Poop

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mBABYe
  • 1 Post By mBABYe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 08:23 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P

Ever since Madison has been on whole milk it's all light colored! Ew!

She got her hemoglobin checked for wic today with a finger prick and it was 10.2. Pretty low. Any other babies with low iron? What did you do about it?

December 18th, 2012, 08:29 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
J's poop was light too for a little bit after our switch to whole milk. & it smellllledddddd soooooo badddddd. Blehhh. Glad that's over. Now that's he's down to only 2 glasses of milk a day (sometimes 3) plus 3 full meals a day & snacks ...gosh... it's like... MAN poop. LOL
Snookums and ratladee like this.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 18th, 2012, 08:31 PM
jojow
My oldest got anemic at around a 12-14 months. We didn't realize it at first and by the time we did his iron was pretty low. We put him on an herbal/natural liquid multi w/iron and within a week he was almost back to normal.

Levi's poops were really light colored for a while after switching to whole milk but now are much more normal.
December 18th, 2012, 08:39 PM
When your baby was anemic did his attitude change? I swear within the last few days Pea has changed! Hopefully not permanently but she's very frustrated and is throwing tantrums all the time over nothing. :-/

December 18th, 2012, 08:50 PM
jojow
Everything changed, his attitude, appetite, activity level, sleep patterns, skin tone... It couldn't hurt to get her on a multi-vitamin. The attitude could just be from teeth though. Is she getting any?
December 18th, 2012, 08:56 PM
She got her 5th tooth 2-3 weeks ago, She has 2 bottom and 3 top and the other one up top is due to come soon although I can't tell if it is. She is having trouble all around. I have her vitamin d drops with iron in the medicine cabinet that we never used... I wonder if that's causing her poor attitude and baby function as well. It's probably a plethora of causes, growing, teething, anemia, developmental stuff, communication frustration all balled up into one 19.11 pound 28.5 inch Pea.

December 18th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I would say teeth. & just the frustration of life. Being one isn't easy. sooo many plans, yet so little ability. LOL. I find mo 12-15 to be the most frustrating for them.

Definitely try out the vitamins though! Did the doc recommend you start one with iron? Ours had us do it the couple months he was on formula before we started whole milk (mo 9-11). We just slowed down now. I'm back to giving them twice a week. It certainly can't hurt to try!
Snookums likes this.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 18th, 2012, 09:01 PM
She has her 12 month appt tomorrow so I am going to ask about it. I better write all my questions down before I forget! I seem to have more than normal this time.

December 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Haha! I always forget what I wanted to know the second my brain hears the words "any questions?" Nope!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search