Speaking of names...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is your LO's name popular?
If it's popular, was it that way when you chose it or does it seem like it became popular after your named him/her?
If it's popular, did you choose it in spite of its popularity or because of its popularity?
If it's more unique, would you be disappointed if it became a more popular name?

January 28th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not at all! I've never heard of anyone else with her first name. It has Japanese orgins but it's a unique name there as well from what I understand. Her middle name is not widely popular but it's common enough that I know at least one more.

January 28th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is your LO's name popular? It is now. I've met/heard of a lot of Brynlees lately :/
If it's popular, was it that way when you chose it or does it seem like it became popular after your named him/her? We chose it because we really liked it. It wasn't popular at all when we chose it.
If it's popular, did you choose it in spite of its popularity or because of its popularity?
If it's more unique, would you be disappointed if it became a more popular name? I am actually kind of disappointed that it has become popular. Our photographer's daughter was born in July like my Brynlee and her first and middle name is the same! Then she photographer two other Brynlees that belong to girls I went to school with. And there's a Brynleigh at Brynlee's daycare now! Then of course, we go to the store over the weekend and some grandma told us that her granddaughter is named Brynlee.

I don't want there to be a bunch of Brynlees in her grade!

January 28th, 2013, 07:04 AM
r&lsmama
I've honestly never met another Layla. We haven't herd of other babies with her name either. it deffinetly isn't a popular name around here.
January 28th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Is your LO's name popular? definitely not
If it's popular, was it that way when you chose it or does it seem like it became popular after your named him/her? n/a
If it's popular, did you choose it in spite of its popularity or because of its popularity? n/a
If it's more unique, would you be disappointed if it became a more popular name? no, I think it's a great name, but I don't think Keelan will ever have another one in any class.
January 28th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope, no others around here with her name. I love that it's unique! I don't think it will ever be very popular.
February 1st, 2013, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
To our surprise, Elise made the list for top 100 name of 2012. I think it was 89? I have never heard of another baby girl named it though.

Our other baby names were on the list too, but we aren't worried too much about popularity or having other children named the same in their class.
February 1st, 2013, 03:27 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Is your LO's name popular? No, I don't think so. I personally know of two, one in this playroom
If it's popular, was it that way when you chose it or does it seem like it became popular after your named him/her?
If it's popular, did you choose it in spite of its popularity or because of its popularity? We just liked the name lol was torn between Kaylee and Kailyn
If it's more unique, would you be disappointed if it became a more popular name? Not really. She is unique regardless of how popular her name is
February 1st, 2013, 06:09 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is your LO's name popular? Not overly, but I think it is in the top 100 for boys
If it's popular, was it that way when you chose it or does it seem like it became popular after your named him/her? n/a
If it's popular, did you choose it in spite of its popularity or because of its popularity? n/a
If it's more unique, would you be disappointed if it became a more popular name? No I wouldn't really be disappointed, I think it's a wonderful name.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
February 1st, 2013, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is your LO's name popular? I've not bet a ton of Alexandras but it's currently something like #76 in popularity
If it's popular, was it that way when you chose it or does it seem like it became popular after your named him/her? I think it's been a semi popular name for a long time.
If it's popular, did you choose it in spite of its popularity or because of its popularity? Since it's only semi popular it didn't really matter to me.
If it's more unique, would you be disappointed if it became a more popular name? even if became really popular I don't think it would disappoint me. And if she's in classes with tons of other Alexandras she's got plenty of nicknames she could use if she wanted.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

February 1st, 2013, 06:34 PM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is your LO's name popular? I don't know, not too many Adele's.
If it's more unique, would you be disappointed if it became a more popular name? Kinda, yes. However, my new little one's name is so unique no one has ever heard of it unless they have watched Merlin. It was my grandpappy's name and it would be nice for someone to say for once OH I've heard that name, very nice. Instead of "oh I've never heard that one before"

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

February 1st, 2013, 08:34 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
It's more popular than I realized. I have met a few other little girls named Avery recently. It was the #13 most popular name for girls in my province and #25 in Canada in 2011.

I am kind of dissapointed. I wanted her name to be unique.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 1st, 2013, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lew is not all that popular. I have heard of a few, but not tons. He is named after my late father, so popularity was not a consideration at all. And that is also why I won't care if it becomes more popular.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
February 2nd, 2013, 03:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is your LO's name popular? My oldest, Kiera has a popular name. Ayla and Silas don't. /B]
If it's popular, was it that way when you chose it or does it seem like it became popular after your named him/her?It became popular after I had her
If it's popular, did you choose it in spite of its popularity or because of its popularity?It wasn't popular. although there are a lot of Kiera's, they are mostly all spelled different, with one 1 other I have encountered spelled the same way as my daughter (kIEra
If it's more unique, would you be disappointed if it became a more popular name?yes. I hate popular names
February 2nd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is your LO's name popular? Not really, not really unusual, but not popular either
If it's more unique, would you be disappointed if it became a more popular name? It doesn't matter either way. Alexis seems like a name that has been around for a while but never has become super popular, which I don't mind. I like classic names that aren't unusual but also not popular.

Expecting baby #4!

February 2nd, 2013, 07:47 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Well he is Everett the third in my November group. But outside of there and a few on JM I haven't heard it before. David's name is on and off the top name list but he hasn't had another one in his class. Katelynn is on and off as well. But never spelt the same way. Payson is no where near it lol.

I don't really mind if a name becomes popular we choose what we like and don't base it off anything else.

February 3rd, 2013, 06:54 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
I pick a name if we like it or not, being popular does not bother me at all. I personally don't like when people change the letters of names to make it look more unique, but that is just me.
February 3rd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is your LO's name popular? I didn't think it was when we picked it but now I hear it more and more
If it's popular, was it that way when you chose it or does it seem like it became popular after your named him/her? After we named him it seems like everyone having babies was naming theirs Tristan lol
If it's more unique, would you be disappointed if it became a more popular name? I hope the trend dies off. I don't want Tristan to go to school with a million other kids with his same name

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search