Non sleepers??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Julka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2012, 12:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Ok so the non walking thread got me thinking that I can't be the only one that still has a baby still waking up 1-3 times at night??? And those with the awesome sleepers how/what did you do to break the habits of waking up?

I'm thinking somehow I have given in to times she could have cried because I am alone 4 nights a week and they share a room.

December 21st, 2012, 10:12 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly think I just go lucky with Nathan, I didn't do anything special.
But my 3yo is up 1-3x a night she USED to be a great sleeper

December 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM
Julka
Haven't done anything here... he's been sleeping 12+ hours/night uninterrupted for a few months now. What helps Sebastian is having a stuffed animal in there that he *sigh* chews on for comfort, but it's his way of soothing himself back to sleep.

Do you know why she wakes up? Is she hungry?
December 21st, 2012, 12:53 PM
Loves Kate!
Katelyn used to sleep really well. Now she gets up once in the night, sometimes it is more towards morning though. It really started when she was able to stand up. She wakes up and then stands up and cries. I can pick her up and she goes right back to sleep usually. I am trying right now to train her to go back to sleep on her own. Not sure how well its working.

Born 11/19/11
December 21st, 2012, 12:56 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Haven't done anything here... he's been sleeping 12+ hours/night uninterrupted for a few months now. What helps Sebastian is having a stuffed animal in there that he *sigh* chews on for comfort, but it's his way of soothing himself back to sleep.

Do you know why she wakes up? Is she hungry?
lol Nathan chews receiving blankets. They are disgustingly soaked in the morning.
I wonder if it's a boy thing? My brother used to chew blankets and his gf's 2.5 yo son did (and still does)

December 21st, 2012, 01:56 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Gary started not sleeping around 11 months. . .he now is hard as ever to put down some nights & always wakes up at least once.

December 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookums View Post
lol Nathan chews receiving blankets. They are disgustingly soaked in the morning.
I wonder if it's a boy thing? My brother used to chew blankets and his gf's 2.5 yo son did (and still does)
Same here, the stuffies are soaked in the morning too and he is also picky, he has 2 monkeys and 4 pandas he approves of to sleep with because they have little ears to chew on!
Snookums likes this.
December 21st, 2012, 02:43 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Gio still wakes up a few times at night, some nights are better than others.

December 21st, 2012, 06:41 PM
caitlinmcc's Avatar 1st time mommy
!!
She sometimes start waking up at 12 and then every couple of hours or sometimes at 4am. Last night though!!! She slept till 7am!!! I was so excited but I know it won't happen again

check out my blog fourthstpayphone.blogspot.com and
pintsizestyle.com/
December 21st, 2012, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Sometimes she wants a bottle and sometimes not. I think she has just gotten used to it since the wake ups are at the same exact time every night. midnight, 3am, 6am and up for the day at 9. Every single night. Sometimes she is up at midnight until 3-4am. Newborn stage was easier than this.

December 22nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not trying to brag here but.... All of you ladies know that Lina basically never slept the first 7 months of her life. It was horrific!
Since her ear surgery Lina may only wake up a couple of nights out of the week. And usually only once, sometimes she wants a bottle and sometimes I can hold her for a few mins and she will go right back to sleep. I am seriously thankful for this because of the new baby coming in march.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

December 24th, 2012, 06:21 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
I almost feel bad for replying. I remember those consistant wake ups from DS1. He didn't sleep through the night till he was about 14 months old. However this little man is a fantastic sleeper! He goes down about 7:30-8p and wakes up at 7-7:15a. Always. When he learned how to walk he also learned how to sleep. HAHA. ..or at least I can tell you it happened the same time. I don't really know if they are related..? I'd like to think so.

For us it's all about the schedule. Good luck girls!!

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

December 24th, 2012, 06:34 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mBABYe View Post
I almost feel bad for replying. I remember those consistant wake ups from DS1. He didn't sleep through the night till he was about 14 months old. However this little man is a fantastic sleeper! He goes down about 7:30-8p and wakes up at 7-7:15a. Always. When he learned how to walk he also learned how to sleep. HAHA. ..or at least I can tell you it happened the same time. I don't really know if they are related..? I'd like to think so.

For us it's all about the schedule. Good luck girls!!
Schedule schmedule. lol Gary has been on a schedule since like 2 months old lol and at around 11 months (when he started getting all those **** teeth) he stopped sleeping well. BUT as of late, he has been sleeping through the night or only waking once.

December 24th, 2012, 07:14 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Spoke to soon, Lina was up 4. Times last night, maybe teething ...sigh

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

December 24th, 2012, 08:24 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the nonsleeper camp. Dahlia wakes up on average 3 times a night still. It really sucks. we keep thinking about night weaning, but then give in because it is easy. I'm still breastfeeding and have no immediate plans to introduce milk, so I know that is a huge factor. i think maybe after the new yr after things have calmed down we might start really trying to night wean.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

December 26th, 2012, 05:18 PM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGH this is a sore subject. Mason gets up several, several times a night! We don't always have to go in there to him, but it still wakes us up. I can probably count on one hand how many times he has slept all the way through the night. It's sooo sooo frustrating. He's not hungry. I think he is just having a difficult time soothing himself back to sleep. My DD was and is an awesome sleeper so this sucks!! However, DD refuses to eat and Mason eats like a champ!!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

December 26th, 2012, 09:59 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
My little guy eats more than my big guy most days now too. HAHA! You win some, you lose some.

*HUGS MAMA!* Hang on just a little more. The very wise man I married recently reminded me as we were blocking our son for the 918273x from running full charge at the pool in a heap of giggles... "We are ALMOST through the baby phase!"

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search