OT: Update on me/dentist

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 06:33 AM
First Time Mommy
So I had my consultation at the oral surgeon yesterday. I scheduled to get my wisdom teeth out next Friday. I know my boss is going to be mad because we've been working on this fundraiser for a while and it is next Saturday. I am supposed to volunteer to work most of my Saturday at this event. So today we have our weekly fundraising meeting and I am going to give her my request off form for next Friday and tell her I can't work it on Saturday. She is one of those "easily annoyed" types of people.

Anyway, so the update on my appointment...I've posted a lot about having some jaw issues. Pain, feeling like it gets knocked out of socket, etc. I went to the dentist last June or July about this. They wanted to give me a night time mouth piece to start out and then probably get fitted for a day time piece, but insurance doesn't cover either one and they are very expensive. So I opted out of it for now. Yesterday at my consult, the oral surgeon said my jaw is slightly misaligned and probably has a lot to do with my top wisdom teeth coming in a lot since 2009. He compared my two x-rays. He said my teeth are healthy. Still no cavaties, decay, etc. It's just that I have issues with my TMJ joint. That's why I very rarely chew gum and things. My jaw pops a lot and hurts. Well, when he was trying to check the position of my teeth to see how easy/difficult they will be to get out, he noticed that when I close my mouth, my jaw goes crooked.

He put this thing in my mouth and told me to bite down. It's something that makes your mouth align properly. I could feel a WORLD of difference when I closed my mouth. So for now, I have to really focus on closing my mouth properly. He told me what to look for, etc. It's just crazy that I've had all of this pain and trouble and it might be something that's easy to fix. So I just work on that, get my teeth out, recover, and then we'll see if I need a day time mouth guard to keep my jaw aligned properly.

Keeping Up With The Petrosians
February 1st, 2013, 06:52 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you get some relief soon!

February 1st, 2013, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad the consultation went well! I hope it fixes your pain problems! I also hope your boss understands and doesn't get mad that you can't work. If she ever had wisdom teeth out then she should be able to sympathize with you.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
February 1st, 2013, 10:31 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Yikes! Hope you feel better after your wisdom teeth are out and your boss doesn't give you a hard time!
February 1st, 2013, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you feel better soon!! Wisdom teeth sure are a PITA!!
February 1st, 2013, 04:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad the consultation went well! Hopefully your pain problems all get fixed.
And I hope your boss doesn't get too annoyed with you.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

February 1st, 2013, 08:38 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Hope your boss doesn't give you too much trouble and that getting these teeth out makes you feel a lot better! Are the wisdom teeth what was causing all that pain?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 1st, 2013, 11:00 PM
Mummy to great girls
Yay, glad the appoinment has been set - dont worry about your boss, she wont be your boss forever!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search