Flashback!!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 07:42 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
The year is 2004

How old are you?
What are you like?
What are you doing on a day to day basis?
Do you live in the same place as you do now?

What would you say changed about you the most?
What did not change that you wish did?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 29th, 2013, 05:30 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The year is 2004

How old are you? 24
What are you like? I'm a new mom, on this day 2004 my baby was only 16 days old and we had been home from the hospital for 9 days.
What are you doing on a day to day basis? I'm trying to figure out how to be a mom to a little 5lb baby and had no idea what I was doing. She seemed so small and helpless at the time. I was also recovering from a section and trying to support my DH who's dad had a heart attack the day we got out of the hospital with DD.
Do you live in the same place as you do now? No, we live in the same area but 2 road over, we out grew our 2 bedroom house in the past 9 years.

What would you say changed about you the most? My parenting skills, I'm not the new scared mom I was at this time 9 years ago, I'm pretty confident in the way I'm raising my kids. The size of my family has also changed big time!
What did not change that you wish did? I was hoping we would no longer be living in the city by this point in our lives. I was also hoping we'd both have better jobs and have a little more financial stability.

January 29th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How old are you? 18. Just graduated high school, going off to college

What are you like? Happy! I finally moved out of my mom's house, LOL. I was super excited to go off to college.

What are you doing on a day to day basis? Well until May, I was still in high school. So I went to school, softball practice, and work. I drank a lot on the weekends with friends. The 2nd half of the year, I was in college. So I went to school, met lots of people, college parties, explored the my new university.

Do you live in the same place as you do now? Sorta. I live in the same town I went to 2 years of high school in. Then I moved 3 hours away for college, met DH my last semester, and moved back home after graduation. And now we are moving in March!

What would you say changed about you the most? I would say my WEIGHT! I am tons heavier than I was in 2004! As in about 57 lbs heavier. I'm also not a partier anymore. We go out every now and then, mostly when DH's friends come in from Colorado, but I don't have a drink often.

What did not change that you wish did? This one is a tough one. I think this is a good and bad thing about me...I am one of those people that when I'm pissed off, I have to tell myself (in my head) to just calm down. "Don't say anything." Then I blow a gasket when I get to my breaking point. So sometimes I wish I was better at calmly just telling you what the deal is instead of holding it in and then blowing up. This is hard for me in work meetings. We have 3 administrators and they are horrible about saying one thing and then doing another or back tracking or whatever. We were in a meeting getting chewed out and I had PROOF (written notes from the last meeting) that they were wrong, but I let them go on and on. I sat there just waiting for one of them to ask me my opinion. Sure enough, the exec director said, "What about your Amanda? You look like you have something to say..." (and she had this sly look on her face) WELL, "thems fightin' words" and I just said, "Let me telllll yooooooooou......." and went off. So I wish I could change that about me, LOL

January 29th, 2013, 06:43 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
How old are you? 20
What are you like? I am a partying manic. I am healthy and fit, about 85lbs lighter than I am now. Now how is that for depressing? LOL
What are you doing on a day to day basis? I have taken a break from univeristy and am living in Australia, working temp jobs and living in hostels. I am drinking and smoking pot almost daily.
Do you live in the same place as you do now? I wish! I love Australia.

What would you say changed about you the most? I'm not partying like crazy.
What did not change that you wish did? I wish I was still healthy and fit (partying aside) running 10kms races and stuff. I can get there again!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 29th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
The year is 2004

How old are you? 32
What are you like? heavier, but basically the same.
What are you doing on a day to day basis? dating Neely and working retail
Do you live in the same place as you do now? yup

What would you say changed about you the most? I've had two kids!
What did not change that you wish did? can't think of anything
January 29th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The year is 2004

Ok i'll be the baby here lol

How old are you? 17
What are you like? weird. Dressed funny, but still kinda nerdy. Shy. Ready to graduate high school. Also about 50lbs lighter (and though i was huge back then lol)
What are you doing on a day to day basis? School and working part time a grocery store and then a bank toward the end of the year
Do you live in the same place as you do now? Nope. I have one and off since then though.

What would you say changed about you the most? I've grown up, got married, had a baby.
What did not change that you wish did? I'm still very shy and insecure.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search