All about you MOM!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 05:53 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Thought we would catch up with a little Q&A about us!

First Name:

How old are you:

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old:

What are you wearing right NOW:

What are you making for dinner tonight:

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby:

How have you been feeling in general:

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn
December 19th, 2012, 06:21 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Okay, I'll go haha. . .

First Name: Sarah!

How old are you: 29

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: Pretty well. . . I have gotten SO much more patience. . .lol Life is definitely more fun with Bubbs! I get frustrated sometimes with the sleepless nights we went through and sometimes when he screams just bc he wants me only. . .BUT in all seriousness it will not last forever, and i have gotten a lot more understanding love that kid more than anything!!

What are you wearing right NOW: black tights, black tank with a burgundy sweater over it

What are you making for dinner tonight: Prob Parmesan crusted chicken. . . but it depends how i feel later I am sick, so if i dont feel better it aint happenin!

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: Our relationship really never changed since he was born, but there were times I wanted him to do more and he didnt (until i asked) but now, we are in it together. . .our relationship is great. He just told me last night in bed that he had been thinking the past few nights before falling asleep "i would marry you all over again". <3 <3 barf

How have you been feeling in general: Im sick right now. . .but usually just fine. . .
Snookums and mBABYe like this.

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn
December 19th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Julka
First Name:
Julia

How old are you:
28 (29 in two weeks)

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old:
It's pretty much under control. lol. I have a routine with the kids so it hasn't been too difficult

Hot pink t-shirt and grey yoga pants

Hungarian Beef Goulash over egg noodles (made it yesterday, we're having leftovers)

Wonderful

Allright... Can't complain, really.
sareymac likes this.
December 19th, 2012, 07:42 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

First Name: Gwen

How old are you: 34

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: Life with TWO was definitely a harder adjustment than life with one. WOW! I had no idea how busy life could be! But I would say we have adjusted quite well. Couldn't imagine my life in other way!

What are you wearing right NOW: black dress pants and blue and black blouse

What are you making for dinner tonight: no clue.

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: THis one has taken more of a toll on us than before, but we are still doing great. Our jobs have gotten much busier too so that doesn't help things. DH is such an awesome dad though. We truly are a team!!

How have you been feeling in general: Pretty good. It was rough at the beginning, but now I feel like me again!
sareymac likes this.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

December 19th, 2012, 08:38 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
First Name: Miranda

How old are you: 21

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: I love being a mommy. Everything about it! It's a little worrysome thinking about having 2 babies to take care of thought. :-/ I know it will work though!

What are you wearing right NOW: Army boots. Army preggo pants. Army tan shirt and blue lab coat.

What are you making for dinner tonight: I don't even wanna think about that... I don't know if I have the energy. We don't have any meats so I'd have to go to the store.

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: Well it's hard to say considering we were together only a short time before conceiving Madison, and I've been pregnant pretty much our whole relationship. Not many arguments are about her. He's very helpful except sometimes he teases me (mean spirited) that I research too much and worry about stupid stuff. (which I'm sure y'all can agree with him sometimes!) But he is very supportive and I got very lucky to have him as a husband.

How have you been feeling in general: Like a rollercoaster! I feel very mean today. :-/ People are bothering me which isn't like normal for me. But I'm also starting to get at that insomniating point in pregnancy.

December 19th, 2012, 09:45 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

First Name: Jodi

How old are you: 28

I think I am adjusting well, she is such a healthy happy baby i couldnt be happier with her.

What are you wearing right NOW:workout pants, and a sweatshirt!

What are you making for dinner tonight:no idea yet... Eeek

It was rocky at first, but i think we are finally on the same page lol

Pretty good!

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
December 19th, 2012, 11:12 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
First Name: Kells

How old are you: 28+1= couldn't possibly be 29.. right? Just 28 again. LOL

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: Loving it!! It is just like I thought it would be. & the boys are finally able to REALLY play with each other and run around together. I love love love it!! Jason's been sleeping through the night now since September-ish (ironically the same week he started walking) so I can't even complain about lack of sleep. DS1 was still waking up once a night until he was about 13-14mo so I am LOVING this!!

What are you wearing right NOW: Black tank top & blue jean shorts. Just took off my hot pink flipflops to swing in the hammock

What are you making for dinner tonight: Boys requested spaghetti. EASY! Yessss.

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: We are an awesome team

How have you been feeling in general: Really good! Super excited for the holidays & all of our travelling. ..just sooo not looking forward to the impending piles of laundry to do afterwards. HAHA!

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 19th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First Name: Lisa

How old are you: 33

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: good! Like Gwen I found it really hard going from one to two (probably because neither has all of your focus ever). But things are great now!

What are you wearing right NOW: dark blue jeans and a purple Long sleeve casual top

What are you making for dinner tonight: ham, mashed potatoes, corn

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: really good, better than after our first. Maybe because he felt more comfortable with what to do with Nathan. He was so clueless with our dd lol (not that I knew what to do but at least I'd try!)

