Have you ever been in a car accident?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Fender bender? Car totaled? Your fault or someone else's?
January 30th, 2013, 04:11 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Never! DH neither!
January 30th, 2013, 04:20 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
I was in a fender bender when I was 16, some jerkwad backed into my car as I was driving through a parking lot.

DH has never been in one driving.

We were both in the backseat of my BILs sedan when a truck went sideways around a corner and smashed into us. The car was totaled, everyone was fine except some whiplash and bruises.
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
January 30th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
2 fender benders. Both my fault. One was when I was 16, a week after I got my license I didn't back out far enough from a parking space before pulling forward and bumped the car next to me.
The other at 18, the first time driving in a new city and I accidentally changed lanes into someone. :/

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

January 30th, 2013, 04:55 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Once. It was in the snow and one of our friends was driving our car. The car was a right off.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 30th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
One fender bender that was my fault. I pulled into a drive through and they place was taking forever to respond, so I started to back out, not realizing that someone had pulled in behind me.

One accident where my car was totaled, totally someone else's fault. She ran a red light and smashed into me. Just bumps and bruises, but was fine.

Neely has been in one bad accident that required stitches, but before I knew him.
January 30th, 2013, 07:14 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was in an accident just before I found out I was pregnant with DD2. Someone turned left in front of me. I was going straight, he turned left, I slammed into his side door, spun out and hit another car sitting at the intersection trying to go the other direction. 2 of the 3 cars were write offs, 3rd was repair-able. I spent 6 months in physio, DD1's carseat was ruined, as in you could see the stress marks and 1 crack in the plastic but she walked away with just a scratch on her neck where the strap rubbed. Guy who turned left was at fault and had to pay for all my medical care and my deductables for insurance.

January 30th, 2013, 07:59 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Two, both bad, both on the highway.
The first one was at 20. the guy started to merge into my lane, & trying to avoid an accident, I merged onto the shoulder. Since I was moving at such a high speed, my car sort of got out of control, hit a guard rail, which in turn propelled me back into traffic. The car spun around many times before I was finally able to get it to stop. Funny, I never knew up to that point that brakes don't work in those situations. The pedal just bounces up & down, & you can't press it to stop. The other driver kept going. I had to pay for my own damages. I came out with whiplash but otherwise fine.

The second time was at 25. Again, a guy merged into my lane, noticed the mistake, tried to correct it by swerving, but t-boned me anyway. He stopped, was found at fault, & his insurance paid everything. I wasn't hurt.

After that, I vowed never to drive a small car again. The wrecks were in a mustang & a camaro. Now I drive big, POWERFUL, gas guzzling SUVs only. I have anxiety driving, & feel safer in a huge car that won't be overlooked. Hope I'm not jinxing myself. Please God.

January 30th, 2013, 08:33 PM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
never *knocks on wood*
January 30th, 2013, 08:41 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I was rear ended once, on the day I graduated high school. Was just fine, the car was repaired.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 31st, 2013, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, once in college...on campus. My fault. I was trying to turn left to get into the parking lot and this truck ahead of me would not go! So I had room to turn...bad idea. I turned left and a MOTORCYCLE plowed right into my passenger side...he flew up on my windshield. I started bawling and thought I killed him. I wasn't going fast, but he was going faster than the campus speed limit.

He wasn't hurt though. Thank God.

January 31st, 2013, 10:45 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
I've had a handful of small fender benders but the only real "accident" I've been in was when I was 14 years old. I was riding in my friend's mom's minivan in the middle of the first row of back seating - NO seat belt . The vehicle in front of our van stopped suddenly to make a turn so my friend's mom slammed on her brakes and was able to stop just in time to avoid hitting the truck. But then one of those huge Asplundh tree trimming trucks was behind us and did not have time to stop, so they slammed right into us. We got accordian-style smooshed in between the two vehicles and since I was without a seatbelt I went flying forward and hit the dashboard and windshield. I walked away from the accident on the scene but it turned out I was actually pretty hurt and was just in shock.

Long story short, I had broken ribs, minor head trauma, nerve damage in my arm and neck. I was on bed rest for three months and went through a ton of PT and other crap. Missed an entire semester of high school. I was lucky that I wasn't hurt much worse but it was still difficult to recover from because of the nerve damage. Thankfully I did fully recover, though, so there was no permanent effect from the injuries.

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!!!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

February 1st, 2013, 10:30 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
I was in several fender benders with other people driving. But I was in one bigger accident. I was 7 months pregnant with my first child, and we worked the night shift 30 mins away from where we lived. We got off at 2am and there was a snow storm. I was driving and the roads got really bad. There was a truck in front of me that fish tailed and I hit the snow and lost control and rolled our car. It was a write off, and besides lots of brusing and achy, we were fine. I was wearign my seat belt properly (across the hips) and so baby was fine. It was so scary.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

February 1st, 2013, 07:47 PM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Car totaled, my fault. Wintertime driving, didn't realize I was going too fast for the conditions, lost control, veered into the opposite lane and we collided head on. Thank God for seatbelts and airbags (which deployed and punched me in the face). Poor guy who was in the opposite lane turned out to be an illegal immigrant. They detained him at the scene and the poor guy was only on his way to work and here comes speedy sally and wrecks his life. But wait, there's more. . .I didn't want my parents to find out about the accident because I was leaving my then boyfriend's house (in the a.m.) so I hid the accident from them and proceeded to purchase the SAME car, make, model n' color even though it sucked in bad weather just so they wouldn't know. It was only 6 months old and less than 5K miles on it. : ) Even though I was nearly 30 and not living at home, I just didn't want to deal with their opinion.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

Last edited by wingqueen26; February 1st, 2013 at 07:50 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search