Eczema

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 10:29 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Does anyone's little one have eczema? Poor Avery, I had it under control really well using Glaxall Base cream, but one day last week MIL did her bath and didn't put the cream on after and it has flared up again.

It's on her tummy, back, arms, legs. Not everywhere but quite a few patches. I have been trying for over a week to get it cleared up but can't seem to.

How do you control it if they have it? Limit baths? More baths? Steroid cream?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 26th, 2013, 11:01 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
We eliminated dairy and orange from his diet, use cortate on really bad spots, use green beaver all over him, bath everyday only using soap on the important to wash spots. Since recently confirming the orange allergy his skin has almost cleared right up. Our paediatrician has told us his eczema is caused by his allergies.

[/url
January 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my oldest and silas do. Ayla not as much, but a tiny bit.
January 26th, 2013, 03:59 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lilli has it. It mainly flares up in the winter. She has it on the backs of her upper arm, and outer top leg. Sometimes belly too. We use aveeno ezcema cream. It works, okay. We make sure to keep it hydrated, so lotion in the am and pm. Also we limit baths to about 3 times a week, however we wash hands, face, feet and privates daily to stay clean.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
January 27th, 2013, 07:28 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Layla has it. We used to limit baths when she was younger to every other day. We cant do that now since she's older. We do oatmeal baths and hydrocortisone when she has a flare up, slather her daily with pure Vaseline, and don't use anything scented, including laundry detergent. So far, that keeps it under control.

January 28th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Keelan doesn't have it, but I do and so does Daniel and Gabby. Less baths, lots of moisturizers, steroid ointments (not creams, ointments seal in moisture better). I would check with the doc to see if you can get her into an allergist or at least have allergy testing. Gabby and Daniel are allergic to peanuts (mildly) and cats (also mildly), but we think both of those things trigger them. Daniel has mostly grown out of the worst of his problems, but he does get some patches on his ankles and feet from time to time.

I have it bad. I recently tried coconut oil upon many recommendations and one night I slathered it on my arms, face, neck and shoulders ad woke up with a horrible rash and inflammation. Now I'm on oral steroids for a week or so. It sucks.
January 28th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Will has it. I took him to the children's hospital when he was an infant and they gave me prescriptions for ointments. I apply them about every-other day and it keeps it at bay. If I let it go more than about 2-3 days, he gets it again. They also said to keep him slathered in vaseline. Which is fine, but in the summer months here in Arizona, it's just too hot to keep his skin all covered like that.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
January 28th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniLand View Post
Will has it. I took him to the children's hospital when he was an infant and they gave me prescriptions for ointments. I apply them about every-other day and it keeps it at bay. If I let it go more than about 2-3 days, he gets it again. They also said to keep him slathered in vaseline. Which is fine, but in the summer months here in Arizona, it's just too hot to keep his skin all covered like that.
Yeah, I don't know about him, but I can't put Vasaline or ointments on my skin and not put clothes over top. It just feels weird. My mother used to slather me when I was a kid and I hated it. It's probably why I don't keep my eczema at bay as much as I can because I just can't stand the feel of ointment on my skin. I like lotion, but they are more water than anything so it's counter productive to use them because water dries out the skin, believe it or not.
January 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I slather the Vaseline on at night after a bath, & it's gone COMPLETELY in the morning. Maybe Layla's skin is dryer than some of your LO's. Her skin sucks it up no problem.

January 28th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
I slather the Vaseline on at night after a bath, & it's gone COMPLETELY in the morning. Maybe Layla's skin is dryer than some of your LO's. Her skin sucks it up no problem.
That's what we generally do too for Gabby. It does suck it up.
January 28th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mya has it but it's pretty mild, I don't even use the hydrocortisone prescription that often. She get's baths every night and I rub her down pretty good with vaseline. Right now she only has one small patch on her knee about the size of a chickpea but thats it.
January 29th, 2013, 06:09 AM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Emrys has it. We treat the flare ups with Rx hydrocortisone and put Aveeno on him daily. Still trying to figure out what works. Dove sensitive skin doesn't work. Head and shoulders (recommended by ped) is maknig it worse, he's digging holes into the back of his head. I don't know how he even gets his arms and hands where he does.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search