Log In Sign Up

Facebook


Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
February 1st, 2013, 06:33 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,531
What was the last thing you saw on fb that thoroughly annoyed you?
Just for fun.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
February 1st, 2013, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,476
The most annoying thing to me is all of the friendship/love/etc quotes that people like. I hide a lot of people, lol. I had a "friend" from high school post about how she hates seeing pictures of everyone's kids. She said something like, "I get that you think you have the cutest kid, but not everyone thinks your kid is cute. We don't need 50 pictures every day. #getoveryourself" Something very close to that. I ended up just deleting her. I don't know how if she was talking about me or if she was talking about everyone in general, but regardless...you don't want to see pictures of my kid then delete me, don't B.M.W. about it.

I also had to delete my cousin's husband because he likes a bunch of those groups/pages/pictures that are "Freaks Only" and likes a bunch of half naked girls and perverted things. So I finally just deleted him!
Rachel likes this.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
February 1st, 2013, 06:59 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,531
Lol. No she DIDN'T Mandy. If she doesn't like it, she could delete the person or uncheck the "show in newsfeed" button.
I had a porn show up in my newsfeed because one of my friends liked it. I reported the page. I wonder if people know that things they like have the potential to show up in their friends' newsfeeds?

Anyway, my brothers girlfriend kills me with her posts. She's always talking about how much she loves him which is gross because he's my brother. then she brags about him going to work everyday. Ok. He's supposed to, huh? Good lord.
Rachel likes this.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
February 1st, 2013, 07:34 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 37,201
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Carseat misuse pictures.
Rachel, irishblessing and CoreenaC like this.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
February 1st, 2013, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lincoln, Ne
Posts: 1,968
Omg all the "Like this if you're going to heaven. Keep scrolling if your going to hell" and other variations of that. My cousin used to like all these sad pictures of dog fighting and babies/adults with huge tumors. It really disturbed me So I deleted him as well.
Rachel likes this.
__________________


Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
February 1st, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,599
I have one friend who constantly posts sensationalistic anti-Obama stuff. I don't mind that she and I disagree about our President, but I mind that the stuff is just false.
__________________
~Anne

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
Reply With Quote
  #7  
February 1st, 2013, 09:27 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 37,201
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am also sick of the gun posts on both sides.
Rachel and jdt like this.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #8  
February 1st, 2013, 10:23 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,531
Yes! The 1 like = 1 prayer nonsense. I HATE those. Hate it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
February 1st, 2013, 10:36 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Taneytown, MD
Posts: 114,703
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
My friend who just got a dog, posted a picture. They had to move out of their home this past year because they got the electricity bill so high they couldn't pay it and have trouble paying a $40 a month cell phone bill (on my account), but she can afford a DOG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
The most annoying thing to me is all of the friendship/love/etc quotes that people like. I hide a lot of people, lol. I had a "friend" from high school post about how she hates seeing pictures of everyone's kids. She said something like, "I get that you think you have the cutest kid, but not everyone thinks your kid is cute. We don't need 50 pictures every day. #getoveryourself" Something very close to that. I ended up just deleting her. I don't know how if she was talking about me or if she was talking about everyone in general, but regardless...you don't want to see pictures of my kid then delete me, don't B.M.W. about it.

I also had to delete my cousin's husband because he likes a bunch of those groups/pages/pictures that are "Freaks Only" and likes a bunch of half naked girls and perverted things. So I finally just deleted him!
I had a friend who once said that he wouldn't add you on Facebook if you had a picture of your kid/s as your profile photo. I quickly changed my picture to one of Daniel and then deleted him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
Lol. No she DIDN'T Mandy. If she doesn't like it, she could delete the person or uncheck the "show in newsfeed" button.
I had a porn show up in my newsfeed because one of my friends liked it. I reported the page. I wonder if people know that things they like have the potential to show up in their friends' newsfeeds?

Anyway, my brothers girlfriend kills me with her posts. She's always talking about how much she loves him which is gross because he's my brother. then she brags about him going to work everyday. Ok. He's supposed to, huh? Good lord.
You know what bugs me? When you have couples on your friends list and one of them posts on the other's wall about how much they love them and how wonderful and awesome and sexy they are. Aren't y'all married? Can't you say that in person, like on the couch or something? Why does this crap need to be on Facebook.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
February 1st, 2013, 10:42 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Taneytown, MD
Posts: 114,703
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
Carseat misuse pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieks85 View Post
Omg all the "Like this if you're going to heaven. Keep scrolling if your going to hell" and other variations of that. My cousin used to like all these sad pictures of dog fighting and babies/adults with huge tumors. It really disturbed me So I deleted him as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I am also sick of the gun posts on both sides.
Yes, to all of that.

Sheesh. I guess I have a lot that annoys me.
FallinWoman likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
February 1st, 2013, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,136
It annoys the CRAP out of me when people go on FB to constantly complain about everything, are debbie downers all the time, and just have a "my life sucks, I can't win" whine whine whine attitude!! It's so annoying!! I always find the positive in just about anything and we all have our bad days but every single day shouldn't be a bad one. And they continue to complain about their situation but do nothing to fix it!

Oh and I have an Aunt who makes posts (that to an outsider who doesn't know what's going on seem like a general post) about people/family who piss her off. It drives me nuts!!

