Let's talk potties!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a potty chair yet?

What kind?

If not, what kind of potty chair are you thinking about buying in the future?

What's the most important feature in a potty chair for you?

Anyone working on training yet?

Anyone know yet when they'd like to start introducing the potty, or ill you just go on LO's cues?

BTDT's - How did pottying go with your other kid(s)?
January 9th, 2013, 07:39 AM
First Time Mommy
Do you have a potty chair yet? yes

What kind? Um...it's a pink princess 3-in-1 chair that my mom got her for Xmas

What's the most important feature in a potty chair for you? Uh...lol I don't know. I just like that it plays music when you potty in it. That's a neat idea.

Anyone working on training yet? No. All we're doing is since she follows me to the bathroom, she sits on her potty (with a book) while I sit on my potty.

Anyone know yet when they'd like to start introducing the potty, or ill you just go on LO's cues? Just go with LO's cues, but I don't expect it to happen for a few more months. She is getting good about letting us know when she poops, both before and after it happens.

BTDT's - How did pottying go with your other kid(s)?

Keeping Up With The Petrosians
January 9th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Have a potty chair, it's a frog. The only think it has to have is a pee pee guard till Keelan is old enough to push his wink down.

We are not training, but I do let him sit on it before a bath.

Waiting for him to let us know when he's ready.
January 9th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a potty chair yet? We do, left over from Kairi, but it's a 3 in 1 and it's missing the little bucket thingy. So the stool still works, and the snap on toilet attachment is in the downstairs bathroom.

What kind? Winne The Pooh 3 in 1.... minus 1.

If not, what kind of potty chair are you thinking about buying in the future? We're getting a new one for Alexis. Because she is showing signs of being interested, and she's too little to get onto the toilet part.

What's the most important feature in a potty chair for you? That it's sturdy, easy to clean.

Anyone working on training yet? Not working, but thinking to buy one and introduce her to it.

Anyone know yet when they'd like to start introducing the potty, or ill you just go on LO's cues? Totally playing off her cues.

BTDT's - How did pottying go with your other kid(s)? Kairi didn't train until 3.6 years. It was an awful experience. When she did go, she went straight into being fully trained, even overnight. She knew full well what she was doing, so why she continued diapers as long as she did I don't know. I know some kids just do that. This time around I won't set up for all that grief, and I won't listen to those people who try to shame parents for their older child not trained. I'm thinking to get Alexis a potty chair, not because I think I can do better this time around, but because she is showing signs of being interested, if she's not, then fine. Her call.
January 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We bought a boy seat to put on our toilet, we used the same style for the girls but without the cup. We had to get one with a cup this time around.

He's totally fasinated with the toilet and bathroom right now, so if he's dry after his nap we sit him on it, or when he runs to it and begs we'll sit him on it but that's it right now. He just wants to copy his sisters, he's quite the mimic.

We'll start when he shows signs of being ready, being through this twice before I found its much easier to follow the kid's cues than it is to push them into it.

I was ready for DD1 to train and I tried to push her into training, it took months. DD2 I let her tell me when she was ready and she was trained in a week. But I'm not against fostering his interest even though I know he's not ready to train, if he wants to sit there, by all means he can sit on it, but I won't force him.

January 9th, 2013, 10:29 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have Layla's old frog potty. He has sat on it before baths maybe 5 times. He's also been on the big potty once because he demanded to try it out after Layla used it. He wants to do EVERYTHING she does.

I'll start regularly taking him to the potty around 2. If we make no progress, we'll pick it back up 4-6 months later. He has to be fully trained August of 2014 (3 years 3 months) since the preschool he will attend requires it.

I hate potty training. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. With Layla we tried at 2, then again at 2 1/2. She got it at 2 1/2 after 2-3 weeks. I think what made it so frustrating was having a 2 month old, then 8 month old while trying to get the job done. It was just too stressful.

January 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a potty chair yet? I have Kaitlyn's old one.

What kind? It's a Whinny The Pooh one

If not, what kind of potty chair are you thinking about buying in the future? I don't think I'll bother buying a new one.

What's the most important feature in a potty chair for you? Not sure, I guess a comfortable one for the LO and easy to empty.

Anyone working on training yet? Not us

Anyone know yet when they'd like to start introducing the potty, or ill you just go on LO's cues? I'm not sure. I might try when he's two depending on how interested he is. He says pee and poop and will say EWW when he's poopy. So I know he doesn't like it, but I doubt we would be successful at the moment.

BTDT's - How did pottying go with your other kid(s)? Great, I waited till she was about 27 months and it went pretty fast. It took a few weeks to be 100% trained but it was pretty easy overall.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 9th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Veteran
So glad you asked this. I was going to post these questions. Josie is interested in the toilet and loves to flush it. So I think it's time to get a potty!
January 9th, 2013, 05:10 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We don't have one. Probably wont. I think they are hard to clean and I hated dumping pee ect. We won't even think about potty learning until way after the baby gets here.

January 10th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Kim
We have Jenna's frog potty and a seat for the big toilet. i think we might have to find one with the little guard thing on it- Evan's little Evan tends to hide when exposed to fresh air, lol.

We're nowhere near starting; he's very interested in looking in the toilet and trying to play with the toilet water, but he doesn't want to sit on it yet. We'll probably start casually introducing the potty in 6 months if he hasn't shown any interest in it and go from there.

For Jenna, at the time it felt like the 5ish weeks from hell from the time we started until she was trained, but looking back it wasn't so bad. It had to be on her terms, and once we figured out what those were, it was not so bad.

January 10th, 2013, 07:21 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I plan on buying a seat pretty soon, maybe let her pick it out.
Around 18 months, I will attempt to see how it goes & if it's bombing, I will try again at 2.
January 11th, 2013, 06:41 AM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a potty chair yet? Yes, 2. One upstairs, and one down.

What kind? One is a little kids potty. It sings when she pees lol. The other is a seat that goes on the regular potty.

What's the most important feature in a potty chair for you? Price?

Anyone working on training yet? Not yet.

Anyone know yet when they'd like to start introducing the potty, or ill you just go on LO's cues? When she starts wanting to go I guess.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
January 11th, 2013, 12:26 PM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
All we're doing is since she follows me to the bathroom, she sits on her potty (with a book) while I sit on my potty.
OMG how cute!

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

January 11th, 2013, 08:17 PM
GoldenTickets's Avatar Super Mommy
We're still working on walking and standing up from a seated position, so I'll maybe buy a potty after we've mastered that!

E: 8/18/11
January 13th, 2013, 04:25 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
We bought a three in one. I don't think she is anywhere close to being ready yet, but we will start trying at 18 months and see what happens. I'd really like her to be trained by the summer, But Kaylee will let us know when it's time, I'm sure
January 13th, 2013, 09:47 PM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a froggy potty that we used with DD, and one to go on the big toilet. He's already sat on the potty many times, but that's the extent of it. We tried a few times with my daughter before age 2, and then I tried again when she was 26 months, and she literally was potty trained in a day. If they don't seem ready, then just wait a few months and try again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search