How have you been feeling in general: good. Excited for the holidays. Anxious about going back to work. Last time I returned after mat leave I had so much anxiety I was throwing up every morning for a month (I was terrified I was pregnant again LOL). Hopefully not so bad this time

December 20th, 2012, 05:13 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First Name: Casey

How old are you: 25 (until tomorrow )

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: fine, Joe is a pretty chill little guy

What are you wearing right NOW: Jeans and a T shirt

What are you making for dinner tonight: no idea yet... either tri-colored tortelini with pesto or just plain pasta with red sauce

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: actually its gotten better. He gets off his video games more and spends more time with us as a family then he did before

How have you been feeling in general: fine

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
December 20th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
First Name: Lauren

How old are you: 29

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: Adjusting/adjusted just fine...it was a totally natural transition

What are you wearing right NOW: Pajama pants and a t-shirt

What are you making for dinner tonight: nothing! DH's Christmas dinner for work is tonight and little man and i are invited!

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: we're doing good, nothing has changed too much

How have you been feeling in general: pretty good, no major issues

December 20th, 2012, 07:36 AM
jojow
First Name: Jo

How old are you: 24

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: I adjusted just fine

What are you wearing right NOW: Grey skirt and black maternity shirt

What are you making for dinner tonight: We're having grilled cheese

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: Not too great right now (nothing to do with the baby). We are currently separated.

How have you been feeling in general: Ok. Very tired thanks to being almost 32 weeks pregnant!

Last edited by jojow; December 20th, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
December 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Jo!!?!!!

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 20th, 2012, 10:45 AM
jojow
Things unfortunately (same old issues plus some I haven't talked about) got worse lately and I had to give him a wake-up call. This might be temporary, might not. (And also, just so you don't think I blocked you on FB or anything lol, I deactivated it for a while to get some space from him.)
December 20th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I'm sorry mama Stay strong. ♥ I hope things work out for the best!! Whatever outcome that may be. You know we all are here and just want the best for you and those adorable kiddos!

December 20th, 2012, 12:38 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear that Jo!!

First Name:
Rachel

How old are you:

Pretty good, finally feel like I am getting the hang of this 2 child thing, lol! Days are really really hard but worth it.

jeans and a grey sweater, hair pulled back halfway into clip.

It's Thursday, so that means DH works late. I will be making PB&J with leftover hamburger buns and some Annie's Mac N Cheese

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: Doing really good right now, but we have just come out of a very rough patch.

How have you been feeling in general: Most days I feel pretty good - I am way under my pre-pregnancy weight and actually at my ideal weight for the first time in many many years (and I didn't diet or exercise heavily to get there so I am happy about that!) I still feel tired most days but lately having a better routine is making everything better. My toddler I discovered cannot handle a day without structure so this is a new thing for me that I have to stick to for the sake of her.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

December 20th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
First Name: Julia

How old are you: 29 (seems to be a common age in here....lol)

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: I think it's getting better now that they can interact and play with each other but at the same time breaking up battles and teaching them to share..... yeah fun!

What are you wearing right NOW: Jeans, pink t shirt and an oversized sweatshirt. Oh and my slippers!

What are you making for dinner tonight: It was gonna be lassanga but with the tummy troubles last night might be something simpler.

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: Feels like it's in a functional stage with the lack of sleep (Myah is still up 1-3 times a night) and him being on graveyard. We don't see a lot of each other right now but I still feel like we are close.

How have you been feeling in general: TIRED!!!! I don't think these winter months help much either!!!! But excited for Christmas and having the evening with my little family of 4.

December 20th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First Name: Bay

How old are you: 25

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: I love it! The infant stage can be tricky but we are on to toddlerhood and I love seeing my 2 boys interacting. I look at them with such awe that they are really mine.

What are you wearing right NOW: pink polka dot flannel jammies and a grey tanktop.

What are you making for dinner tonight: I was tired so frozen pizza and salad. Every salad dressing in the fridge was expired. FAIL.

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: Ups and downs. I am happy with him in general and he is a great father but having 2 kiddoes can be stressful so I need to be a little less snappy-ish with him. But he loves me so he doesn't hold it against me too much

How have you been feeling in general: Overwhelmed with holiday craziness and general 1st birthday stuff. I need to do some better planning for next year, my first was a summer baby so having a winter baby and born so close to Christmas was a challenge this year. I'll know better for next year lol.
mBABYe likes this.
December 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
First Name:
Ali

How old are you:
Just turned 36

It's good. Busy, but like Julia I have a routine with my kids and that really helps me.

Dark grey yoga pants, a white t-shirt and a zip up jacket

Helped my mama make Christmas dinner.

Wonderful!

A bit tired but content!
December 28th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First Name:

Jo, I am so sorry that you are going through a rough time. Hopefully the wakeup call is just what he needs.

How old are you: 32....creeping up to 33 in a few weeks.

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: It took a while to adjust to 2 and for a long while I wondered what the heck I was thinking having a second. Now that I am settled into it all I love it. Two is the perfect number for me and Dh.

What are you wearing right NOW: Navy scrubs

What are you making for dinner tonight: I am not, I am working until past dinner time. Dh is making porkchops.

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: Better than when I was pregnant, but still trying to find our new normal. We have been having a hard time making time for one another.

How have you been feeling in general: Pretty good. I am glad that the Christmas chaos is over, but I am not looking forward to taking down all of the decorations!

January 7th, 2013, 10:36 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
First Name: Jacklyn (Jacky)

How old are you: 25

How are you adjusting to mommy life (or life with another kid) now that they are a year or almost a year old: Wonderful, she is my sunshine. Most of the time she is playful and happy.

What are you wearing right NOW: A maroon dress shirt and black dress pants.

What are you making for dinner tonight: Tator tot cassarole.

How is your relationship with DH/SO since baby: We have our ups and downs but by far much closer and stronger since she was born.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search