Unhappily Bedsharing

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 10:02 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Tucker will NOT let us put him down!!! It is bad enough during the day that he screams bloody murder as soon as he is not being held, but he does it at night too!

We try to get him to sleep in his bassinet, but after an hour of him snorting away and spitting out his soother only to fuss until we shove it back in again, we give in and either hold him or lay him on our bed between us... Where he instantly falls fast asleep.

Why!? We never had this problem with Kaylee.

Neither of us want to hold him at night (since we already have to hold him ALL day) and we don't want to bed share either. Any advice for how to get him to be content out of our arms?
January 18th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No advice just Tristan would only fall asleep with us up until about 9 months and then we started to put him in his crib and rub his back until he fell asleep. He was usually having a fit but it tired him out lol. Bed sharing always sounds like more fun before you do it haha

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
January 18th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any advice either. My only suggestion would be to get a good carrier for during the day? That way you don't feel like you are only holding him all day long...then maybe snuggling with him at night won't seem like such a hassle. I'm not sure.

January 18th, 2013, 10:41 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I've had a K'tan on back order since my baby shower in November... waiting not so patiently now to see if that will help at all. I'm hoping it will!
January 18th, 2013, 10:45 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I would also suggest a carrier for day use. The bed sharing thing in honesty is time. Maybe his bassinet does not feel comfortable to him? Sometimes they just want that closeness at night because they had the constant closeness while they were on the inside. Just because he wants to sleep close now does not mean he is going to stay in your bed forever. Could he be gassy during the day? Anything weird with his poops? Could you bring his crib in your room instead of the bassinet? Honestly the bassinet just might not be comfortable for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post
I've had a K'tan on back order since my baby shower in November... waiting not so patiently now to see if that will help at all. I'm hoping it will!
Check Craigslist do you have that there? You maybe able to find a sling for fairly inexpensive while you are waiting.
January 18th, 2013, 11:20 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No advice either! I hope it passes soon.

January 18th, 2013, 02:59 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No advice but *hugs* and you might find the second one is a whole new ball game compared to the first. I know I did and it was a shock lol

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 18th, 2013, 07:35 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Hang in there, I am a hard one to give advice because I think it is totally normal for babies to want to be close and snuggled up and warm to it's parents... he was just warm and snuggled up inside you for months. I also loved bedsharing when we did.

It will pass, hang in there! I agree with the carrier, hope your one on back order comes soon.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 18th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
((hugs))
January 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No advice here. We become accidental bedsharers due to it being the only way I was ever going to ****** survive breastfeeding in those early months, LOL. Miles has always been a high-touch child so I think being near me was probably the only way I was ever going to get sleep. I had/have a love-hate relationship with bedsharing these past 17 months but ultimately I learned to deal with it and even enjoyed it. Not saying that's what you need to do, but just saying that it does get easier/better if you decide to keep doing it. And despite what everyone says they DO learn how to sleep on their own eventually. Miles used to be THE king of up-my-butt bedsharing and now he adamantly points to his crib the second I take him into the bedroom and sleeps there all night almost every night.

Meanwhile I also recommend a carrier. I don't know what the weight minimum is on it but I super duper love my Boba. I used it all the time when Miles was an infant and will do so again with this baby. I was able to get it on and off very quickly and could even nurse in it. Loved it!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

January 19th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No advice here either. I can say that I bed-shared with M for the first 4 months. She loved snuggling with me. K would never bedshare. He wanted his own space from day 1, so he used the bassinet. little rose used to sleep in her crib most of the night, and now at 16 months, sleeps in our bed the ENTIRE night.

It's not bad and she loves the connection. I am at the stage though that I need to transition her back to the crib and begin weaning her.
January 19th, 2013, 06:43 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I thought I should add this. If you do plan to continue bedsharing for the time being I would highly recommend you look into SAFE bedsharing. So so so important. Bedsharing gets a bad wrap because a lot of people don't know how to do it safely.

If you google safe bedsharing lots of stuff comes up.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 19th, 2013, 07:14 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That can be hard, the sleep deprivation. :/
I'm sorry but I hope you find something that works for all of you, quickly!
January 19th, 2013, 11:42 AM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
I'm so sorry! I picked up a $10 used Maya Ring Sling at a used kids store. It's so easy to pop on and off and pop Carter in and out of. He was a touchy baby too and I loved my stretchy wrap for that time. Now we use a Beco and love it for outings, we use the ring sling around the house when he needs some cuddle time, he also will nap in it.

Could you sidecar his crib to your bed, that way you and Dh have your space and he has his space but can still cuddle?
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
January 19th, 2013, 12:39 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I feel for you. I went through the same issues. I ended up just using a carrier and swaddling her. That and medicine and special formula for colic. Other than that, hopefully it'll get easier with age.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search