Bedtime routine

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Julka
What does your baby's bedtime routine look like in the evenings?
January 4th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Gio gets a bath, then his hair gets brushed, then his teeth (which he LOVES) then we have some quiet time and read a book. After the book he gets boob and falls asleep then gets put in his crib

January 4th, 2013, 08:43 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Pea wakes up from her nap at about 630. Then we play toys while I cook dinner. Then we all eat and depending on how messy she gets from eating she gets a bath. If she isn't messy she is bathed every other day. Then at about 9 I make her a bottle and I rock her while she drinks it. She doesn't let me snuggle when she's done she immediately turns away and wants to be laid in her crib. She automatically opens her mouth for her bink before I even have it it's cute. And I give her her favorite blanket and she hugs it, rolls over and goes to sleep

January 4th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
7:30/45 we start cleaning up all the toys out with big sister. We then either read a book or snuggle etc. Sometimes she gets a bottle but depends on the night. Then cuddle blanket, paci. Down by 8pm.

If sister is having a hard time going to bed she gets to hang out with us later but usually she is out first.

January 5th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Julka
We only do a bath 3-4 times a week. It's freezing out so he doesn't get out much; he does, however, has a tendency to puke all over himself and everything around him lol.

Basically, I change him into pj's while DH makes his bottle. Then DH feeds him on the sofa. When he's done, they turn off all the lights and walk thru the dark house a few times. Then he puts him down, gives him his stuffed monkey or panda and turns on his musical mobile. That's it!
January 5th, 2013, 06:41 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We bathe every other night as well, Gary inherited my dry skin so it only gets worse with washing. Usually dinner is 6- 6:30 then playing a bit, bath (of its a bath night) at 7:30ish and now that he likes them again it usually takes about 30 mins lol then between 8 and 8:30 we brush teeth and rock with the bottle he's usually in bed asleep by 8:30.

January 5th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Lol am i the only one who bathes the baby every day? It's part of my routine so that's why i do it, he doesn't necessarily need it. It's a good point about the dry skin though, Gio doesn't have an issue with it but i always put lotion on him after the bath anyway. I don't do his hair every day though.

January 5th, 2013, 12:28 PM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lauren, you live in a warm area so I think that's different. We do baths every night in the summer but in the winter it's every other night.

Our evenings are dinner, play and either bath or change in pj's and bedtime...that's it! Nothing special but it works and he goes right to sleep. No bottles here.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

January 5th, 2013, 12:37 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dinner, shower with mommy, playtime downstairs, then about 730 its time to lay in bed with mommy and nurse, and she is out by 8. Then hubby and i watch a show and mommy is out lol

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
January 5th, 2013, 01:46 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Lauren we usually do baths everyday as well. ..but it's because we spend a lot of our day playing outside & getting dirty. LOL

Dinner is usully about 6:30-7p, bath immediately afterward, then diaper, pjs, bottle, plug, PASS OUT by 8-ish. & then he won't wake up until about 7:15a.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

January 5th, 2013, 08:25 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Pea has really dry skin too. I have to use that aveeno baby cream, not lotion since lotion has stuff that can dry out the skin. Alcohol I think? btw she likes her baths again!!

January 6th, 2013, 06:25 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
YAY!!! Glad she's liking her baths again

Phases. hahahaa. Who's ready for those teenagers?!?! NOT ME!

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search