New to this board. 12 month shot reactions?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 05:58 PM
321abc
Been on just mommies for well over a year.
Never joined a playroom. My son got his 12 month shots on the 27th
Today he has a rash and has ran mild fever. I'm thinking reaction to MMR vaccine.
I'm comfortable with choosing to vaccinate my child so please don't give me reasons why I shouldn't. Just wondering if any of your little ones had a reaction and if this is really what we are dealing with. He's acting normal other wise
January 6th, 2013, 06:07 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
My Son, Asher ran a fever for almost two weeks after his shots. He didn't get a rash, but My oldest did. It sounds normal to me.

Feel free to jump in !

January 6th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Julka
Yes, I would say it's a reaction to the vaccines. Our pediatrician said that a fever and a rash are likely within 5-10 days after the vaccines. Sebastian never got a reaction, but I am pretty sure one of my older girls did.
January 6th, 2013, 06:09 PM
321abc
Any need to take him in to the doctor?
I will call his pediatrician in the morning. He's also had pretty bad diarreah.

Thanks for the responces!
January 9th, 2013, 03:34 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
That all sounds totally normal. My son didn't get the fever but he got a tiny rash (about 2"x 2" on his back) and had diarrhea for about 24 hours. The diarrhea I think they said would happen from the chicken pox vaccine. Or maybe that was the rash & the diarrhea was from the MMR? I don't know. We got them at the same time. It all went away within about 48 hours and never seemed to bother him in the slightest. I would try not to worry.

& yes, jump right in! You should tell us a little about yourself. & check out the January check-in thread so you can "meet" some of our girls

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

January 10th, 2013, 06:01 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Like they said, that sounds completely normal. My son never had any reactions so far.
Welcome! Please jump in and have some fun, we're dying off a bit but I am trying to bring us back!!

January 10th, 2013, 07:16 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I choose not to vaccinate, so I can't offer any advice but was wondering how the LO is doing, and is the rash cleared and the fever subsided. Kup!

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
January 10th, 2013, 10:12 AM
321abc
He's fine now. Ended up not being a reaction. Just from something irritating his skin just not sure what it was, fever was from teething
January 10th, 2013, 11:04 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear he is better

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search