What are you currently reading?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AniLand
  • 1 Post By KMQ

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2013, 06:46 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Would you recommend it? Why it why not?
What are you planning to read next? If no plan, what genre do you think you'll visit?

January 30th, 2013, 07:44 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I am reading "Money Rules" by Gail Vaz-Oxlade. (she is a canadian TV personality who has two separate shows where she helps people sort out their finances and budget)

I like it. I would recommend it. Like she says- if you don't rule your money, your money will rule you.

Next I want to read something fiction.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not reading anything right now actaully

Would you recommend it? Why it why not?
What are you planning to read next? There's a Jodi Picoult book I haven't read yet that i want to get soon.

If no plan, what genre do you think you'll visit?

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

January 31st, 2013, 12:45 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I'm reading Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling

I am only a few chapters in, but so far it is not my kind of book. Seems to be about the politics of a small town. If it wasn't for my loyalty as a Harry Potter fan I probably would have stopped reading already lol That being said, I will not be surprised if I absolutely LOVE the book by the end, because I have that much faith in her as an author.

After this book I will continue the Bone Collector series by Jeffery Deaver! Loving those!!!
January 31st, 2013, 04:37 AM
I used to watch a show with Gail Oxlade in it! I forgot what it was called, but it was soooo good. She would go into people's homes & teach couples about budgeting.
They stopped airing it here for some reason.
Tim & I would also be amazed at how much more the families made there as compared to people in the exact same occupation in the US.

January 31st, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am an avid reader. If I could spend an entire day doing anything I wanted, besides spending time with my William, I would spend the day reading.

I just finished She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. I read it years ago, when it was first out, and I came across it again. I don't usually read the same book twice, but he is SUCH a talent, I couldn't resist. I highly recommend it. The book's main character is a girl, and you would NEVER know it was written by a man. It is a little dark and sometimes depressing, and I found myself thinking, "Come on, can't anything good happen to this girl?" and then having to remind myself it wasn't real. LOL.

So, I just finished that and now I'm reading something by one of my favorite authors, Elinor Lipman but I don't remember what it's called. I love Jodi Picoult too.
Dixana likes this.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
January 31st, 2013, 07:30 AM
Kim
I'm reading Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. It's the 4th book in her Outlander series; it's historical fiction, with a little romance mixed in. I really like the series so far. I've been reading the series off and on for the past 6 months or so. The books are really long, so I want to read something else when I finish one for a bit.

I got a book of short stories for Christmas that I'll read next. I can't remember what it's called.
Rachel likes this.

January 31st, 2013, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It makes me sad, but nothing right now. I bought a bunch of books for $2 each at Books a Million over Christmas break and haven't read any of them. I will though.

I read a lot of "chick lit" and also I really like Crime and murder mysteries, thrillers, etc.

January 31st, 2013, 08:15 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I'm sort of in between right now. I just finished the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr last night. It's good, but predictable, full of romance and sex, but not too over the top. Not usually something I read, but I got sucked in and had to complete the series.
January 31st, 2013, 10:44 AM
Oh yeah. I guess I should answer my own question. Lol.
I'm reading 11.22.63 by Stephen King. Love it & would highly recommend it to my Sci-Fi girls. It has time travel & action in it. I think most could appreciate that.
I'm going to do some non fiction reading next.

January 31st, 2013, 02:00 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMQ View Post
I'm reading Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. It's the 4th book in her Outlander series; it's historical fiction, with a little romance mixed in. I really like the series so far. I've been reading the series off and on for the past 6 months or so. The books are really long, so I want to read something else when I finish one for a bit.

I got a book of short stories for Christmas that I'll read next. I can't remember what it's called.
I love historical fiction. I might have to check that out! Thanks!
January 31st, 2013, 03:34 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My reading consists of nursing books (med surg) and microbiology. lol
I rarely get a chance to even read a magazine, but when I do it's US weekly.
I thought about reading 50 shades when I get a chance.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
February 1st, 2013, 05:06 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
I used to watch a show with Gail Oxlade in it! I forgot what it was called, but it was soooo good. She would go into people's homes & teach couples about budgeting.
They stopped airing it here for some reason.
Tim & I would also be amazed at how much more the families made there as compared to people in the exact same occupation in the US.
Yes, Till Debt Do Us Part, I love that show! She also has one now called "Princess". She gives glam girls with sugar daddies a wake up call, it's good too.

And yes I do think a lot of the wages are higher up here, but we pay more taxes and have a higher cost of living I believe.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 1st, 2013, 06:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I started Deep Down True by Juliette Fay last night. It's about a divorcee with 2 small kids. I'm only on Chapter 3. It started out kind of slow, but I am starting to like it.

February 1st, 2013, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
Yes, Till Debt Do Us Part, I love that show! She also has one now called "Princess". She gives glam girls with sugar daddies a wake up call, it's good too.

And yes I do think a lot of the wages are higher up here, but we pay more taxes and have a higher cost of living I believe.
Yes! Til Debt Do Us Part! We used to call it "money money money" because those were the only lyrics in the theme song for the show. Lol. They used to air it Saturday nights, & we'd watch it every Saturday when I was pregnant with Layla. Sigh. Who do I need to talk to to get our show back on the air here?
Americans NEED this, especially now.
Anyway, I'm going to get the book add it to my non fiction list.
I also recommend Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. He's not for everyone because not everyone is ready to completely change their way of thinking, but if you're ready to get out of the rat race of seeing all your money go out the door before you make it because of debt, he's. your man!

February 1st, 2013, 09:20 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
I am reading Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander M.D., it's his own story (he's a neurosurgeon that had a near death experience. I find it very interesting and I would recommend it. I don't have a plan for what is next, I'm not one to read a TON!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search