How frugal are you?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By babi_lovin11
  • 1 Post By mandy5586
  • 1 Post By mccaroline

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Have you always been frugal or is this something that you've grown into after having kids? Do you think you could stand to be more frugal? Are there somethings that you just refuse to skimp on?
January 31st, 2013, 03:33 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I don't think we're frugal... Probably should be more lol I just want what I want when I want it

DH refuses to skimp on contact lenses (won't even try cheaper ones), and I also refuse to buy no-name or off brand diapers. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head!
January 31st, 2013, 05:04 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Yep, I am pretty cheap. I hate buying anything over 10 dollars sometimes lol
marieks85 likes this.
February 1st, 2013, 05:10 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Not nearly enough. We never run out of money and we always have DH's farm income to fall back on, but we could certainly be saving a lot more if we were more careful. It's a work in progress for us, I always make budgets but have trouble putting them into practice.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 1st, 2013, 05:26 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I could stand to be more frugal. I'm a brand name grocery shopper but have had some bad experiences with store brands. Foot wear for my kids. Following a budget is almost impossible for me. I just go work a supply job when we need more money lol

[/url
February 1st, 2013, 06:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, out of DH and I...I am the more frugal one. I am frugal in almost all areas besides buying clothes, bows, and shoes for Brynlee LOL. I am one of those "rarely gets a haircut" kind of people, but will go spend $20 on bows. I rarely buy myself new things and when I do, I kind of...save up for them. At the grocery store, DH buys whatever he wants. While I am saying...uh no, we don't need that.

I haven't always been like that. In college, I got a credit card...and well that's how I developed credit card debt! But, now after maturing and being responsible...I have my credit cards almost completely paid off
~Rae~ likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 06:44 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you Mandy! Credit cards are the devil.

I'm pretty frugal. I buy generic at Walmart, & buy my clothes at Ross or Old Navy. I scour the clearance racks.
I could do better at the amount I spend on Layla's clothes. Girl clothes are just too cute.

February 1st, 2013, 07:39 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We have no choice but to be on kyles income. Luckily we will be a little more secure come June when our raise kicks in.

February 1st, 2013, 07:52 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I am the queen of frugal. To the point where my kids ask for something, then without missing a beat tell me if it's on clearance or not.

I buy store brand of just about everything, if it's name brand I use a coupon, I buy clothes in the off season and I shop thrift shops more than regular stores. I even tried making my own ketchup to save us some money, FYI that didn't go over well, I had to go back to store bought.

I also only use cash, if I don't have cash in hand it doesn't get bought, I've stopped using both debit and credit, except for gas, I do pay for gas with my debit card.
marieks85 likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by babi_lovin11 View Post
Yep, I am pretty cheap. I hate buying anything over 10 dollars sometimes lol
This sums me up haha

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
February 1st, 2013, 09:01 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I try to be frugal, but I get into trouble when I send Sarah to the grocery store. She just grabs, doesn't buy generic and doesn't cost compare. My mother taught me to not look at the prices of something, but at the cost per unit and buy whichever is less.

I absolutely refuse to skimp on ketchup, though. Must be Heinz.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search