Adele not sleeping well

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joonzgurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 05:16 AM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone else suddenly having issues with toddler sleeping? Adele has always been a wonderful sleeper but lately (and I mean about 2 weeks now) she is not sleeping well. She wakes up crying and stays crying for long periods, last night being the worst yet (1 a.m. to 4 a.m.). We are zombies working full-time jobs and unsure how to address this problem. Any advice anyone? Mercifully Emrys slept through her cries. We here from daycare she's cranky and biting her finger. Ok, she is teething, been teething since 3 months old, LOL, how much teething can you blame? She is also sick with a cold and stuffed up. We have the Vicks plugin, a humidifier, Vicks baby rub on her chest. Gave her Tylenol and Ibuprofen in rotation. At this point, I am starting to wonder if its behavioral and if so, what to do? We tried letting her cry it out up to 30 minutes. And its not an ear infection anymore, she did have that 2 weeks ago but a recheck on Saturday confirmed its gone.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

Last edited by wingqueen26; January 29th, 2013 at 05:18 AM.
January 29th, 2013, 06:34 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
The only thing you really can do is wait it out. She has shown you that she is a good sleeper, she must be waking because something is bothering her. Does she have her molars or k9's yet? Those are the WORST by far around here, way worse than her other teeth.

Also I wonder if she stays awake so long because her cries go unanswered for 30 minutes so by the time someone is in there to comfort her she is so worked up it takes her longer to settle herself.

I think she has had a pretty rough go with an ear infection, cold, her teeth probably hurt. My advice would be to comfort your toddler when she wakes, grit your teeth, and wait for this to pass. Because it will.
mandy5586 likes this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 29th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree that if she is normally a great sleeper, something has to be wrong. Maybe her room is too hot or cold. With a cold, do you prop her head up at all? I know baby's move around a ton, but when Brynlee has a cold...she pretty much stays on her pillow. (We use one of those pillow pet things. She loves it.) Brynlee was by far the worst when she got her 4 molars. I hear canines are much worse so I anticipate that we will have a lot of sleepless nights when those come in.

Is she napping enough? Does she go to bed too early or to late? I am just throwing out ideas.

January 29th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Keelan has never been a great sleeper. Last night he finally went down at 10:30, was up at 3:30 and fought going back to sleep till 4:20. Then was up for the day at 7:30. I'm exhausted.
January 29th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Kim
Evan did that last week, for the whole week. He'd cry when we left the room, but was fine when we stayed in his room or got up with him. It was a combination of a cold, teething and being hungry. He hadn't been eating much during the day because of his teeth, so he was starving in the middle of the night.

January 29th, 2013, 10:05 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dominic has never been much of a good sleeper , waking up 2-3 times for him is a good night. But the other ladies gave you some good suggestions. If she is regularly a good sleeper there must be something bothering her.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 29th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, the poor thing!! Well, if she is cranky and biting her fingers, I'd say it's definitely more teething. And if she's fighting a cold, then it's a double whammy. Will has been there before, a few times, and it's hard on me. But I know it's even harder on him. Even when he's screaming and pushing me away, I still want to hold him close. I usually set up the humidifier, alternate between Tylenol and Ibuprofen, and just try to let him sleep a little bit upright on my chest. I'll prop some pillows behind my back so I'm somewhat comfortable. Those nights last forever, but in the end if it helps him a little bit, it's worth it. I'm so glad Emrys slept through it!

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search