Checking on LOs

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2013, 09:19 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
So how many, if any, times do you check on your LO through out the night??

A big thank you to Jaidynsmum for another gorgeous siggy!!
January 21st, 2013, 09:48 AM
Julka
We do not check on him! (don't have a monitor either).
He sleeps 12-14 hours a night and wakes up happy in the morning & "calls" for us

The only time we open his bedroom door at night is if there is a reason, i.e he cries really hard or like a few weeks ago he puked EVERYWHERE. But a quiet baby = sleeping baby!
January 21st, 2013, 10:49 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't check on Dahlia either. She is usually up a couple times a night anyway, she will let us know if she needs us!

We do check on Dallas (2.5yr) once before going to bed ourselves to make sure she is not halfway off the toddler bed, lol.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

January 21st, 2013, 02:05 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I don't check on Pea either. Except for when she was sick last night and the dr advised me to. Her O2 at the dr was at 89% so she was having trouble breathing and stuff. But other than that I don't, unless she's sick.

I have a monitor too.

January 21st, 2013, 02:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We don't check on Duncan either as long as he is quiet.

January 21st, 2013, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I don't check on them. I have a monitor because we have white noise going in both rooms and I can't hear her over that. (we have loud neighbors....blah)

January 21st, 2013, 05:04 PM
Loves Kate!
I don't check on Katelyn either. We also don't have a monitor because her room is next to ours.

Born 11/19/11
January 22nd, 2013, 02:29 AM
Im surprised by these answers. We dont check on Gary either, unless of course he is screaming or something. He goes down at 8 and doesn't wake up on the weekdays until I wake him or weekends he wakes up and I can hear him in his room.

January 22nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't check on Lina either. We do have white noise in both rooms to help everyone eep better so I have a monitor and can hear her every move anyways. Aside from last night Lina has been sttn for awhile now. I think she may be having some discomfort lately because she was pretty fussy while sleeping last night.but she never fully woke up

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

January 22nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is still sleeping with me, so I don't check on her lol. Once I am not working we are going to try night weaning and getting her to sleep in her room. I am thinking of going straight to a toddler bed, since she has never used her crib....is thatcazy?

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
January 22nd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do. I check on both kids before I go to bed. I love to see them sleeping (so quiet, so innocent, sometimes a much needed reminder that they can be angelic LOL)
it doesn't wake either since my DD sleeps with the door open and I don't close Nathan's door all the way so I push it open and peek at him and close it again.
I can't NOT check on them, guess I'm the odd one out

January 22nd, 2013, 07:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I check on the babies, every time i wake up i always check on them.. I worry to much i think.

January 23rd, 2013, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookums View Post
I do. I check on both kids before I go to bed. I love to see them sleeping (so quiet, so innocent, sometimes a much needed reminder that they can be angelic LOL)
it doesn't wake either since my DD sleeps with the door open and I don't close Nathan's door all the way so I push it open and peek at him and close it again.
I can't NOT check on them, guess I'm the odd one out
I used to I only stopped like a month ago. . .bc one of my dogs gets SO excited when he hears the baby's door open he tries to get in and he woke him up twice. So i dont anymore but we only go to sleep like 30 mins after him and i still keep the monitor on. Its scary sometimes when I wake up I turn up the monitor to hear him breathing lol. Sometimes I want him to wake up and cuddle like he used to, but then in the morning after a full nights sleep I remember why i dont REALLY want that haha

January 23rd, 2013, 05:49 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
I don't check on Grey and we don't have a monitor in his room either. If all is quiet I'm good with leaving him be!
January 23rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I check on all my kids before I go to bed. I think it's more a habit or a little OCD! No monitor either...i can hear Jon perfectly fine if he wakes up.
January 23rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I do not check on Caylyn either unless she is crying.

January 25th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
I don't go in and check on him because i have a monitor but i do glance at it occasionally

January 29th, 2013, 08:06 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
I don't check on J either. & we have no monitor. (I did with my first son.) He sleeps in his own room from 8p-8a now (no wake-ups since the last week of September) and I don't want anything to ruin that. HAHAA! No more waking up at 7am. YAY!

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search