Interested in the potty? Yes or No?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By growingbetter

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 06:56 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
How interested is your little one in the potty? Is s/he checking it out, wanting to flush it or sit on it? Anyone actually gone pee/poo on the potty?

Shawn is interested in the potty. He likes to climb up on it and sit on it (usually with his diaper on LOL) but he's not really interested in using the potty yet. He will say pee potty or poo potty so he's getting there but he's not quite ready to potty train. I did put him on there after a nap one time and he peed a tiny little bit for me on the potty but that was the only time. I'm not really pushing it but I let him check it out when he wants to.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Months ago Zane was asking to use the toilet often. But he only actually peed on it once. But in the last couple months he's only asked once. He nearly always tells me when he has peed or pooped, but not until after the fact. So I don't think he will be using the toilet regularly any time soon.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

January 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sharon* View Post
Months ago Zane was asking to use the toilet often. But he only actually peed on it once. But in the last couple months he's only asked once. He nearly always tells me when he has peed or pooped, but not until after the fact. So I don't think he will be using the toilet regularly any time soon.
That's Shawn. He tells me after he goes so he knows what it is but hasn't quite figured out that mom could be done with diapers if he would just go on the potty. LMBO

January 16th, 2013, 08:28 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
Ryan's the same way. He's really interested in the potty (especially, when you are the one using it, ugh!) and he likes to flush the potty, but to sit & pee/poop on it himself, no. He's really good at telling us when he has gone pee or poo in his diaper, but its always after he's gone or while he's going...never before.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

January 19th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Kia is doing well with the potty. She goes on it multiple times a day. Sometimes she initiates it and sometimes I do. We still use diapers a lot, always while out and probably half the time when at home. If she has just peed in the potty she gets undies and if I'm feeling brave she sometimes gets to have them for hours. It just requires me to be aware of taking her to the potty at certain intervals if she doesnt ask for it herself. Interestingly she seems to do better in the evenings than earlier in the day. Somehow I think it should be the other way around as often she's tired and grumpy later.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
January 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
DD is very interested in all things toilet.

She always comes with me when I go. I got her a little potty, she uses it more as a seat than anything else right now. She hasn't gone pee in it yet, so we'll see how that goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 27th, 2013, 10:55 PM
C tells us all the time "Pee Pee.... Potty." . She's gone a few times. The first time she cried and said no a lot. We got her a Baby Alive for Christmas and showed her that baby doll goes in the potty when she drinks her bottle and the very next day she said pee pee. potty. We put her on with her water and she chugged the whole thing. After she caught her breath she stood up all proud and looked in. She was so surprised when it was empty. LOL. She thought it would just go right through. She wants to do it but doesn't understand how to do it yet.
mandattu_02 likes this.
January 30th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluga View Post
Kia is doing well with the potty. She goes on it multiple times a day. Sometimes she initiates it and sometimes I do. We still use diapers a lot, always while out and probably half the time when at home. If she has just peed in the potty she gets undies and if I'm feeling brave she sometimes gets to have them for hours. It just requires me to be aware of taking her to the potty at certain intervals if she doesnt ask for it herself. Interestingly she seems to do better in the evenings than earlier in the day. Somehow I think it should be the other way around as often she's tired and grumpy later.
We went undies full time when it is just the two of us at home. She's doing OK with it. She knows the difference between undies and a diaper and she is not fond of the feeling of wetting herself when she has the undies. I think that potty learning is a process that should be given time. I'll be thrilled if we can pack away the diapers completely by her second birthday in May.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
February 7th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Rebecca is not interested in the potty. I first bought her a seat that goes on top of our toilet, and she screamed bloody murder every time I put her on it. Then I bought one of the little potty's that sits on the floor, she likes that one, she'll follow me into the bathroom and sit on it, but if I take off her diaper and put her on it she just cries. She's just not ready yet I guess.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
February 12th, 2013, 06:31 AM
I think we have had a breakthrough! I posted this on FB but not here. Shawn is smarter than any of my other kids were at this age. The kiddo knows how to pee on the potty but he hasn't really wanted to. Yesterday I put him on the potty and I said "if you pee on the potty I'll give you a cookie." I really didn't expect anything to happen because this trick never worked with any of my other kids but he shocked me and smiled and made a little pee pee. So I gave him a treat. This morning I promised him some yogurt and strawberries if he peed and first he said "uh-unh." But then I put him on the potty and told him I'd give him some "yo" (yogurt) if he went pee for me and he did it again! So I am going to get some skittles or something like that for him so I can give him a treat for going. I am really excited about this. He got real excited and smiled so big when I praised him so I hope he's ready to start potty training. I don't know about the poo in the potty but we're making progress.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search