Stupid hand (OT)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 04:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had to make an unexpected trip to the doctor today (my first visit for myself since I moved here actually lol)
I get an awful rash that cracks and splits tthe skin on the back of my hand a few times a year which I figured was eczema, it's annoying and gross looking but I mostly ignored it since nothing I'd tried helped.
Well I guess one of the little fluid bumps I scratched open by accident got infected. I was trying to just take care of it at home figuring it wasn't bad enough to worry about but DH was "omg you need to go to the dr" and I was going to wait til monday but I figured I'd call today to make an appointment since the doctors here are always booked solid (example, i tried today to make alex's 18 month appt and they're booked until march already). So at first the earliest I could get in for my hand was the 12th. Umm if I waited that long it'd either be better or i'd go to the ER lol. So he took 15 mins and found me something today with an hour's notice. Had no time for a babysitter since my usual lives 45 mins away so Alex came with. She did great despite being stuck in the stroller all that time.
So anyways, yep it's infected and I get 5 days of 4 huge horse pills worth of antibiotics a day. And I finally got a prescription for some cream for the eczema.

Moral of the story, don't be stubborn like me about going to the doctor even if you think it might end up being something minor and silly. Looking at it now, I'm thinking it might have been pretty bad by monday even.

Not sure why I posted this lol. But I figure OT post about my hand is still a post worth posting to help with the slowness around here hah.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

February 1st, 2013, 05:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh man!! I was wondering what your FB post was about!! I'm glad they got you in and you can get that infection cleared up ASAP.

February 1st, 2013, 06:02 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes! It's good you decided to go in. Hopefully the antibiotics work quickly and it heals up.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
February 1st, 2013, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
haha yeah that was the other reason I posted over here. So you ladies knew what was up with my weird status.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

February 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Oh no that sounds awful! I hope the antibiotics get it cleared right up for you

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 2nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
yikes! I'm glad you were able to be seen!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search