Usually just a lurker but have a question about a rash! With pic!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2013, 07:40 AM
321abc
My son is 13 months. He's had a fever since Wednesday morning was misdiagnosed as teething that day at an urgent care (whole other story ugh) and Friday was diagnosed with croup, ear infection and sore throat on Friday by his pediatrician. He is on Omnicef and just finished prednisilone for croup. He woke up yesterday with a rash starting on his head spreading to his trunk but by the time the doctor called back it was gone. He woke up with it worse this morning. I did leave a message with the nurse and
She said she would call me back after speaking with the doctor. I'm
Sure they are busy there are a lot of sick little ones around
I will post a picture soon but any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm wondering if he has strep? They didn't test him for it but they did say his throat was really red. They had already tested him for the flu which is yucky enough so I'm sure they didnt feel it necessary to jab him with another swab if Omnicef could treat it anyway.

They called back said I could give Benadryl and if he started swelling or wheezing to call back. That the prednisilone would help with the rash

Last edited by 321abc; February 4th, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
February 4th, 2013, 10:10 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Strep in small children is an interesting thing. Some Drs swear they are just carriers and nothing else, others insist that they can be symptomatic, but if he is already on Omnicef, which is also used for strep, they probably wont give him anything else for it. It COULD (the rash) just be a reaction to the medications, how much longer does he have on the omnicef?

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
February 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM
321abc
He's got 7 days left. Benadryl has helped a little. He's still so fussy and tearful so unlike him
February 5th, 2013, 06:27 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
If it gets worse I would call them back again. My sister is allergic to a lot of antibiotics and a rash like that may start smalll but the more med that gets into your body can make it get worse !

(((HUGS))) to the little man

February 5th, 2013, 06:58 AM
321abc
Thanks! They said to definitely get him seen if it worsens but it has mostly cleared up this morning.
I just gave him a dose of antibiotics so we will see if it pops up again.
February 5th, 2013, 10:11 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
depending on where it started it what a rash can tell you... my daughter had a similar rash and all it was, was a virus. Freaked me out as she had just gotten her chicken pox shot. cleared up in a couple days. Started in her private areas and then spread.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search