Done and making it permanent?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
Mummy to great girls
Anyone else out there thinking that they are done having kids and are going to make it permanent?

I saw my OB last week and he has recommended a repeat C-section, which I am not worried about as he is the professional and knows what is safest for me and bubba this time round.....however, I did happen to ask if he would be able to tie my tubes while he was in there. Turns out they will do it but you and your partner/DH have to sign the forms before hand to make sure you are completely ok with it.
Since the appointment, I have been reading online about the success rate of tubal ligation / tube ties and they seemed to be rather low. I really dont want any more kids after this one so I might suggest DH get snipped as well for double protection. Anyone heard of ties gone wrong??

January 23rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i've heard more about accidents when the men get snipped. I haven't really heard about accidents with women.
January 23rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought tube tying had a very high success rate?? I was considering it too last time but didn't end up feeling comfortable because I wasn't 'sure' we were done. I have never personally heard a story of a tubal failing.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 23rd, 2013, 05:37 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my tubes removed when I had my section with DS, as in she actually took them out, put them in a jar and showed them to me. No more surprises for me, so far so good.

January 23rd, 2013, 07:47 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
My uncle got snipped after his third boy, a couple months later they got pregnant with their little girl. His wife got her tubes tied and since then no more surprises!

#2-EDD 9/10/14
TTC 19 months, round 1 of clomid worked! 100 mg CD6-9

January 23rd, 2013, 11:43 PM
Mummy to great girls
Wow, thanks ladies. Maybe down here they dont do them properly hence the low success rate. I think it is a better idea to just remove them - will consider this.

January 24th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my tubal last year and no surprises here.

What kind of tubal do they do? there are different types with different levels of success. Mine were clipped and cauterized and I've seen the before/after photos of them.
January 24th, 2013, 06:51 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I have never heard of them failing either... that being said I don't plan to ever do anything permanent like that to myself. DH can get snipped if he wants but I am ok with using natural family planning.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 24th, 2013, 09:35 AM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen+Zoe View Post
Anyone else out there thinking that they are done having kids and are going to make it permanent?

I saw my OB last week and he has recommended a repeat C-section, which I am not worried about as he is the professional and knows what is safest for me and bubba this time round.....however, I did happen to ask if he would be able to tie my tubes while he was in there. Turns out they will do it but you and your partner/DH have to sign the forms before hand to make sure you are completely ok with it.
Since the appointment, I have been reading online about the success rate of tubal ligation / tube ties and they seemed to be rather low. I really dont want any more kids after this one so I might suggest DH get snipped as well for double protection. Anyone heard of ties gone wrong??
I had my tubes tied during my c-section. So far, nothing has gone wrong.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

January 24th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Mummy to great girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Darling 3 View Post
I had my tubal last year and no surprises here.

What kind of tubal do they do? there are different types with different levels of success. Mine were clipped and cauterized and I've seen the before/after photos of them.
As far as I know, here they just clip them but I need to ask some more questions at my next appointment as they might do it a different way depending on whether or not you might want a reversal in the future. I want mine as permanent as possible.

January 24th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I had the Essure procedure in October, I think after Keelan was born. It was fairly easy and not painful at all.
January 24th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OR nurse here lol. lap tubals are harder to "guarantee" since its all done through a camera and everything looks pink and its hard to separate things sometimes, plus they don't take a sample. An open tubal like one done with a c/s-much lower failure rate-most places actually recommend cutting out the tube completely (they think ovarian cancer is starting in the tubes now) and they send a specimen for confirmation. I had a tl with my repeat c/s and it was awesome.

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
February 1st, 2013, 09:50 AM
Happy Mommy
yep I had a tubal after bob. I did also have ti sign MONTHS before to ensure it wasn't an in the moment decision.
February 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im in same boat girl. Hubby doesnt want me to get my tubes
Tied. He would rather get snipped.

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
February 1st, 2013, 11:19 PM
Mummy to great girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlove08 View Post
Im in same boat girl. Hubby doesnt want me to get my tubes
Tied. He would rather get snipped.
How come he would rather be snipped than you have your tubes done? Are you having a c-section or would you have to have it done after the birth?
DH is happy to get snipped as well because we both feel done now and I think we both feel safer about it too. I'm no good at taking pills and I have had an IUD before but I want something that I dont have to think about.

February 2nd, 2013, 01:53 AM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen+Zoe View Post
How come he would rather be snipped than you have your tubes done? Are you having a c-section or would you have to have it done after the birth?
DH is happy to get snipped as well because we both feel done now and I think we both feel safer about it too. I'm no good at taking pills and I have had an IUD before but I want something that I dont have to think about.
Yup. C section for me again. I told him lets do it while c section is being done. He states it's "less invasive for him". And that NO MATTER WHAT HE is done having kids. He doesn't want me to ever have to worry about a reversal say if we ended up divorced one day. lol

NOT that we are thinking of that. that's just how my hubby thinks. He says he will NEVER have kids with another woman.

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
February 2nd, 2013, 05:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We aren't 100% sure we're done, but we're not making it permanent until we are. DH has volunteered to get snipped so that's the route we'll be going. I dont' know much about tubals, I've never researched them, but I've never heard of one going wrong.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search