For example, the other night she sent a group text to me (my sisters, cousins, and another aunt) of her hair. She was in the middle of washing it and had sectioned off pieces to condition it. After she applied the conditioner she twisted each section. I jokingly replied that I hope that wasn't how she was wearing her hair to work the next day because the first thing that came to my mind was Celie and Nettie from The Color Purple. We are a bunch of jokesters in my family and I promise it wasn't meant to insult her. She took it a little personal though and went off on a tangent. Not wanting to get into an argument with her I simply said: "I was just being silly. I didn't mean to insult you. If I did, I apologize. I have homework to finish though so I'll talk to everyone tomorrow". She replied that she wasn't mad and she "didn't take it personally" but then she went on FB and posted: "Some of my family members are rude and crazy. I don't have time for YOUR foolishness!" Luckily I'm pretty darn fantastic at ignoring people.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
February 1st, 2013, 10:48 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,531
Lol. Rachel You'd hate my brothers girlfriend then. She posted 10 things I love about my babe two days ago. One was his penis. I threw up a little in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponClipper View Post
It annoys the CRAP out of me when people go on FB to constantly complain about everything, are debbie downers all the time, and just have a "my life sucks, I can't win" whine whine whine attitude!! It's so annoying!! I always find the positive in just about anything and we all have our bad days but every single day shouldn't be a bad one. And they continue to complain about their situation but do nothing to fix it!

Oh and I have an Aunt who makes posts (that to an outsider who doesn't know what's going on seem like a general post) about people/family who piss her off. It drives me nuts!!

For example, the other night she sent a group text to me (my sisters, cousins, and another aunt) of her hair. She was in the middle of washing it and had sectioned off pieces to condition it. After she applied the conditioner she twisted each section. I jokingly replied that I hope that wasn't how she was wearing her hair to work the next day because the first thing that came to my mind was Celie and Nettie from The Color Purple. We are a bunch of jokesters in my family and I promise it wasn't meant to insult her. She took it a little personal though and went off on a tangent. Not wanting to get into an argument with her I simply said: "I was just being silly. I didn't mean to insult you. If I did, I apologize. I have homework to finish though so I'll talk to everyone tomorrow". She replied that she wasn't mad and she "didn't take it personally" but then she went on FB and posted: "Some of my family members are rude and crazy. I don't have time for YOUR foolishness!" Luckily I'm pretty darn fantastic at ignoring people.
I have a cousin like that! She does it to get an amen corner going. Thing is, the people on fb only know half the story.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #13  
February 1st, 2013, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,136
Oh and how about all of those "I can do this or go here if I get a million bajillion likes!" Those are annoying as all get out too.

Annnnd the FB pic trend where every other pic is of someone puckering their lips. Do people not smile for pictures anymore?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
February 1st, 2013, 10:53 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,531
Yeah. Duck face. I HATE seeing a man do it. I can't take that at all.
CouponClipper likes this.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15  
February 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
Lol. Rachel You'd hate my brothers girlfriend then. She posted 10 things I love about my babe two days ago. One was his penis. I threw up a little in my mouth.
Yea I think I'd throw up in my mouth a little too if I saw one of my brothers girlfriends post how she loves his penis! Yuck!! I used to live with him and I know how often he DIDN'T shower. Ugghh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
I have a cousin like that! She does it to get an amen corner going. Thing is, the people on fb only know half the story.
Exactly!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
February 1st, 2013, 11:10 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 37,201
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I guess I am annoying to people then, I post all the time about Kyle and things he does for me and how much I love him. We are coming up on 10 years and I am proud of that so if it bugs ya feel free to hide me. We have overcome a lot and had a lot to prove.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #17  
February 1st, 2013, 11:10 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 15,589
Bad car seat pictures. Like on friend posted one of her 3 year old in a booster seat with the regular seat belt. Same lady also then posted one of her 9 month old in a massive winter coat the clip was at his belly

People who are constantly going on and on about every little accomplishment their child does. I realize it's nice to be proud of them, its fun when they start walking, talking, doing cute/smart things, writing, reading, etc BUT I don't want a constant play by play. They come across as thinking their kids are so much smarter. Sometimes I just want to say "Hey! Guess what, mine can do that too, yeah.. yours is not SO special lol" but that makes me sound really awful haha

I am guilty of putting sappy love posts on DH's wall though and have to admit I enjoy it when he puts it on mine. I know we could keep it private but there is just something nice about everyone being able to see it lol
__________________

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
February 1st, 2013, 01:06 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,531
I never post on Tim's wall. I will, every once in awhile say something about him because I love him & he is my husband, but I equate constantly posting about him to sending him constant emails telling him I love him and/or constantly emailing my friends to tell them, "hey I just want to let you know how much I love Tim." Lol. I imagine they'd be like, are you serious??! Lol. So yeah, I keep that to a minimum.

Most of my fbf do too, but some are out of control.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #19  
February 1st, 2013, 01:52 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Posts: 3,094
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Yah, I am guilty of the lovey posts too

For me, the most annoying thing on Facebook is MY MOM. For those of you who have me as a friend, you have to have noticed that she comments on EVERY SINGLE status I have ever posted. Drives me up the freaking wall!!!

I also hate passive-aggressive posts when the poster doesn't say who it's about. I love the drama, but I hate it when I'm not in the loop
Reply With Quote
  #20  
February 1st, 2013, 04:34 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Taneytown, MD
Posts: 114,703
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I guess I am annoying to people then, I post all the time about Kyle and things he does for me and how much I love him. We are coming up on 10 years and I am proud of that so if it bugs ya feel free to hide me. We have overcome a lot and had a lot to prove.
Yes, but do you go to his wall and write him sappy "I love you, you're amazing" all the time? That's what I'm talking about. I end up seeing it because they are both friends and it's just like, walk into the next room and tell him/her that.

I get bragging about your relationship or even posting what a great catch you have.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0