Let's talk weight ladies

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Momma2BraylonandMadeline
  • 1 Post By Hazel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Veteran
Have you made it back to your pre-pregnancy weight? If not, are you close or do you not care? LOL
What have you done to lose weight?

I am not back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am about 15 lbs away. I am not sure if I ever will be though. I didn't really do any anything to lose the pregnancy weight. I have recently started working out bc I want to tone up for the Summer. I was very uncomfortable last year. Other than working out, I am still eating like I normally do.

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!!

January 18th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not back to pre-pregnancy weight but I'm ok with it because I was almost under weight before. I didn't gain much during my pregnancy (10 pounds total) due to hypermisis. Pregnancy changed my body shape a lot. I'm more curvy now and before I had a very straight up and down body type. I think I look better now. I just toned everything up with pole dance, yoga, and this work out: The No Squats Belly, Butt & Thighs Workout - Prevention.com

January 18th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Momma2BraylonandMadeline's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma2BraylonandMadeline
I'm probably at my pre-Madeline weight but not quite to pre-Braylon. My ultimate goal would be to lose 20 lbs more (I was working towards that when I got pregnant with Braylon). I am about 5 lbs away from pre-Braylon right now. I just started 14 days ago doing Jillians 30 day shred and watching portions but no strict diet. I am more interested in inches though than weight at this point. I have to be in SIL's wedding in October and want to be looking good at that point ... and then I plan to get pregnant again and start the process all over . Although I haven't gained much in either pregnancy so I should be ok.
Leogirl likes this.

Thanks claire1979 for my adorable siggy!

January 18th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am below but I was over before I was pregnant so I still need to lose. The gym has removed some inches the last few months but the scale hasn't really moved
January 19th, 2013, 06:32 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am way below. It took me longer than the others to get it off but I started running again and that helped. I am actually under and trying to gain now.

January 19th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMum View Post
I am way below. It took me longer than the others to get it off but I started running again and that helped. I am actually under and trying to gain now.
Lucky you to gain some! LOL I really want to get a treadmill because I know if I did, I'd run quite a bit on it. Plus I can run on it when Clayton goes to bed or on days that the weather isn't great and not have to worry about taking Clayton out.

January 20th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I sadly still have most of my pregnancy weight to loose I gained a huge 50 pounds during pregnancy and only about 15 have came off so far. I started dieting and exercising more before the holidays and lost about 5 pounds in 6 weeks but for as strict as I was (no carbs, no fruit, nothing sweet) I've done the same diet before and lost about 7 pounds in 2-3 weeks. I just can't seem to loose the weight. I just got some workout walking dvd's and am going to try that and see if I can get motivated and loose weight.

I'm hoping that now that I finally weaned Kynslee (milk still hasn't completely dried up from over a week ago) that will help me loose more weight.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
January 20th, 2013, 05:43 PM
I started using the LoseIt app on my phone a few days ago. I like it If anyone else uses it, friend me! Nonnierms at gmail dot com
January 20th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
I started using the LoseIt app on my phone a few days ago. I like it If anyone else uses it, friend me! Nonnierms at gmail dot com
What does the app do?

January 20th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Keeps track of exercise, what you eat, your goals, charts your weigh-ins. I can scan barcodes of food and it will pull up the nutrition information (if it is in the database). I can enter in a recipe and it will calculate the nutrition information for me. It is easy to use and quick--I used to use the calorie counter site but it was so darn slow that it took forever to log something in.

I find myself making better food choices since I know I will be logging it LOL Plus I have a habit of eating a lot of veggies and while that is good in a way, it isnt so good when I realize I have only eaten 900 calories for the day and because I still nurse Izzy quite a bit, the docs say I should be aiming for a minimum of 1800 Most days I eat around 1600 without thinking about it but then I get those 900 days and logging keeps me aware of when it is happening so I can eat something a little more substantial before the day is over
Mommy2Clayton likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search