Hair Cut

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 05:49 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Love My Boys ♥
So who has had their first haircut? If your LO has had a haircut, how'd they do? If not, how long do you plan to wait to cut their hair?

January 2nd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Julka
Sebastian has had 3-4 haircuts already (done by me). I like little boys to have that clean-cut look so long hair on boys is not my thing. I put him in the bathroom sink on a little towel, give him a bunch of bath toys, and use hair-salon scissors to do it. It's getting more difficult now because he keeps moving his head, but generally if he's preoccupied it's doable. I don't plan on doing it myself forever, just while he's still so little. The post-cleanup is awful, lol. He has a LOT of hair and it ends up all over the counter, etc. But ohhh well.
January 2nd, 2013, 06:04 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
lol. . .i want to trim Garys soooo bad its so long it doesnt look that long bc its so curly, but wet, it looks ridiculous. I took a few pics yesterday and he totally looked like a girl lol.
Anyway my hubby does not want me to even trim it yet. . . and i dont want to but then again, i do lol.

Also, I LOVE Gary's curly head I dont wanna cut the curls off yet, i love his wild do!

January 2nd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Gio got his 1st haircut about a week ago. He was not happy, and did not sit! The lady even slipped up a little in the back because he moved He doesn't have a whole lot of hair but it was getting long, and i'm like Julia, i do not prefer long hair on boys.

We got his hair cut at Walt Disney World, he even got a few souvenirs The lady only cut the sides and back for some reason and left the front. So the next morning i sat him on the counter in the bathroom, took daddy's buzzer and cut the front. He sat really well for me, i was kinda shocked because he's such a wiggle worm. It was really cute though, after i put the buzzer back, he turned around, grabbed it and put it behind his head and moved it around!! I love this stage where they imitate everything!
Snookums, sareymac and mBABYe like this.

January 2nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Loves Kate!
We are no where near needing to cut Katelyn's hair. I have a feeling she will be like 3 before it needs to be cut!

Born 11/19/11
January 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Not gonna cut my little one's hair for a while. Takes so long to get it in and I like long hair on little girls. I trim off split ends when it gets long.

January 2nd, 2013, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Duncan got his first hair but about a month before his first birthday. He sat really well until the very end. I wanted to wait until he was a year, but the poor kid had hair in his eyes all the time! He needs to get it done again soon. He is looking a little dutch boyish.

January 4th, 2013, 07:11 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lina's hair is just now starting to grow, though only in the back. I say she has a bullet. You know a mix between a mullet and baby... so bullet haha.

We won't be getting her hair cut for a long time. SO says long hair on girls and I pretty much agree if it it's kept trimmed and neat looking.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

January 5th, 2013, 06:46 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
J's had quite a few haircuts now. I use the buzzer myself at home. I can do a mean fade. LOL. 6 top, 3 bottom, fade between. He does great! & I love short hair on boys!

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

January 7th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nate really needs one, his hair is getting a little shaggy and I prefer a clean cut look.

January 8th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Man you all must thing Gary's hair is horrible. . .I like short hair on my hubby (although he likes his fro), but my baby boys curls are just NOT coming off yet! At least it's growing out and up not down and long haha

January 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Julka
Sarah, Gary's hair is NOT horrible. Stop talking nonsense! My kid's hair is straw-straight, and he was looking like a GIRL before his first haircut LOL. But Gary does not look like a girl, PLUS curls must be way harder to part with than straight hair (even if it's temporary!).
sareymac likes this.
January 8th, 2013, 10:36 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Caylyn hasn't had her first haircut and probabl won't for awhile. It is starting to grow rather fast. She has strait hair and then at the bottom there are little ringlet curls, don't think I can convince myself to get her hair cut yet!

January 8th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Sarah, Gary's hair is NOT horrible. Stop talking nonsense! My kid's hair is straw-straight, and he was looking like a GIRL before his first haircut LOL. But Gary does not look like a girl, PLUS curls must be way harder to part with than straight hair (even if it's temporary!).
lol well I dont think it is, but everyone else on here prefers their kids hair clean cut and i was just thinking like, oh boy, I wonder what they think of my crazy haired kid. . lol

January 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
lol well I dont think it is, but everyone else on here prefers their kids hair clean cut and i was just thinking like, oh boy, I wonder what they think of my crazy haired kid. . lol
I prefer it on *my* kid, lol. I guess it came off weird!! Not speaking for anyone else!!

Gary is CUTE
January 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
LOL Sarah Gio's hair was becoming unruly, like it was starting to not look right and there was a long part that was getting close to his eyes in the front. My nephews had curls like Gary and my sister delayed cutting their hair as well. They can lose the curl once its cut so i totally understand!

January 8th, 2013, 04:17 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Gary's curls! And I like the long hair on some boys as well, but some definitely look better clean cut. We have yet to cut Madison's hair, but she's a girl so its no big deal, I just have to put it up every day because its in her eyes otherwise.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
January 9th, 2013, 04:55 AM
LOL thanks for making me feel a tad better hahaha. . . .I know what you mean about clean cut, some kids just look better that way! I dont think Gary will lose the curl (fingers crossed) because me and my hubby have curly hair, my hubby has VERY curly hair and he has the same hair he did at this age, so we hope it stays!

January 9th, 2013, 05:45 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lucky! I wish madison had curls, her little ones she did have are going away now that her hair is longer. Her day has wavy hair, and i have stick straight hair, so no chance for the beautiful vurls here lol

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
January 9th, 2013, 07:10 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Asher is no where near needing a haircut, I have no clue how long it will be before he needs one.

As for long hair on boys, Have you seen David ? LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search