Do you eat out often?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Rae~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Once a week? Every few weeks? Once a month? Where is your favorite place to go out as a family?
January 28th, 2013, 03:23 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe twice a month to a restaurant and probably twice a week to "fast food" places. For restaurants, we mainly go to a mexican place down the road. It's quick, and cheap. lol. We also do cheddars sometimes.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
January 28th, 2013, 04:12 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
To a nice (not fast food) place, probably twice a month. Fast food take out at least weekly, plus we go out for breakfast once a week too.

Very often lol We don't really stick to one place except for breakfast; we are Burger World regulars
January 28th, 2013, 05:00 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We used to go often, probably 4-6 visits monthly with a combination of restaurants & fast food places.
Since I've turned over a new leaf, it's probably 0-1 times a month. I'm not strong enough to resist all of the savory dishes I can't have right now. For example, there is no freaking way I can go to Olive Garden & not eat chicken Alfredo & 2-3 breadsticks. No. Way. So, I choose to just stay away. Better on our budget & my stomach & thighs.
AniLand likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 06:08 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not often these days. I'm not a huge fan of eating out as a family. It's just more work for me than it is nice. If we do go I like Montanas or the Springs. We do get fast food once in a while.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 28th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When DH is home we go out a lot more often. Usually at least once a week to a nicer sit down place with the occasional fast food thrown in.
With him gone I get fast food here and there but that's it.
We usually go out as a family to The Rock Pizza, The Ram or BJs.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

January 28th, 2013, 07:32 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Probably once or twice per month. We usually go to Boston Pizza as a family and if it's just me and DH we go to the pub.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 29th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Some weeks we get fast food once or pick something up from the Market at United Marketstreet (like last night) during the work week. We usually save that for when we have busy nights or get home late or something. We usually go out to dinner to a sit-down restaurant on Friday nights. We used to go get breakfast burritos on Saturday mornings, but now we stocked up on breakfast food for the weekends too (instead of just the work week).

We don't really have a favorite place to go out as a family. When we go out, Brynlee goes with us. So we go to every place as a family.

January 29th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We go out to breakfast every weekend. It's a little diner down the street. We also end up going out to lunch or something too, if we are out running errands. But we never go to any place that is expensive. Just middle of the road places, like a diner or sandwich shop.

I am addicted to eating out, I'm not going to deny it. My husband tells me all the time that we need to watch our budget because it adds up so fast. And he is right, so I have gotten much better about it.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
January 29th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniLand View Post
We go out to breakfast every weekend. It's a little diner down the street. We also end up going out to lunch or something too, if we are out running errands. But we never go to any place that is expensive. Just middle of the road places, like a diner or sandwich shop.

I am addicted to eating out, I'm not going to deny it. My husband tells me all the time that we need to watch our budget because it adds up so fast. And he is right, so I have gotten much better about it.
There's some weeks that we eat out more than our "norm". If we're out and about on a Saturday, we do the same as what you said. We grab something while we're out, but it's never expensive. (It does add up though.) My husband used to eat out 5 days a week at work. If they are out of town, they reimburse the guys $5. But what he doesn't understand is that even if he is out of town all 5 days, eats out all 5 days, gets $5 back, but spends about $10 a day with drink and tip, he still spends $25 a week eating out. But the thing is, they don't get they money back until Friday. If he doesn't keep his receipt (often) then he doesn't get $5 back. AND that's only when they are out of town.

He doesn't have a fridge or microwave so he has a big lunch box with ice packs in it. He eats a lot of tuna, but has a lot of different recipes for it, LOL

January 29th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We go out about 1-2 times a week. Weekends we go out for breakfast, and I often go for a lunch with a friend once a week.
January 31st, 2013, 04:53 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
We go out to a resturant as a family maybe once a month? if that. Its just way to much work to take all three kids out sometimes.

We rarely eat fast food, maybe once every 2 weeks or something like that and its usually mcDonalds for the kiddies.
February 2nd, 2013, 05:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We eat out about once a week, either fast food, take out or sit down.

Expecting baby #4!

February 3rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have been really good about not going out to eat often. Our little guy is kind of a monster at restaurants anyways! He is find while he is eating, but as soon as he is done he wants to be out of the high chair or booster seat and moving around.

Last night hubby and I had a date night and went out to dinner and a movie, so we picked up fast food for the kids. That was the first time they have eaten fast food in months though.

February 3rd, 2013, 12:57 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Adding up work, school, date nights and family meals out I'd say 2-3 times a week. I like making sure my kids know how to behave at meals in public
February 3rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We go out maybe one a week or once every 2 weeks.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search