Quitting

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jmills1129

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 09:39 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So the hubby and I agreed that it is time for me to quit my job. I have been having problems wih the little girl throwing fits, and I no longer feel IAm the right person to watch these other children. Its sad, but at the same time I feel relieved knowing that when february starts, so does a new chapter for me. I will be a SAHM for a while, and then try to pick up watching one or two children from my home.

The people I nanny for are getting a great deal right now, I go to their house, and watch their 3 children for less then you can do daycare for 2 children. Plus one is only 10 month old, so like i said great deal for them. But with the constant battle of the middle child, its just not worth it for me. Especially since it puts madison and me in the car for 4 hours a day when working, which is no fun.

Anyhow, now i just have to figure out how to tell my boss. We were planning on a long term agreement until the kids start school, but it just isnt working for me anymore, and i dont think it is healthy for anyone involved that the little girl throws fits like that, and gets that worked up, which gets me frustrated.. Its just not a good situation anymore.

Welp thats all from me, hope everyone is having a great day! And if anyone has advice on how to word this, so i dont put it on the little girl, because really its not her fault, its just one of the many reasons why i do not think i am fit for this job, she needs a clean slate, with someone new...

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
December 19th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How old is the little girl? I'm asking selfishly b/c my dd throws fits sometimes and I hope it's the age lol
You don't need to mention anything about the girl. You can just tell them that it's just not working out for you and your family anymore. You don't have to give too many details on why. And really 4 hrs in the car is probably a lot harder with Madison nearly 1 than it was when she was younger and slept more.
Good luck! I think you and your hubby have a good plan taking in kids in your house would be wonderful! And easier not to have to travel!

December 19th, 2012, 03:27 PM
She is 3, and i thought it was a phase for her as well, but its been ever since she started preschool. Last year she didnt go to school, so she got 2 hours with me, where koen was at school and the babies are napping, but now she doesnt get any one on one time, i try to give them all attention, but with two babies under 1 its hard. And i think thats where the fits come in, jealousy over the babies, because we have a bond from when she was a baby, and then all of a sudden she has a new brother, and i have a baby too, so she isnt getting what she needs from me. She is the middle child in her family. So i just dont think it is healthy enviroment, for her to get that worked up, and for me to get frustrated because i dont know how to get through to her. I think she needs a fresh start with someone she doesnt have a history with. Which sucks, but i also dont want madison learning those behaviors, she will soon enough, dont need them at 1 lol

And madison has always hated the car, so its never been a fun one lol!

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
December 19th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First of all, yay and congrats to the new chapter in life. Super jealous right now, LOL!
Second of all, no real advice, just inform her it is what works best for you right now..Good luck!
December 20th, 2012, 05:07 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe just tell her that you guys are not able to continue with the commute any more. 4 hours a day in the car can't be cheap...(that is if you dont want to confront mom with the tantrum issues)

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
December 20th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ohh that totally makes sense. My dd is 3 too but her tantrums tend to be when she's tired and not getting what she wants. It does sound like jealousy but there isn't much you can do, babies are a lot of work!

December 27th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I did it! I just told her that i was too stressed out, and thatbi didnt think it was fair to the kids that i was grumpy all the time from stress. She took it well, now i just have one month left!
Snookums and D@mnedYankee like this.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search