Daycare issues

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By joonzgurl
  • 2 Post By w292737
  • 1 Post By AniLand
  • 1 Post By sweetgirl51305

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 07:00 AM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, Lilli goes to daycare Mondays and Fridays. The main reasons is for socialization and for us to get homework done, so it's not a have to kind of thing. I'm so about to pull her out, and I'm not sure if I'm overreacting. For one, Lilli does NOT like her teacher. She will climb on me and hold me with a death grip and SCREAMS! But, if I drop her off with the other teacher earlier she's just fine, no crying! Almost everytime after I pick her up she has a diaper rash. One day it was so bad she wouldn't even sit down in the bathtub. Also, she got a UTI after that, so no telling how long they left poop on her 'cuz it was DRIED to her butt when I got her! One day when we went and picked her up, the teacher said I think she's not feeling good and she didn't eat her lunch. Well, I got her home and she had a fever. Then a few days later it turns into RSV. I called and talked to the assistant director and she talked to the teacher. Apparently, they took her temperature that morning and she was fine. Okay, what about the rest of the day?! Then, what irritated me the most, on Friday, dh and I went to pick her up. Her teacher grabbed her stuff and handed it to me and said have a nice weekend! That's ALL! I haven't gotten a daily report in God knows how long, and now you don't even talk to me?! And to top it all off I changed her when she got home 'cuz she was really wet, and there's a diaper rash. I was so angry I told dh we are looking for somewhere else! I talked to the director this morning, maybe this will do something. She told me to talk to her in a week and see if there are changes. If there isn't we are pulling her. I mean, it's not like she has to be there, we are paying extra money, that we don't have!, for her to have fun. If she's not, I don't want her to be there! Dh probably thinks I'm crazy, but I think he agrees 'cuz he was looking at other daycares too. I just don't like her teacher! Ugh, I just needed to vent 'cuz I just got off the phone with the director about it all and it just fires me up.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
January 7th, 2013, 07:15 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I think in anything when it comes to childcare, follow your instincts and your childs lead. She is trying to tell you something about that teacher- maybe that teacher is mean to her or ignores her, etc. Children will tell us lots of things if we are willing to listen.

Follow your gut. By the sounds of it I would be pulling her.
tobi4 and AniLand like this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 7th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow... yeah, I'd say Lilli is telling you something for sure. Poor thing. Sounds like her teacher forgot why she wants to be a teacher. Shame on her. I think you're right to look into another daycare. Even if things change because you spoke tot he director... I know I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing my child was doing better with the same teacher who was ignoring her the previous week and only started doing things properly because they were likely reprimanded. That just breeds resentment in my opinion.
January 7th, 2013, 08:05 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Daycare provides side of me says: It's normal for kids to go through stages of not wanting to go to daycare and doing the deathgrip thing for mommy or daddy. None of the rest of it is OK! Although I have had a couple of times when I've had to make pick up quick with parents, those days I make sure there's a note in their bag outlining the day because I knew I wouldn't get a chance to talk to them.

Parent side of me says: Get her out, while its normal to not want mommy to leave it's not normal for her to be OK with one lady and not another is not, usually it's an all or nothing kind of thing. She's definately trying to tell you something about that one woman. The diaper situation alone would do it for me, that's a health issue. You alone are your child's advocate, make sure she's happy because she's telling you the only way she knows how that she's not happy there.

You should have some sort of government ministry who oversees daycares. You can and should report them for the health issues that go along with inproper diaper changes alone.

January 7th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Happy Mommy
I'd find a new center that has set rules and such they follow. diaper changes every x hours unless they need it before, cheets filled out every day with details of what they did, what they ate, when diapers were changed and all that.
January 7th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. If I was in your situation, and I had the luxury (for lack of a better word, not meant to sound derrogatory at all) of pulling her out and looking for another place, I would do it.
marieks85 likes this.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
January 7th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to all of the above. I'd be pulling her. Sorry you and Lilli are dealing with that crap!

January 7th, 2013, 10:06 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't take her back. She's young enough to where one incident is justification to move her.

January 7th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Yeah, I think I'd pull her out too! Good luck!
January 7th, 2013, 12:19 PM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
I would move her. If your even questioning it then its not the place for her. Good luck!!
January 7th, 2013, 01:54 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely pull her out and either keep her home if feasible or find a new daycare center.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 7th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would find another place and pull her. The diaper change issue is really bad

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
January 11th, 2013, 06:49 AM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks guys. Well, I went and picked her up that day after I spoke with the director. Teacher handed me her daily sheet and said she had a good day. She told me she did not have diaper rash cream, although I brought some before. Apparently they can't find it. I told her if that was the case, I should have been notified a long time ago so the rash can be treated before it becomes a bigger problem. It just really ticked me off. I will be looking around.
marieks85 likes this.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
January 11th, 2013, 09:12 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, yeaaa, I would definitely be pulling her & finding a better place! That's just not okay.
January 11th, 2013, 12:15 PM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
I'd find a new center that has set rules and such they follow. diaper changes every x hours unless they need it before, cheets filled out every day with details of what they did, what they ate, when diapers were changed and all that.
this. The center Adele attends has standards about diapering. We are also given a daily written report on diapering, napping, playing and nutrition. Sometimes I am wary of how accurate the report is such as how long she napped and how much of her breakfast/lunch she ate but, generally speaking, we feel she is well cared for AND on two occasions we've run into her teacher at the mall and she gets excited and kicks her feet in the stroller so we know she likes her teacher.

I would find another Center. Hygiene is of the upmost importance in my opinion.

Oh and there is nothing wrong with sending your child so you have time for whatever. I do think there is benefits to childcare centers. We have Adele in a center because we have to and she is there 9 hours a day, 5 days a week but honestly, if and when I am able to take a vacation day (just got back to work after maternity leave), I would not feel guilty sending her that day. Sometimes you need time to get stuff done.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

January 13th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I;d definitely take her out, and find a better one. My kids run to the daycare people when I drop them off. Sometimes they will fuss, but not often. The daycare keeps me informed of EVERYTHING. Time they slept, when they pooped, etc. They change them all very often as well. When I pick them up they are never wet.

When my oldest was little she started daycare at age 3, so she had a bit of an adjustment, but she was still okay. Before I brought her to the centre though she went to private. The girl we went to had a family emergency, and left for China, so we had to go to someone else through the company. I brought my daughter there once. The second day, I go to drop her off, and as soon as I got out of the car with her, and she saw the house, she freaked out! I was abused by a babysitter and would do the same. I brought her to the door, and when the lady opened it, my daughter lost it...so I turned around, left, and reported her as I suspected she wasn't very good.

When it comes to people watching my kids, in fears of someone shaking them, I follow their cues and my instincts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search