RQOTD - Jan. 17th

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do you feel when someone says boy/girl is easier to raise?
January 17th, 2013, 10:01 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! We were having this discussion on the Canadian board.

I don't think one is really easier than the other, they are just different. My girls didn't get into as much stuff when they were toddlers so they were easier that way because I didn't have to chase them as much. But I've discovered little girls get big attitudes when they get older so they are harder to deal with that way. So I think they are both easier/harder just at different stages.

January 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kids can be hard to raise, lol

January 17th, 2013, 12:56 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That comment always makes for good discussion. I think X is harder to raise at this she than Layla was, but I'm certain that the teenage years with a daughter will be more difficult. I'm not looking forward to a 14-15 year old Layla. I remember how I was and grimace.

January 17th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it depends on what you view as "easy". My sisters daughter is very clingy and always wants to be held and my sister thinks she's easy because when she's holding her she doesn't get into things. However, her husband thinks she's hard because she needs too ,inch attention and he'd rather have her run off and play with other stuff lol. I think Tristan is easy when I get sleep but on nights where he's up every few hours I find boys to be very difficult lol!

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
January 19th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Having two the exact same age makes me scoff at them, and just say that although they are much different from each other....they definitely have their own challenges.
January 19th, 2013, 07:24 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
I think being a parent is hard, no matter the child's gender. Different parents/children have a harder time at different stages.
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
January 20th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have raised a girl from age 9 to her now 18 years old. I have raised boys from ages 0-4. I think there are different challenges at different ages and with different kids.

Mostly it bugs when people say that because I don't like the idea of simplifying parenting to being as easy as "this one is a girl so you do a, b and c....this one is a boy so you do x, y, and z."

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
January 20th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Having both genders, teaching kids, and seeing others with their kids, I would just laugh at their naivete. Both genders are difficult in their own way; plus you have to consider the temperament of the child too.

CLingy kids, no matter the gender, I find exhausting. Perhaps that's way I'm thrilled mine aren't clingy. K has so much energy that he is tiring, physically. But it's good to because then I make sure to "run out" his energy. M is drama queen galore and is mentally exhausting. I am not looking forward to the teen years with her. little rose is my clingest one, and well, she is a combo of both M and K - my little devil in sheep's clothing you might say. She will give us the biggest run for our money and it wouldn't matter if she was a boy or a girl.
January 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I think it's more about the parents. Some parents are more wired toward raising girls and some are wired toward boys, and then they say girl/boy are easier because they are easier for them. For me, boys are easier especially in that preteen/teen phase, but someone else could have an easier teen girl and think that boys are harder.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search