.)

The Letters From Santa program helps parents fulfill the dreams of their own children. Here’s how “Letters From Santa” works:

1. Write a letter to your child from Santa Claus and sign it “From Santa.”
2. Insert the letter into an envelope addressed to your child with the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE.
3. Ensure a First-Class stamp is affixed to the envelope.
4. Place envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address the larger envelope to:

NORTH POLE POSTMARK
POSTMASTER
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998

“Letters From Santa” must be mailed to the Anchorage, AK, postmaster no later than Dec. 10, 2012. Santa’s helpers in Anchorage, AK, will take care of the rest. The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
December 12th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Julka
Yes, we do Santa he comes the night of the 24th and all the presents are from him! The kids wake up Christmas morning and that's when they see all the presents he brought. We leave out cookies and milk for Santa and then carrots for his reindeer. Some traditions we have are to allow each child to buy a new ornament for the tree each year (anything they want), and we have also done where they open one gift from mommy & daddy on Christmas Eve and it's new pj's and a new book or little stuffed animal.
December 12th, 2012, 08:55 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Well we are obviously just starting our family. . .BUT we got a "cookies for santa" plate it's actually the same as my christmas china, but has that painted on or whatever (we got it last year) and we will start this year putting cookies on it, even if G doesnt know, we do! And the whole Santa's Elf drops off your Christmas Jammies at the door just before bed thing, my aunt started that with all the little kids.

December 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
^ I got a cookies for santa plate too

We will be starting a couple new things, like the PJ's in the stocking on Christmas Eve, and baking cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve as well. We will be continuing (since i was little) that Santa drops off a sack of presents (1 for each person) at the back door on Christmas Eve as well then getting and opening all the presents on Christmas morning. I feel like there's something else and i can't quite remember at the moment
mBABYe likes this.

December 13th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do the milk & cookies for Santa/carrots for reindeer
I want to do the elf on the shelf next year maybe.
We haven't visited Santa at the mall because my 3yo is terrified when she sees him lol
We did write a letter to Santa though (and she drew a picture for him too!)

December 14th, 2012, 06:06 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do Santa, we have a cookies for Santa plate my mother got Amber when she was a toddler. Its really cute, it has toys on it and stuff, it really is ONLY good for a couple of cookies (the Toys are raised up limiting the space on the plate). We do PJs from mom and dad on Christmas Eve. We didnt do pics with Santa last year but we're going to this year.

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
December 14th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Ahhhh i remember the other thing i was missing...the advent calendar!!! You know the ones with the little chocolates My grandma used to get us those every year, so i started it up again and got one for Gio this year! Of course i only gave him a little piece of the chocolate and i ate the rest so it was nice memories for me too

December 14th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol we have advent calendars that no one has touched! None of us really like chocolate. (Well actually Nathan would probably chow down on them if he got ahold of it!

I forgot last year I did a magic Santa video, I should do that again this weekend for my dd.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search