Bath time

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Julka
  • 1 Post By ratladee
  • 1 Post By mBABYe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2012, 09:10 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Any other babies going through a phase with bath time? Madison used to love baths but now she hates them. I don't know what's wrong. I haven't changed anything. She was in her infant tub without the infant seat in it and one day she just flipped out. When I put her in she wouldn't sit down and she was hysterical. That's how it's been for 4 bath times now. I told Patrick to go upstairs and fill up her tub and we'd go in after to see if she just didn't like the noise. I go in there and he filled up the whole tub and not her infant tub! Seriously! If she's having trouble with the infant tub what in the world made him think that it was ok to do that, I didn't ask for him to do that. Ugh. Sorry. /hormonal pregnant frustrated woman right now. Well she didn't like that bath time either. And it's even more traumatic trying to wash her hair. Because she won't do it right and then the water goes in her face and she flips out even more but she can't go to sleep with beans smeared into her hair.

December 16th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Julka
Have you tried putting just a little water in the big tub and getting inside with her? Filling it with rubber duckies and cups and bath toys and try to make it into a playtime thing for her?

We haven't used the baby bathtub in months.
Snookums and mBABYe like this.
December 16th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Loves Kate!
Katelyn went through a phase like that. It lasted about 2 weeks and now its better. I don't know what the deal was. Do you give her toys? That seems to help the most with us. We still use the baby bathtub too.

Born 11/19/11
December 16th, 2012, 05:11 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dahlia has always hated baths - she screams at the top of her lungs like we are torturing her every time!! It's horrible and I try and make it as quick as possible. Infant tub vs big tub made no difference, she just hates the feel of the water I guess. I try so hard not to get water in her eyes, but it is difficult bc she won't allow me to block it with my hand so I know what you mean about that!!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

December 16th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Well we only did put a little bit in the big tub but it didn't make a difference We found this thing at walmart that attaches to the shower head and it's a little sprayer that comes down so you can rinse their hair! It was only like 10 or 15 bucks AND it's going to double as our diaper sprayer! It's not installed yet, but hopefully that can take some drama out of hair washing. I remember my brothers went through this phase too.

December 17th, 2012, 06:11 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Gary was the exact same way, he is starting to get better now though. the hair is the exact problem with him and when we rinse his hair he puts his head down and it goes in his face and he gets pissed lol

December 17th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I had told hubby that it's getting harder for me to give Pea a bath because I'm really getting big. So before this phase happened he gave her a bath, and then when I tried to she hated it. Makes me wonder if he did something to irritate her and make her hate baths. Maybe he wasn't careful washing her hair. I don't know, but it sure is a coincidence that he'd give her a bath and then she hates it after that. I was always so careful about her hair and most of the time I didn't get water in her face. He denies that he did anything to scare her, but well, you know how guys can be. They think something they think is funny and us girls just don't agree! lol

December 17th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Duncan loves the tub. Always has. Dd went through a phase where she hated baths, but now she could spend all day in their playing if we let her.

December 17th, 2012, 08:02 PM
We tried the shower attachment and successfully avoided getting any water in her face despite her crying and trying to stand up. Still more drama tonight. Not a moment without tears.

December 17th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
We went through this with my oldest. She would scream like we were killing her. We bought a frog shaped body washer thing and told her to look up at it. Not sure if she would get it at this age but you could at least try something that suctions to the wall that as she looks up at it would make her tilt her head back.

December 18th, 2012, 06:52 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Ohhh poor Pea

We haven't used that baby tub since he was probably 4 months old. We got a bath seat so he would be able to sit up and play with his brother in the big tub ..& also make it so I wasn't worried he was going to drown at any minute if he fell over. LOL. He loooovess it!! But.. he has always loved bathtime. Maybe Pea would like one? It would probably really help Mommy & her belly too You can sit back & relax for a minute while she's busy playing with all her tub toys.

Get the Dream Baby Bath Seat for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

Oh wait.. here's one they have in pink

Dream Baby Deluxe Bath Seat - Walmart.com

oh man.. sorry that's so big. LOL

....it would be a great thing for Caleb too once he's ready to splash with big sis ..maybe you should get the aqua one. hehe

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 18th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww, Nathan does the hair thing too. Fights me so hard from blocking his eyes, it's like 'dude I'm trying to HELP you!' lol
other than that though, he doesn't hate the bath. I'm sad though that since he learned to stand he won't sit and play in the tub anymore. He just stands, throws things and constantly pulls the plug out.

my dd went through a LONG phase of hating the bath, it sucks big time

December 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM
One of my friends suggested getting in the tub with her and taking a bath. I can only imagine how awkward that would be for me in this state. More like a beached whale and a lil guppy floating around in there.
Snookums likes this.

December 19th, 2012, 04:41 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
maybe she is just used to Daddy doing it and not you... some kids gets weird about changes...

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
December 19th, 2012, 05:07 AM
LOL Miranda!! I can not imagine getting in the tub with them even when I haven't swallowed a beachball. HAHAA! Wet babies are slippery!

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 19th, 2012, 05:27 AM
I'm the one that gives her her baths, he did it that once because I told him how awkward it's getting for me so he tried to help. Now it's back to me doing it lol... and getting lots of charlie horses!

December 19th, 2012, 05:46 AM
I say if she's still cranky next bathtime.... we're converting it to a permanent dad-job. LOL
D@mnedYankee likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search