RQOTD - Jan. 18th <---- Please check in on this one ladies!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By tricia_16_
  • 6 Post By mandy5586

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're slowing down! What do YOU want to see from the board?

More games?
More LO centered topics?
More hot topics?
Posting challenges?

Suggestions please!
January 18th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure, honestly. Even when I Was thinking of topics to start/ask today, I had a hard time thinking of questions that people may answer.

I am wondering if people are just checking in less and less here and we are going to turn into the other PRs where people hardly post. I hope not...especially since there's a few ladies who don't use Facebook.

January 18th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmm, IDK what to do. I'm swamped with work and kids right now, so While I lurk I don't always have time to post.

Sometimes I don't post about LO updates, just because she's my third, so it isn't new any more. Also, it's also discouraging at times too since she's one of the youngest.

Usually I'm good with RQOTD since they're quick.

Sorry, no real answers.
January 18th, 2013, 10:33 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I don't have any suggestions either

I try to answer most threads, but there just aren't as many as there used to be!
January 18th, 2013, 10:41 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
A lot of it could be that most people have everyone on FB. And get most of their updates from there now. While I have no real issues accessing JM from my phone. It can be a pain posting new topics and replying ect. I dont have any suggestions to bring it back to the board. I am hosting in June right now and that keeps me pretty busy especially because I was hosting by myself for a few months. Other than that I have been busy with David's school stuff and the kids activities. But I have taken a step back from the board for a bit. Maybe messaging the people you see post regularly on FB that are not here anymore asking them to come back to JM would be a good place to start.
January 18th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Discussions! Not just threads that you respond to and don't go back to, but ones with posts and replies you want to reply to again!
Leogirl and Dee Darling 3 like this.
January 18th, 2013, 11:17 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post
Discussions! Not just threads that you respond to and don't go back to, but ones with posts and replies you want to reply to again!
I like this idea.

January 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I will be very honest and I do know that a few other ladies have said they feel this way as well...

I do not like the chat threads. I think all of the posts go there. I am bad about going back far enough to reply to everyone so I don't want to ignore anyone's posts, but then I feel like mine get ignored when I do post there. So I am not a big fan of them.

January 18th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I'm with Mandy on the chat threads, I don't use them!
January 18th, 2013, 12:26 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not a clue on this one. My overall impression is that it's coming to THAT point. Didn't want it to happen, but I think it is.

January 18th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not a fan of the chat thread either, and I know I miss stuff there. I think a lot of posts there would make for great stand alone posts.

I think we can do some discussion posts... I'll go drum up something worth discussion...

Keep those comments and suggestions coming! We don't have to stick with one thing!
January 18th, 2013, 08:30 PM
E Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
I like how this board has not gone FB exclusive. Sometimes I'll peruse around other boards, to see why they are so dead, and it seems that it's because the ladies became very close and just interact on FB instead. That's great, but for those without FB or those (like me) who like to keep their personal life as private as possible, the message boards are great. That's why y'all are great.

IDK how to keep things from getting slow though. I never read long chat threads, and honestly never look at these RQOTD threads either. (I only looked at this one because it told me to!) I honestly just realized a couple months ago that it was random QUESTION of the day and not random QUOTE of the day! lol! Because seriously, I never checked it. I like the off-topic posts at times, and the mom questions/advice! I know that we don't always need help all the time though. As a first time mom, I've seriously learned a lot from everyone here. Even if I don't post all the time. Except tonight. haha

January 18th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
I will be very honest and I do know that a few other ladies have said they feel this way as well...

I do not like the chat threads. I think all of the posts go there. I am bad about going back far enough to reply to everyone so I don't want to ignore anyone's posts, but then I feel like mine get ignored when I do post there. So I am not a big fan of them.
I haven't been reading the chat threads and even though I was for them initially, I do believe they keep the new topics from being posted.

I feel like I'm letting you all down. I need to be more active.
January 18th, 2013, 08:39 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My November group made a secret fb group. It was created at first because JM was going through tons of changes. We changed servers, changed owners and it was down all the time and we wanted to still chat. When JM came back we always went back. But as our kids got older lives got busier and it was just easier to go into the group. A lot of our conversations are not JM appropriate. as much as you want to be private on here the boards are public you don't have to be a member to read here. We still have 50 members posting in our fb group. I'm not saying it needs to move to fb but I am just saying that people may interact more outside JM because its easier to access fb on our phones. And most of the updates people use to share here share on their walls.

I agree with the chat thread. I've posted in them and don't feel that everyone gets answered. And a lot is shared in them.
January 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I am going to be bluntly honest here... we have three hosts on this board and I don`t see a whole lot of hosting going on. For a board with 3 hosts there should be lots more topics being posted. I just stepped down from the boards I host because I found it too much/too much pressure and I think that if the hosts on this board aren't up for it anymore maybe you guys should see if there are some other mamas who would like to host?

I think a lot of people who come to this board respond to topics rather than post new ones... so it's just getting those new topics posted.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 19th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been on JM a long time, boards come and go with busyness, and from experience it seems the more engaged hosts stay, the busier the board. You don't need 35 regular posters to run a board, I'm on a board right now where we have about seven long term regulars, the newbies tend to load the posts, and the regulars tend to fill up and connect in the private room. I think it needs to be a good mix of both. Hosts could start topics in the private group, right? I stick around as long as the topics are hot and there's alot going on.

Lucky mother to five!

January 19th, 2013, 07:12 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
I love the idea of discussions.
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search