Who is still breastfeeding?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By CoreenaC
  • 2 Post By tricia_16_
  • 1 Post By Dee Darling 3
  • 1 Post By Rachel
  • 1 Post By joonzgurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Are you surprised that you're still nursing?
Do you have a plan to wean or a goal to reach?
How often is LO nursing?
How do they let you know they want to nurse?
January 25th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you surprised that you're still nursing? Not really. Being a SAHM makes it easier to keep going than if I were working right now.
Do you have a plan to wean or a goal to reach? Originally I wanted to make it to one year. Now I am just letting him go until he self-weans.
How often is LO nursing? He only nurses 4-5 times a day for 3-5 minutes at a time.
How do they let you know they want to nurse? He walks over to me and dances up and down bopping me on the knees. If I ignore he flops onto the floor dramatically. LOL

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
January 25th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you surprised that you're still nursing? Yes. I didn't think I would make it 18 days let alone 18 months

Do you have a plan to wean or a goal to reach? I'm hoping to start soon and be done by spring

How often is LO nursing? 1-3 times a day.

How do they let you know they want to nurse? He pulls at my shirt

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
January 25th, 2013, 10:47 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Everett nurses every few days but I am pretty much dry from the pregnancy makes me so sad.

January 25th, 2013, 10:54 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you surprised that you're still nursing? Yes!
Do you have a plan to wean or a goal to reach? Nope, just kind of going with the flow at the moment.
How often is LO nursing? Once for his nap in the afternoon, once during the night, and early in the morning he comes in bed with me and will nurse off and on till we get up.
How do they let you know they want to nurse? He normally just nurses to fall asleep these days.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 25th, 2013, 10:56 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
My original goal was 18 months. Only a couple more weeks and we're there!

Planning on nightweaning after 18 months once I've lost more weight. I hope to make it to two unless he self weans before then.

He nurses probably 4-5 times over 24 hours for around 5-10 minutes each.

He signs milk to let me know.
FallinWoman likes this.
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
January 26th, 2013, 01:45 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I'm breastfeeding again, does that count?
Rachel and marieks85 like this.
January 26th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so surprised I am still breastfeeding. My other 2 were down long before this.
I don't have a particular goal, except the end of April. I'll be going out of town overnight for work, so it would be best if she was weaned.

She nurses at bed times, mostly nights. SHe will pull at my shirt and try to lift it up to tell me she wants to nurse.
marieks85 likes this.
January 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I'm surprised, but not at the same time. We have no goal or plan to wean at the moment. Just going with it. He nurses for 5 or so times a day. When he wants to nurse he lays down in my lap, pats my chest and says "beebees", which has changed recently. He used to just say "ba". If I ignore him, he tries to pull up my shirt.
marieks85 likes this.
January 26th, 2013, 11:21 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Are you surprised that you're still nursing? Not really. I didn't "plan" to nurse thing long, my goal was 1 year. But I think mamas still nursing know how attached the LO's tend to get to it.
Do you have a plan to wean or a goal to reach? I am working on cutting out naptime feeds right now and then I will go from there.
How often is LO nursing? morning, bedtime, and naptime.
How do they let you know they want to nurse I don't let her nurse at will. If she asks for num nums by signing milk I tell her that "num nums are for naptime or bedtime or whatever". Then I offer her a drink of something else or a snack.
marieks85 likes this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 27th, 2013, 08:41 AM
r&lsmama
We stopped at 14 months, but I just wanted to say good for you! extended nursing is awesome!
January 27th, 2013, 09:40 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Are you surprised that you're still nursing? A little. I planned a year but once we found he had milk allergies the nutritionist said to nurse at least til he's 2.
Do you have a plan to wean or a goal to reach? Hoping he self weans.
How often is LO nursing? 5x a day plus a couple times at night.
How do they let you know they want to nurse? Sits in my lap and wiggles himself into position or lifts my shirt.

[/url
January 27th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we just weaned a couple weeks ago, after a really bad cold. She just could not breathe thru her nose for 4 days in a row, and during that time she realized she didn't need it anymore. so when she got better, she refused the breast. It was an easy transition physically, I never got engorged or anything. We were down to just 3 or 4 nursings a day before that, only before sleepy times.

Very only mildly sad we didn't make it to 18 months, but 16 months is good enough.
January 27th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Tamara0711's Avatar :)
Are you surprised that you're still nursing? No.
Do you have a plan to wean or a goal to reach? Nah, just whenever...
How often is LO nursing? Mostly at nap and bed time. But, if we're home and she wants to nurse I let her.
How do they let you know they want to nurse? Haha, she tries to pull up my shirt and says, "E"... which means eat. LOL

Last edited by Tamara0711; January 27th, 2013 at 06:52 PM.
January 28th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petalfuzz View Post
we just weaned a couple weeks ago, after a really bad cold. She just could not breathe thru her nose for 4 days in a row, and during that time she realized she didn't need it anymore. so when she got better, she refused the breast. It was an easy transition physically, I never got engorged or anything. We were down to just 3 or 4 nursings a day before that, only before sleepy times.

Very only mildly sad we didn't make it to 18 months, but 16 months is good enough.
16 months is great! I'm sure being pregnant your supply took a hit anyway.
February 2nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you surprised that you're still nursing? Not really
Do you have a plan to wean or a goal to reach? I like to make it to 2, but weaning is on her terms, so if it's earlier and led by her, then so be it
How often is LO nursing? At least once, she nurses to sleep, so if I do a nap and bedtime, she nurses then and then again once or more during the night. On weekends, DH will do her nap and sometimes bedtime, so those days, she only nurses during hte night.
How do they let you know they want to nurse? She usually just pats my chest or tries to pull up my shirt.

Expecting baby #4 in April - It's a BOY!

Two Little Monkies on Etsy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search