latest words/phrases

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mandy5586
  • 1 Post By Rachel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What cute things are your LOs saying/trying to say now??

Brynlee's cutest thing lately is saying, "Aw maaan". She drops something and says AW MAN! She bumps into something, AW MAN! She drops her cup or food or whatever else, AW MAN!

DH also got her saying "OOOH NOOOO!"

I also think it is hilarious when she says "here". It's clear, plain as day. Hands us things HERE. If I ignore her or don't get to her fast enough, MOMMY HERE! MOMMY HERE! HERE MOMMY!

She is also super good at saying Thank you! Well, it's actually Tank You. But she says it when you hand her something or when you get her out of a chair or off the table or whatever she is doing. And when she says "yeah", I've been telling her to say yes. So she says, "yesh mommy".

ALSO, when she sees a cat on TV she says, "RERA!!!" (Our cat's name is Rita so she calls her Rera.) So I guess she thinks all cats are Rera. She does the same with puppies. She sees dogs on TV and shouts PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY!!

Share!! I love their cute little voices!

January 15th, 2013, 01:15 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, those are all super cute!

Dominic is getting really good at food names. I think it's particularly adorable when he says pizza. He's saying lots of colors as well. Red, blue, yellow, and purple. He says please and thank you if I 'ask' him to but not on his own. He's doing animal noises which make me laugh, his favorite is a duck and his quack sound is so funny. he says quack but adds in this weird growly sound to make it sound more like a duck.

For phrases, he says "What's that" and "I wan't that". He puts other words together as well if he knows them. He is picking up words I would rather not hear though (thanks to DD fighting with him) He now says NO and MINE quite regularly. Also heartbreaking is when I leave him in the middle of the night and he cries and calls out "Mama.... Mama up!" But he did say Hi Mama the other day and was super cute.

He says oh uh when he drops something. He's started calling Kaitlyn Kiki in the last few weeks. he used to call her Kytin which was closer. The only thing I can think of is we went to her friends out and her friends nickname is Kiki so maybe he thought that was easier and just started calling her that too? Eh oh well... lol

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 15th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How cute and so smart!! Brynlee only knows blue. She identifies everything that is blue and says it more like "boo" (which she also says when she hides BOO!) and she recently started saying yellow, but she doesn't point it out. She only repeats the word after me.

And oh my gosh Brynlee is on the MINE!!!! kick...she grabs my phone and hugs it to her chest and says MINE! And does it with everything else she picks up. It is the most annoying thing that she does. She will get mad if you take it away even if I give her something that IS hers!!
irishblessing likes this.

January 15th, 2013, 01:24 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dominic's "blue" still sounds like boo too. I think the L sound is hard for them to put in there at this point.

You should try to teach her to say octopus! I haven't worked on that with Dom yet but that was my favorite word Kaitlyn used to say at this age. It was so darned cute!!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 15th, 2013, 06:29 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far we have "nooooo", "mine!", "hello", "byebye" and "Papa" down pat. He'll say other words but not as clear.

January 15th, 2013, 06:43 PM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As a matter of fact, Adele did something new today. I went into her room this morning to find her saying "Up"....and standing up, then saying "down" and crouching down. I'm like...whoa! Who taught you that?

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

January 16th, 2013, 05:22 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Kaylee has started answering questions, "Yah!". She says belly (bell), bum, Amy, and actuallt gets Tucker out pretty good too!

She roars for dinosaurs (also says dino lol) and monsters, says bock for a chicken and moo for a cow!

Oh, she says Melmo for Elmo too
January 16th, 2013, 06:50 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This week he has started doing karate on us. He holds on to something so he can kick his leg high enough & hollers, "booooo kaaaaaa!" Or "ayyy ya!"

It is so funny! I'm going to catch him on video.

January 17th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alexis new big thing is taking our hands and pulling us for a walk and saying "Come ooohn!" then leading us around the house.
January 17th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Keelan's latest phrase is "wuv voo", which melts my heart!
FallinWoman likes this.
January 20th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lew today said Mama for the first time. *melt*

He also tickled me for the first time and said kuh-kuh for tickle-tickle.

I am just excited that we finally have a few words beyond Dada and ball!

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
January 20th, 2013, 02:35 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Carter doesnt talk much but tonight at dinner he just said LL DONE! and raised his hands up in the air. I was so surprised!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search